Rent Books at Library
40%
Other
8%

Total votes : 201

Reviews: 1
Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:36 am
Raveshinu says...

Rent. It doesn't suck up money. And you get the book for three weeks. Once your doen with a book that you bought it's just paper....Unless you wish to sell it one ebay....

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:51 am
Ani May Queen says...

Seeing as I'm as broke as...well metephors fail to convey how broke I am, I usually go to the library at least once a week, sometimes more, and check out books in masses, usually somewhere between 10-20 per check out. When I get the chance I love to buy books though. Also, if I want a graphic novel or something of the sort I either have to buy it myself or borrow my friend's, because my library's selection is seriously lacking in such.
Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality. - Jules de Gaultier

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:48 pm
Dynamo says...

I like to buy books instead of borrowing them. I'm kind of a collector.
Chicken <-- Egg <-- Rocket Powered Fist
Take that, science!

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:10 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

The Library is great for finding new book and such, but I love to read books over and over again, and am creating my own library thus I buy them most often.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:46 pm
Binky says...

Bookstore, Waterstones is King. Despise Borders, it's just really dreadful, inappropriate music, annoying staff, too much of a 'warehouse' feel where it's almost incidental that they're selling books as opposed to carpets or something.

Sidenote: FTW = For The Win
~ I swear I didn't bring it home ~

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:42 pm
Searria H. says...

Why buy a book if you may not like it. That's happened to me, so I prefer a library
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

Reviews: 0
Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:52 am
crazy_chick92 says...

I never buy from a bookstore i always borrow from the library.
UNLESS!!! its a new harry potter or i get a gift card from a relative :D [/quote]

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:49 am
Emerson says...

I like going to the library because if I choose a book I end up not enjoying, its not that big of a deal. But if I had bought it, I feel mad about it.

I also have no money or time to get to a Borders :-) (since that is the only place I will shop for books!)

I only by books that I already know I like/will like. I reread them a lot.

Book sales are nice. I went to one in the parking lot of a mall. I bought 8 really worth while books for a total of....$13 I think. it was SO fun being around all those books!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Random avatar

Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:45 am
Phanzanu says...

Other, because we don't have public libraries (but I do go to the school library and borrow, and borrow, and borrow...) and I don't have enough funds for buying books in a bookstore. I only buy books when I really want the book but if I don't have the money, then I do what Areida does--I sit in our bookstore for hours just reading a book that could cost me much if I could have just bought it.

:)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:47 am
Broken Wings says...

I prefer library, because I like to be able to keep the books I have read and enjoyed...so I will be able to enjoy them again without the hassle of getting in the car, and trying to find my library card, ect...
"Admitting that you don't like reading is admitting that you don't have an imagination." -- Broken Wings

Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:08 pm
Persephonie84 says...

:o ~ I do buy books at times and most of the time I borrowed from them from my local libraries. Since I'm an avid read.

If I had alots of my money I'd buy books. But I admit that I hate buying a book that I turn out to :x hate. If there a book that I love alot & borrowed it from the library. I simply return it & go to a book store to buy it. :)

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:09 pm
Adnamarine says...

I don't buy books unless I know I like them or I like the author and it looks good. I prefer going to the bookstore, especially Barnes and Noble, but I don't get to very much so I make up for it by going to the library at least once a week :P If I had the money to spare I would buy every single book I like, but I don't. Too bad. [/i]
Last edited by Adnamarine on Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:02 pm
Swires says...

Bookstore. I like to own a book more than borrowing one.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:19 pm
Via says...

I prefer the bookstore, actually. I like owning my books because when I go to the library I'll find like five or six books and check them all out, but I'll only have a month to read them and I'll get distracted and have to take them back before they are read. Not that you can't check them out again...but usually I'll forget when they were due in the first place too haha. I'm just more likely to read a book if it is under my ownership.

Of course, the library is much cheaper haha.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

571 Reviews

Reviews: 571
Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:27 pm
Esmé says...

I agree with Adnamarine. Nothing more too add, with the exception that polish libraries, (at least the ones at Bydgoszcz, the city I live in), have absolutely nothing of interest. The Fantasy section : 5 HP books (they didn't get around the 6th one) a couple of Andre Norton's, and some of Ursula le Guin's (did I spell her name right?)

And, technically, thats it. Both adult and child libraries. I want to Reeeennnnoooo

A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief