z

Young Writers Society

Who's Your favorite Author?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:47 pm
DoormanDan says...

Hello, I'm DoormanDan. I just joined this website a few days ago, and so far, I really love it! Anyways, I felt like starting a discussion with other writers, so here's a question for anybody interested; who's your favorite author? My favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. There's just something about the vivid (and often symbolic) images his writing crafts in my mind, and the Gothic atmosphere he creates with his work is just really charming to me.

Now, it's your turn! All I ask is that you avoid being TOO vulgar, and that you respect everybody's opinions. So, let's begin! :)

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:36 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Billy Collins, as many many people know >>; Not exactly quiet about my love for his work.

I find a lot of his poems are directed to poets so it gives me a really close feel when I'm reading his work. I really appreciate it for that.

16 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:33 pm
DoormanDan says...

@Aley. I think I've heard of him, but I don't think I've read any of his work. That's cool. I can understand why you like him; it's always nice to read something you can relate to, especially if it's written well! :)

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:20 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I know I'm a bit late, but welcome to the site!

One of my most favourite authors is Jessica Day George. Her books are just so easy to read. I love them so much.
100% autistic

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:24 pm
View Likes
DivergentDemigod says...

RICK RIORDAN!!! that guy is just awesome!!! good sence of humor and awesome writing styles not to mention he is the king of myths!
LIVE YOUNG! LIVE FREE!
Don't be someone who searches, finds and runs away.

Spoiler! :
You have to get lost before you find yourself.

16 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:42 pm
DoormanDan says...

@ Holysocks. It's fine, and thanks! That's yet another author I don't think I've heard of . What style does she have?

16 Reviews

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:43 pm
DoormanDan says...

@DivergentDemigod. I've read his books before; he's definitely a good writer! I haven't read much of his new material, but I've read all the Percy Jackson books/

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:19 pm
Zizi16 says...

My favorite author would have to be Langston Hughes.
A lot of Harlem Renaissance authors are my favorite. Other ones would be Zora Neale Hurston
"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you" - Maya Angelou

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:38 pm
Desdemona says...

Émile Zola. The first French author I've met and the father of naturalism, which I also believe in. His books are realistic, deep, and almost painfully scientific at times. I LOVE IT!
Excuse you, I'm your friggin' queen!

Don't take it too hard when you lose to me, I always win.

Spoiler! :
August 1, 2015 - April 21, 2016: BlackCatXx
April 21, 2016 -- Desdemona

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:34 pm
SpectraValentine says...

Mine is Dan Brown. Just no words for his works. His unique way of framing each twists & turns... oh my god... its really awesome. ...kind of feel like watching a suspense thriller movie.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:41 pm
reikann says...

Neil Gaiman! Somehow or another, he pushes all of my buttons. <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 223
Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:23 am
Mathy says...

DoormanDan wrote:Hello, I'm DoormanDan. I just joined this website a few days ago, and so far, I really love it! Anyways, I felt like starting a discussion with other writers, so here's a question for anybody interested; who's your favorite author? My favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. There's just something about the vivid (and often symbolic) images his writing crafts in my mind, and the Gothic atmosphere he creates with his work is just really charming to me.

Now, it's your turn! All I ask is that you avoid being TOO vulgar, and that you respect everybody's opinions. So, let's begin! :)

Kathryn Lasky. Her work is among my favorite. She even let me interview her for my career project this week! Her generative world of owls fighting to protect what the uh know is what I consider above all other stories. (But maybe Warriors)

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk
ZeldaIsSheik

841 Reviews

Reviews: 841
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 pm
View Likes
Radrook says...

Mark Twain for his ability to write both humorously and in full seriousness with equal talent.
“Defamation; is an act of impiety.”
― Kristian Goldmund Aumann, The Seven Deadly Sins

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare