8%
Pat Buchanan
18%

Total votes : 51

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:43 am
Nate says...

Comments/suggestions are highly welcomed! Let me know what you think, what you would like to see, and what you want changed/back.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:47 am
Firestarter says...

It's fantabulous! Good going... 8)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:51 am
niteowl says...

It's nice, but the different colors don't seem to be working. Purple, Blue, and Red all look the same. Plus I didn't see the View previous/next topic button anywhere. Is it there and I just missed it? I like that button so it's easy to scan through new posts quickly.

Other than that, I like what I've seen so far.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:38 am
Sam says...

It's OK. Just needs some getting used to. :D
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Jan 23, 2005 3:40 am
Perra says...

Yeah, I have to get used to it. I miss the noteboard look. Felt organized... :cry: But this does look good. But the colors wont change! I want to see how purple looks....
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:07 am
Nate says...

Perra wrote:Yeah, I have to get used to it. I miss the noteboard look. Felt organized... :cry: But this does look good. But the colors wont change! I want to see how purple looks....

I found out what the problem was, and now you can switch colors.

I would've kept the noteboard look, but there were a lot of problems that I was having with it, and it didn't work well at all with the new format.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:26 am
bubblewrapped says...

Personally, I love it. Way to go Nate :D!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:07 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I liked the Notebored. I'm sure I'll like this one eventually too, but...
This I did not expect.
At the moment I just feel really disorientated. :s

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:24 pm
Nate says...

niteowl wrote:Plus I didn't see the View previous/next topic button anywhere. Is it there and I just missed it? I like that button so it's easy to scan through new posts quickly.

Other than that, I like what I've seen so far.

Just added it back in. You should see the links for them on the top right and bottom left of each thread (about in the same areas as the "post reply" button).

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:33 pm
Skye says...

I feel really bewildered...there's just so much to take in....I think I need a moment alone.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:23 pm
Morran says...

I never used the notebored to begin with because it was far too confusing.

As for the new layout, it's is nice, but...

It's far easier on the eyes to read light text against a dark background. I really miss that, and particularly on a writing forum, it's almost necessary to reduce eye strain. Would you be able to create a template or style layout for those of us who'd prefer white (or even a light gray) on black instead of black on white?

Other than that, I see no problems with the new layout. It's better than the old one, by far.

425 Reviews

Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:55 pm
Nate says...

Morran wrote:I never used the notebored to begin with because it was far too confusing.

As for the new layout, it's is nice, but...

It's far easier on the eyes to read light text against a dark background. I really miss that, and particularly on a writing forum, it's almost necessary to reduce eye strain. Would you be able to create a template or style layout for those of us who'd prefer white (or even a light gray) on black instead of black on white?

Other than that, I see no problems with the new layout. It's better than the old one, by far.

Based on your suggestion, I went ahead and added a new template that has a grey background rather than a white background. You'll find it listed as "YWS Dark [color]." There's seven or eight different color styles of the new template.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:06 am
Chevy says...

well, i honestly hated the noteboard and used sub black and sub silver...i like this 1 best of all though!
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:33 am
marzipan says...

I said Pat Buchanan because I thought it was funny but really I don't hate the site as much as I hate him. Heck, I don't even hate Pat Buchanan that much. You know what? I'm not even sure who he is. OK! In any case, I really don't care what the site looks like. So long as things are peachy and people are peachy and I don't get too confused. And it looks like a thumbs up. OK!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:11 pm
Zion says...

I love it. It looks very profesional :D Way to go boss! ;) :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing