40%
Other
8%

Total votes : 201

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:05 am
serenityinthesky says...

funny thing...I go to the library a heck of a lot more than a bookstore but my dad is an assistant manager of a Barns & Noble!! So he brings me home a lot of books that have been "stripped" or that he has to read. :P

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:26 am
Jennafina says...

I rent audio books from the library, but if a bookstore has a book I like and I can afford it, I'll buy it. It's nice to have my own, personal library of books so I can read one any time I want. Best are used book stores.

Oh. And, my library doesn't carry manga, so I have to buy that too.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:42 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I have my own library so whenever I have some cash I buy, I don't really go to the library much for books that aren't research...
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 pm
Sureal says...

Local library's really not very good (especially when it comes to series - eg. they have like three copies of books 1 and 3, but none of book 2), so I prefer to buy my books (often from Amazon).

Also, I enjoy re-reading books (I've re-read just about every book I own - often more than once), and I can only really do that if I own the book.
I wrote the above just for you.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:13 am
bubblewrapped says...

(Side note: what does ftw mean?)

I chose other because I do both- I get books from the library en masse because otherwise I'd never have enough to read. But if I like a book or an author, I buy. There are some great cheap second-hand book sites online plus there's eBay, amazon and abebooks for the more expensive/hard to find stuff. As you can tell, I dont get out much LOL...but I gotta say, I'm a sucker for new books. Mum has to drag me away from this gorgeous bookstore just beside the library **drools** I buy what I like when I can, usually 2nd-hand but in new condition (unless collectable) but its the library for me on an every-day basis. There's a branch only about 100m from my house ^_^
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:37 pm
Storytale says...

I'm not exactly loaded and I don't like to blow all my money on books. So I like the Library better.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:30 pm
Rei says...

I don't see any problem with re-reading books if you don't own the book. I've read a bunch of books I don't own more than once.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:15 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

i love the smell of new books...
*AstrangedbeaR*

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 am
Swires says...

Bookstore, I like to own a fresh new book and read at my own leisure, plus my town library is terrible and has nothign that I want.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:38 am
Ares says...

I agree with Dan, the setting of a Barnes in Noble makes me feel...good.

And Waffles, 90 seconds eh? That's convenient.

I myself usually go to the library, I have no money for new books, and whenever I go to a book store, I end up wanting to buy 10 different books anyways...

It's nice to go look though.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:29 pm
Shine says...

Buy books from the store cuz I always want the books which I read to be with me forever,and I don't know why I want that...:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:00 am
Crayon says...

Theres nothing better than buying a book. OH and i didnt even know YWS was back up and running, how sad is that?!?!?!? YAY
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:39 am
Myth says...

Other. I usually borrow from libraries and if I love them I go and buy a copy. Other times I just have a 'six sense' and end up buying books that are brilliant.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:29 pm
Forest Jade says...

I prefer to own all my books and feel that proud feeling of seeing a well stocked personal library.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:39 pm
Galatea says...

I like to own my books...I have a tendency to write in them. A lot.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

No matter what happens I'll always know there's a quote of mine in the YWS quote generator.
— looseleaf