11%

Total votes : 325

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:56 pm
View Likes
Nook says...

I picked Romance. Love rules the world with a gentle fist. :3

I would have picked Fantasy, Sci-fi, horror, historical fiction, really any of those. But nothing rocks my world like romance. XD

Some of my favourite books would be the Fallen series, The Percy Jackson series (Basically anything written by Rickie!) Ooh, Pride and Prejudice as well. XP
I'd pick the Hunger Games too. (I mean, what romance freak wouldn't?)

Not Twilight. Noooo. I'd rather shove a frying pan down my throat than admit to you people that I actually enjoyed Twilight the first time I read it....

O.O I just admitted it. Whatever. What matters now is that due to expecience, I have grown to HATE IT! XD
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

Reviews: 1
Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:09 pm
View Likes
ManyMuchMoosen says...

Only one book? o_o I can't! I won't!
I voted sci-fi, but I have a hard time finding books in that genre. Any ideas?

Anywho, I love the Ender's Game series, and the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series. =D
Writing is no trouble: you just jot down ideas as they occur to you. The jotting is simplicity itself – it is the occurring which is difficult.
~Stephen Leacock

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:05 am
View Likes
Chiridawn says...

Fantasy, high fantasy. I suppose that means Tolkien and George R.R Martin.

(Middle Earth and A Song of Ice and Fire)

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:44 am
stargazer9927 says...

I think I'm one of the few people who can say they don't like fantasy. However, I do like Harry Potter. No one can say they don't like Harry Potter :)

I love realistic fiction. It doesn't have to be boring unless you make it, plus realistic fiction novels are oftentimes very deep. I like deep novels. My favorite books include Holes, Withering Heights, and the Kite Runner.
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

167 Reviews

Reviews: 167
Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 am
confetti says...

I love love love quirky yet meaningful realistic fiction. One of my favourites is definitely 'Please Ignore Vera Dietz by A.S. King'. It's a fantastic read in my opinion :)
"So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads."
— Dr. Seuss

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:55 pm
KaiTheGreater says...

I like stories with animal characters about how the world came to be as it is.
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:06 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I have a lot of favorites.

The big ones right now are:
-John Green (especially Looking for Alaska and The Fault in our Starts).
-If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Foreman.

But Harry Potter has no comparison. Neville Longbottom will always have a large place in my heart.
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 31
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:40 am
Bobbywalker says...

Horror ^^

I really enjoyed the Darren Shan series and the Demonata series (both from Daren Shan)

I am currently waiting to get my hands on book 9 in the demonata series. Read out nr. 8 yesterday :D
"We are all equal, for we are all nothing"

Bobby. You so stupid.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm
View Likes
100xstupid says...

Historical fiction- My vote went with Spartan, by Valerio Massimo Manfredi for bringing ancient Greece alive in my mind at the tender age of nine. That book spurred my obsession with all things historical and was the first book I read which can't be classed as a book for children. Also, as I first read it at such a young age, every time I pick it up again and re-read sections, the significance of certain themes or characters will stand out to different degrees.

There's no better way to gauge your development as a person than to re-read a book you consider an old friend.
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
-Socrates

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:46 pm
gokubrother says...

I would have to say that my favorite Fantasy book (and series) would be A Song of Ice and Fire, presumably book one: "A Game of Thrones."

What I love about this book is that it's the one that draws you in; the one that truly captures you with its witty writing from the scenery to the characters and its generous use of differentiating points of view.

On another note, what I find truly fascinating about this book's composition is the lack of chapters. Yes. A 807 page book (at least in my edition) has no chapters, obligating you to avoid putting the book down from the lack of "checkpoints" we could say.
‎"If you can't build a fire in your house, you can't expect to set the world ablaze."
-Serj Tankian

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:19 am
Stori says...

No one can say they don't like Harry Potter :)

I can.... But then I supposed I would be mobbed by angry fans. Oh well. I still couldn't bring myself to like it.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:09 pm
Cspr says...

Hmm. Favorite fantasy book... Tough one. Hmm. Okay. Got it. Morgana Le Fay by Nancy Springer!
My SPD senses are tingling.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:28 pm
AmourDevorant says...

I chose Suspense/Mystery because it can really be any genre, depending on the story. I don't like "thrillers" with FBI stuff and whatnot... no James Patterson stuff.

I like the Shadow of the Wind series by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and the Hannibal Lecter series. And Sherlock Holmes :D of course.
忍ぶれど色にいでにけりわが恋はものや思ふと人の問ふまで
― 平兼盛

“If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray,
remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.”
― Kvothe, in The Name of the Wind

What were the use of my creation if I were entirely contained here?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:34 pm
SirenCymbaline says...

I can't say, because my favourite kind of book doesn't have a genre, or even a name.

And I have too many special books to have a favourite.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:33 am
gifted1 says...

Well,i kinda like all the genres,except sci-fic and horro novels though,but am not exactly sure what genre my favourite book is--'Redeeming love'by Francine Rivers...i jst can't get enough of that book..... :P :P

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl