z

Young Writers Society

Poetry Chat (18+)

Reviews: 0
Fri May 12, 2017 11:19 pm
writtenanxiiety says...

His hair was messy but my fingers still easily slid through it as my hand raked over his head moving down his back until my arms wrapped around his waist. I leaned forward putting his forehead to mine letting my lips press against his. My hands roamed under his shirt and across his body while I kissed him like the sky was falling and the world was ending.
At last he returned my touch rubbing my arm affectionately with his hand. A few seconds later I felt a warm liquid trickle down my arm. My eyes follow the red substance pouring from my arm and watch it collect on the floor next to a small dagger. Unable to react right away I sit there not moving. I look up at him his eyes still an expressionless abyss of darkness. I pull away from his grasp and scramble to the bathroom door. I frantically open and close drawers looking for something to stop the bleeding, but it's useless. They're all empty except for a single blue pill on the bottom of the medicine cabinet. I turn on the faucet yet nothing happens. I glance over at the little blue pill it looks similar to pain relievers my parents used to give me when I broke my arm. Using my hand that's not covered in blood I pick it up, stick it on my tongue then close my mouth. I rest both hands on each side of the sink and glance up at my reflection in the mirror only to find I'm no longer alone.
He's too quick, before I can react his arms are around me and I feel a sharp pain in my side then the warmth of my blood spilling over myself and onto the floor as I fall limp in his arms.
As I vaguely remember the pill on my tongue feeling it slide down my throat everything goes black while he tilts my head back kissing my lips.
I awake to the sound of a scream. My eyelids flutter open and immediately I realise that I am unable to move, my wrists have been chained above my head and I'm hanging in a pitch black void of an unsettling silence. I look around no longer able to hear the screaming. I tried to open my mouth and call for help, but it felt like my lips have been sewn shut.
I look down below me, but instantly regret this decision as I see my reflection in a thick black water, quickly I jerk my head back up no longer able to stand looking at my own face seeing what he's done to me.
I feel a hand on my shoulder and I turn but there's nothing there a second later I'm greeted with his presence once again.
A slow smile spreads across his face and my vision starts to blur. I hear the distant sound of laughter and a blood curdling scream.
And then there is nothing.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon May 22, 2017 6:32 am
Aleta says...

?? daf** this isn't poetry

Edited for swearing. -Staff

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Mon May 22, 2017 1:14 pm
Lumi says...

This was an engaging read! But I think you should publish it in the publishing center (link provided) so you can get some sweet reviews and critiques! I'll even give you some points so you can have at it!

If this is a poem, though, I think the main thing I'm missing from it is definitely a theme-takeaway and motif. There's plenty of imagery, but not emotion, so it reads much like a flash fiction short story, ya feel? I can't wait to hear back from you!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners