View Likes
Jonathan says...

I like audio books!
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:03 pm
Cadi says...

Reading on the Android Kindle app is handy, especially for mid-lecture boredom and instant gratification (*click* - aand I have a book), but paperbacks are where it's at for cosy, snuggled-up reading comfort.
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:46 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

E-Books inherit the earth, but leather-backs (Though impossible to get) are the best.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

305 Reviews

Reviews: 305
Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:09 am
speakerskat says...

Hard backs are more durable and feel more oroginal to me. I don't like my e-reader cause there is no e-library and you don't get that old/new book smell and the feel of the weight of the book or texture or the excitement of turning a page or knowing a page is a WHOLE PAGE ( sometimes nooks re-format so you read 2 e-pages for one regular page).

Hard cover followed by paper, I guess leather after that though I'm not really framilier with what that is...I prefer the authors oroginal formatting best =D

~Kat
Salt in the air, blood in my veins, no more black clouds, just colorful days...

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:32 am
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Audiobooks!

Paperback books are great and all, and so are ebooks. Leatherbound books.. Hey, whatever floats you boat.

I guess it depends on the genre, but for me lying with my eyes closed listening to an audiobook feels like actually sitting with the person telling the story. It makes things much more real.

Also, there are books that are boring on paper, but in audio they sound amazing, and I think they get overlooked because they're the kind of books you have to slow down and listen to the voice of the character rather than reading in lines and paragraphs.

Audiobooks are underappreciated (and overpriced >.< )
We were born to be amazing.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm
SocialSuicide107 says...

I put paperback. The feeling of it is just, I don't know, perfect, but as long as I have a book I'm happy.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:38 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Well I put leather bound, but I cannot afford them in the slightest and have never actually bought any myself... but I've read one before and I liked it because I was able to pretend I was posh for a week, which satisfied and amused me greatly

I like hardback books as well, but again, expensive. As a result the majority of my books are paperback and while I do have a kindle, I easily prefer the real thing. The real thing smells nicer.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:22 pm
blue32 says...

I love reading on my kindle it is addicting. Kindles die to often or get lost but hardback just pops out to me.I have always gotten a hardback book for Christmas, so i went with hardback i love them almost more then i love my favorite pet wormy . :smt023 (: (: (:
music can get you through anything
:)

696 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 696
Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:46 pm
Audy says...

With ketchup and a hint of salt.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:41 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I prefer paperback, although some of my favorite books are in hardcover, such as, Kidnapped .
But, most of Erin Hunter's books are in paperback, except for the special edition ones.
Erin Hunter is truly an inspiring author.
After reading some of Warriors The New Prophecy, Dawn, I got the idea to write a story about Foxkit,an orange-brown kitten resembling a fox with a black muzzle and paws, and a white tipped tail.
I encourage you to read some of her books. They are packed with action,mystery,and much more.

~Swiftfur
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:54 pm
Swiftfurthewarrior says...

I also recommend J.R.R. Tolkien. The Hobbit is a fascinating book, but it tells you about The Battle of the Five Armies when the eagles dropped them off.
Hi
Spoiler! :
Yes, I know I need a signature.

An author paints with words, an artist writes with paint.

Reviews: 1
Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:02 am
View Likes
KoriRedbow says...

Most of my books are paperback (cheaper). Hardback reminds me too much of textbooks. But I love leather bound; they feel so elegant and so ancient at the same time. I've always liked old-fashioned things.
"Omnia apud me mathematica fiunt.
With me everything turns into mathematics. "
-Rene Descartes

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:34 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I love paperbacks! I love the way they rest neatly on the shelves and how the most read and loved ones have cracked spines!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:46 pm
View Likes
AlfredSymon says...

I'd rather have them packed with glitters and earthworms, but paperback is a good alternative: easy to bring and easy to use.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:59 am
Infinitron says...

paperbacks have their own unique charm!

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said