What's a writing journal?
17%

Total votes : 288

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 13, 2013 5:20 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Keeping a writing journal can be very helpful. You can jot down random ideas in it, outline characters, write snippets of poetry, or even just catalog your day.

So, do you keep a writing journal? If so, what kind of stuff do you write in it?

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon May 13, 2013 7:16 am
elcuidador says...

I never tried really.. I might start one soon though now that you've got me thinking about it. I hope no one finds it though later on, or padora's box will release its wrath to destroy this world.
Previous Username: Toe

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Mon May 13, 2013 8:07 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

I've tried many, many writing journals and I had almost given up on them because I felt like I couldn't remember to write in them enough. But then everyone decided since I like writing it was the best thing to keep giving me!! So, I always had writing journals, finally this last time that someone gave me one, I decided I would try to use it as often as I could. I try... not too "good" at it though. From my perspective. But it's fun, and I would recommend it! Also, actually I've tried doing it electronically and I think that works well too, it might even be better for some people. :P
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon May 13, 2013 12:11 pm
glovegg says...

I want to keep a writing journal! (I'm one of those up there ^^ that says she didn't)
The Little Storm Writer, GG <3

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon May 13, 2013 1:24 pm
Dutiful says...

I just can't. I've tried so many times, but I'm not regular enough to keep the journal updated. Plus I dont like to talk/write about myself so I can't do it. I've written so many. I've probably lost them or stopped writing in them.
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon May 13, 2013 1:44 pm
View Likes
zephion says...

Nah, don't need one, my head is like a steel......... what was I talking about again?
[Insert memorable saying or term here]

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon May 13, 2013 2:38 pm
Auxiira says...

*scratches head bashfully* what's a writing journal?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon May 13, 2013 4:30 pm
niteowl says...

I have on and off. I seem to be in an "on" period right now. I've written a few song lyrics and some random poetic fragments. In the past I've done more typical "Dear Diary" entries, a dream journal, poems, and even whole stories/novel attempts (yeah...that didn't go so well). I like the feeling of handwriting but it can be messy.

I also love going back to old journals (I think I've filled 3-4 since middle school) and laughing/cringing/being utterly confused ("wait, who's Bobby and why was I writing about him?")
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue May 14, 2013 9:35 pm
View Likes
Swiftfur says...

Well, I keep my journal in my head.
I have horrifying handwriting, and I don't really feel like writing down my thoughts on paper.
Not to mention I have a photographic memory.
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 am
View Likes
FakeCrow says...

I keep five different writing journals, just because I have them in different spots around my house, that way I can always write something down.
"If you were to die without anyone ever remembering you, then does that mean you never existed? If so, that is why I write, to be remembered; to exist.". -me

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 pm
Holysocks says...

I NEVER was able to write in a journal before, because I used to try to write what had happened that day... boring!!! So now I just do everything in it... them, more like. I write down poems, songs, short stories, dreams, weird happenings of the week and anything else I can think of!!!

Needless to say, my sister now calls me a "journal junky".
100% autistic

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed May 15, 2013 7:42 pm
StoneHeart says...

O.o

I didn't know what one was . . . but it turns out I do keep one. (Partly in my head, partly on the computer)
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed May 15, 2013 7:46 pm
StoneHeart says...

I usually just keep my story ideas in it. For some reason I love to go on walks to stimulate my novel ideas . . . and then I remember them, come back, and write them down.

I also like to do my planning in a sort of journal . . .

I also like to keep stats of my progress on books (In the journal) . . .
For example, I keep a close eye on how many words I do every day.

I did 5,573 on Sunday, 1,323 Monday, 1,412 yesterday . . . (Sunday was an all-time high for me).
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed May 15, 2013 8:42 pm
LadyPurple says...

I have a writing journal for all of my novels. The one that has the most is Evening and it is filled with notes about characters and Anorexia. You can guess what that story is about. :p
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Thu May 16, 2013 12:59 am
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

......actually, now that I think about it, I do.

Are we allowed takebacks? :P
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

Excuse me I have never *lied* about a character I just don't tell the truth
— AceassinOfTheMoon