40%
Other
8%

Total votes : 201

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:05 am
serenityinthesky says...

funny thing...I go to the library a heck of a lot more than a bookstore but my dad is an assistant manager of a Barns & Noble!! So he brings me home a lot of books that have been "stripped" or that he has to read. :P

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:26 am
Jennafina says...

I rent audio books from the library, but if a bookstore has a book I like and I can afford it, I'll buy it. It's nice to have my own, personal library of books so I can read one any time I want. Best are used book stores.

Oh. And, my library doesn't carry manga, so I have to buy that too.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:42 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

I have my own library so whenever I have some cash I buy, I don't really go to the library much for books that aren't research...
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:25 pm
Sureal says...

Local library's really not very good (especially when it comes to series - eg. they have like three copies of books 1 and 3, but none of book 2), so I prefer to buy my books (often from Amazon).

Also, I enjoy re-reading books (I've re-read just about every book I own - often more than once), and I can only really do that if I own the book.
I wrote the above just for you.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:13 am
bubblewrapped says...

(Side note: what does ftw mean?)

I chose other because I do both- I get books from the library en masse because otherwise I'd never have enough to read. But if I like a book or an author, I buy. There are some great cheap second-hand book sites online plus there's eBay, amazon and abebooks for the more expensive/hard to find stuff. As you can tell, I dont get out much LOL...but I gotta say, I'm a sucker for new books. Mum has to drag me away from this gorgeous bookstore just beside the library **drools** I buy what I like when I can, usually 2nd-hand but in new condition (unless collectable) but its the library for me on an every-day basis. There's a branch only about 100m from my house ^_^
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

Reviews: 1
Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:37 pm
Storytale says...

I'm not exactly loaded and I don't like to blow all my money on books. So I like the Library better.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:30 pm
Rei says...

I don't see any problem with re-reading books if you don't own the book. I've read a bunch of books I don't own more than once.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:15 pm
AstrangedbeaR says...

i love the smell of new books...
*AstrangedbeaR*

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:50 am
Swires says...

Bookstore, I like to own a fresh new book and read at my own leisure, plus my town library is terrible and has nothign that I want.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:38 am
Ares says...

I agree with Dan, the setting of a Barnes in Noble makes me feel...good.

And Waffles, 90 seconds eh? That's convenient.

I myself usually go to the library, I have no money for new books, and whenever I go to a book store, I end up wanting to buy 10 different books anyways...

It's nice to go look though.

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:29 pm
Shine says...

Buy books from the store cuz I always want the books which I read to be with me forever,and I don't know why I want that...:)
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:00 am
Crayon says...

Theres nothing better than buying a book. OH and i didnt even know YWS was back up and running, how sad is that?!?!?!? YAY
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:39 am
Myth says...

Other. I usually borrow from libraries and if I love them I go and buy a copy. Other times I just have a 'six sense' and end up buying books that are brilliant.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:29 pm
Forest Jade says...

I prefer to own all my books and feel that proud feeling of seeing a well stocked personal library.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:39 pm
Galatea says...

I like to own my books...I have a tendency to write in them. A lot.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein