Young Writers Society

Top 5 Worst Books You Ever Read

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:37 pm
Mea says...

@Clickduncake Bridge Four all the way! *High fives*
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:34 pm
ChiravianSkies says...

Alright then... I'm surprised a full-out book war hasn't broken out.

5. Guardians of Ga'Hoole.
Spoiler! :
I like the plot of this series, but I can't get past the endless exposition, as if the author thinks we can't remember 100 pages back. Lasky, I'm only glad Rise of a Legend had less exposition. And was about Ezylryb because he's awesome.

4. Watership down. Gerd, how do people like this? I like my animal fantasies, but this was a boring fest of endless conversation. I didn't even know who the main character was. Ergh.
3. Allegiant. Divergent was good. Insurgent a little less good. But ALLEGIANT. WHY.
2. Outcast of Redwall. Serious love-hate relationship with this one.
Spoiler! :
It's cool. I love Sunflash, but this book was the closest it got to just plain out Redwallian racism. He's a ferret. He's evil. Period. NO! It ended up being that he was just spiteful and admittedly angsty, and sacrifices his own life, standing up to his father, just to let the girl that raised him live. Five seconds later, said girl that raised him calls him a vile creature and she shouldn't have bothered raising him. Wh-What?

1. A major tie between LoTR and Firewing.
Spoiler! :
First. LoTR was boring. The hobbit was cool, but I couldn't even finish the Fellowship of the Ring. I even tried Game of Thrones, despite having been scarred for life by the first episode. It was better than this.

Firewing.
Spoiler! :
Shade was an awesome character. He had such development through Silverwing and Sunwing. Then he has a kid. Somehow, this guy turns into a idiot. The son doesn't even get the brains. Like the way he flies with a short branch of fire and drops it on his best friend's head, killing her? Either he was just dumb or Luna was too stupid to live. Then Griffin gets sucked into the underworld. Shade, being a true hero, goes in after his son. Then the Climax. It's epic. Goth and Shade fight epically, and then when it is done, Shade kills himself to revive Goth and Luna. What? There's such a thing as natural selection, Shade. Luna was too stupid, so you kill yourself to revive her? No. You should kill yourself and then Griff takes half your spirit and you get the other half. This book's saving grace was Java.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon