Young Writers Society

LSS Post-Mortem

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:29 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Hey there, friends! LSS Round One was a lot of fun, both trying to participate in it and watching it from the sidelines. Talking to many of you, I've realized that LSS was pretty stressful in parts. While I anticipated this to an extent, as LSS is a competitive endurance event, I believe there were some missteps. This is healthy, as LSS Round 1 was very much an experiment on my part, and I'm excited to revisit this in the future. Before that, though, I would like your feedback and input on LSS Round 1. So, this is a post-mortem! No matter how involved or not involved with LSS you were, your feedback is important to me, so please take the time to fill this out! If you do not have an opinion in any of these questions, don't fret! Just skip, or N/A, or whatever you'd like.

Feel free to provide your answers here or in a PM to me, whichever works best for you! :D

For your support, I will donate you 250 points!

What's your name?

How did you hear about LSS?

How did you participate in LSS?

What did you think about LSS advertising?

What did you think about LSS admin?

What did you think about LSS requirements?

What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami)

What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS?

Any other comments?

Code: Select all
[b]What's your name?[/b]

[b]How did you hear about LSS?[/b]

[b]How did you participate in LSS?[/b]

[b]What did you think about LSS advertising?[/b]

[b]What did you think about LSS admin?[/b]

[b]What did you think about LSS requirements?[/b]

[b]What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami)[/b]

[b]What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS?[/b]

[b]Any other comments?[/b]
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:46 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

What's your name? LZPianogirl

How did you hear about LSS? Posts in the people tab and the banner that used to be at the top of the website!

How did you participate in LSS? I was the captain of a registered ship!

What did you think about LSS advertising? I thought it was just enough! The banner was definitely great and I think there was plenty of posts in the people tab about it (although I can't remember that well).

What did you think about LSS admin? I loved them! @Carina's statistics were awesome and the way @Vincian ran it was perfect. :)

What did you think about LSS requirements? I think the requirements are fine! I think maybe there should be more sailors allowed per ship, but I understand there may not be enough people participating to do so. I don't think I have other suggestions on this except maybe not have the captain have to post in the log. I know it was not a very strict rule, as @soundofmind replaced me once or twice, but maybe put in the actual rules that the captain can designate people to replace them at the end of each week.

What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami) I thought the time length was great! Honestly, time went by so fast I didn't even know we were on Week 10 until the Tsunami was announced!

What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS? The only thing else I can suggest is maybe in the LSS Port require the full-length description of the storybook/roleplay instead of a brief synopsis! There's really no point in it except convenience.

Any other comments? Nope! Good luck with this! <3

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:03 pm
View Likes
Corvid says...

What's your name? Corvid

How did you hear about LSS? Posts in the people tab.

How did you participate in LSS? I was a privateer for a while, then a pirate.

What did you think about LSS advertising? Well done!

What did you think about LSS admin? I thought it was fairly hands-off, which was nice.

What did you think about LSS requirements? Reasonable.

What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami) Chaotic and fun. It came at the same time as the holidays, though, which could be an issue or extra challenge going forward.

What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS? I don't really know! I had a good time, so I don't have any real improvements I can think of.

Any other comments? Nope, have a good day!
"yeet"
- albert einstein

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:24 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

What's your name? sound :)

How did you hear about LSS? you and people tab and the banner ad at the top of the page :)

How did you participate in LSS? I was part of the Unexpected Time LSS SB as a pirate!

What did you think about LSS advertising? I think the banner and reposts in the people tab were pretty effective and the information was easy to find!

What did you think about LSS admin? seemed good 2 me!

What did you think about LSS requirements? I think in the first two months they were okay keeping up with - but I know for me, near the end, it was a challenge to keep up.

What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami) I think the length was fine, though I think the timing of the last two weeks being around the holidays definitely make it feel like more pressure

What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS? It might be nice if the post requirements were less, or if there were just wordcount requirements? Like, still having a minimum wc for posts but instead of having to reach a certain wc and # of posts a week you just have to meet a wc, so that you don't have to split up posts that might make more sense as one... if that makes sense?

Any other comments? Das all I can think of rn but thankies this was a fun challenge and I'm really proud of our LSS ship :)
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:14 am
View Likes
Carina says...

What's your name? Carina hhhHH

How did you hear about LSS? you lol and all the planning that went into it, but also, all the hype in the people tab

How did you participate in LSS? I was the captain of our roleplay and started off as a privateer, but had to drop down to pirate during the holidays.

What did you think about LSS advertising? *chefs kiss* perfect

What did you think about LSS admin? Whoever kept track of the statistics is prob a pretty cool person ;)

What did you think about LSS requirements? I'm honestly not a big fan of the post count requirement; I think that really bogged us down, especially as a roleplay. I think just having a certain word count per person (and per ship) would suffice enough as a challenge while minimizing the burnout.

What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami) I think it was pretty good! I thought Tsunami was a great idea and I wouldn't change a thing about it.

What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS? No post count requirement, and not have this done over the holidays, ahaha. That certainly didn't help with the burnout, and I know for me, I had to drop down to pirate because of it.

Any other comments? THANK U FOR MAKING THIS EVENT LOV U
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—InuYosha

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:16 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

What's your name? winterwolf0100

How did you hear about LSS? I saw the advertisements, and I was also invited by a friend to join their ship.

How did you participate in LSS? I was a privateer for Runeseeker!

What did you think about LSS advertising? To be honest, when I first heard of it, I wasn't sure if I should join because I felt a little confused and intimidated by it. Once I realized me missing a week wouldn't automatically hurt my team I decided to join, but I was a bit confused on that at first.

What did you think about LSS admin? I thought they did great keeping in touch with teams and were very helpful.

What did you think about LSS requirements? I thought the LSS requirements were good! I know that isn't much help, but I did think they worked, at least for me personally.

What did you think about LSS length? (10 week to Tsunami) Honestly, I could've kept going for several more weeks. LSS really helped to force me to get my creative juices flowing, and it allowed me to be a part of a consistent storybook that kept going and pushing along. It was a fun experience, and I would've loved to keep going. Another fun idea would be to have something similar to the Tsunami early on, and wipe out a certain number of teams with the lower word count, and then continue on regularly before doing another Tsumani after a certain number of weeks.

What improvements would you suggest for a future round of LSS? I think LSS went amazing, but the advertising was a bit confusing, at least in the beginning for me. It was very fun to participate in, and I kind of wish it went longer, or simply went until there was one team left standing. It was great motivation to find time to write every week.

Any other comments? Amazing job! I can't wait until next year!
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:42 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@LZPianoGirl @Corvid @soundofmind @Carina @winterwolf0100 thank you all for your feedback!! Please let me know if I have given you your points or not, as my memory is foggy! I may be reaching out to you all through PM just to pick your thoughts more for a potential LSS Round 2 :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher