2021 NaPo Recap

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Mon May 10, 2021 12:23 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

2021 ᑎᗩᑭO ᖇEᑕᗩᑭ

^ word cloud of 2021 NaPo Thread Titles

We had another wonderful year of National Poetry Writing Month this April! We started the count-down earlier than ever this year, counting down the jam jars until April began, and had more participants than ever before! It was a month filled with jam and poetry of all sorts - from loss to hope, love to grief, religion and death, robots, bugs, birds, and fish and everywhere in between. But even with all the diverse directions of our work we all came together to the common goal of sharing and promoting poetry - and we sure accomplished that!

This year joining National Poetry Writing Month were 82 participants (compared to 2020 - 70, 2019 - 58, 2018 - 64, and 2017 - 63) that's a ton of poets and together we were able to produce 1247 poems during the month of April and well over 130 comments! Wow - that's a lot of poetry!

Congratulations to everyone who shared your poetry or poetry enthusiasm during NaPo - what a wonderful year!

Special shoutout to @Liminality who did an absolutely fantastic job designing each of the beautiful jammy badges this year and thank you to Lim, Meshugenah, whatchamacallit, and Liebensteiner for their hard work in helping to check all these many many threads to determine who earned badges. And a great big thank you to hatch, Lim, starlitmind, and Mesh for all the work done in organizing and promoting NaPo this year, you are all incredible! And last but not least thank you to the many users who hosted Poetry Jams / Write-ins throughout the month or encouraged others to participate in NaPo! :)

Here's some highlights and award winners! And if you think you earned a badge that was not given to you please make a new post in the Badge Information Thread or send a Poetry Crew member a PM, we tried our best to catch everyone but might have missed someone.

Poem Writing

High Five Winners (5+ poems)
@akanbright @Carina @Carlito @CaptainJack @Elfboy @fortis @ForeverYoung299 @Hkumar @illy7896 @ImaginativeAlice @kattee @looseleaf @Magebird @MeherazulAzim16 @starlitmind @stygianmoon17 @Tenyo @TheScribe @TheBlueCat @Yoshikrab @Ventomology

Hearty Halfway Winners (15+ poems)
@AtlasWut @blueca @Charm @Hannah @JoyDark @Liebensteiner @niteowl @Que @rida @Rydia @ShadowVyper @Stringbean @Valkyria @veeren

NaPo Completion Winners (30 + poems)
@alliyah @Arcticus @Buranko @BrokenHeartsAri @ChesTacos @Chikara @EternalRain @EditorAndPerks @hannah0528 @Liminality @Meshugenah @mckaylaam @MapleWay @Momomajesty @Plume @PenguinAttack @quitecontrary @queenshadowgem @Spearmint @SilverNight @SpiritedWolfe @whatchamacallit

Poem A Day Winners (1 poem posted every day during April - that's a lot of dedication!)
@EditorAndPerks @EternalRain @Liminality @Meshugenah @PenguinAttack @Plume @SpiritedWolfe @SilverNight @Spearmint @whatchamacallit

Community

Jammified Winners (attended and logged 5+ Poetry Jams)
AtlasWut, whatchamacallit, starlitmind, alliyah, Spearmint, SilverNight, Meshugenah, chikara, Liminality, momomajesty, quitecontrary, SpiritedWolfe, Stringbean

Starter Seeds (wrote 10+ comments of encouragement)
@Euphoria8 whatchamacallit Spearmint SilverNight ShadowVyper Liminality ImaginativeAlice

Garden Challenge Winner (wrote 30+ comments of encouragement)
alliyah (37 comments)

April Madness Finalists 2021 (made it to the final round of April Madness - side note: big thank you to this year's judges and Perks for organizing this!)
chikara won 2nd place with this poem.
and starlitmind was this year's champion with this poem.

Important 2021 NaPo Threads
Information Center
Badge Information Center
April Madness (ran by @EditorAndPerks)
2021 Advertisement Contest (ran by @whatchamacallit, winner @Charm)
Shoutout Thread (ran by @starlitmind)
Mini NaPo Contests (ran by @alliyah)
& The 2020 NaPo Recap
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1227 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2021 12:23 am
View Likes
alliyah says...

Thank you for sharing your poetry this April during National Poetry Writing Month! Please join us again next year for more poetry fun!

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon May 10, 2021 1:16 am
View Likes
yosh says...

Did anyone else spend an hour trying to find your thread's name in the word cloud or is it just me.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

465 Reviews

Reviews: 465
Mon May 10, 2021 1:29 am
View Likes
starlitmind says...

alliyah, i believe you forgot someone in your thank you section of the recap c:

YOU!!!!! thank you so much for all the work that YOU put into this year's napo!!! it definitely wouldn't have turned out as amazing as it did without you here, so we all super appreciate your hard work and wonderfulness :) YOU ARE AWESOME!! <3
.--. --- - .- - ---

1227 Reviews

Mon May 10, 2021 6:23 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

WHA-- ;_; thank you so much, that is really sweet @starlitmind :') NaPo is my absolute fave so it is my pleasure to give as much hype & love to it as I can manage. And I'm just happy to be able to use my poetry excitement productively. Thank you for the shoutout! :]

(@yoshikrab not sure if "delirium" made it in there - a few words are cut out, but "shoreline" is the the bottom left of the word "make" in red-violet.)

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon May 10, 2021 7:51 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

Ah yes i found both delirium and shoreline thank ye
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal