Maybe
21%

Total votes : 443

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:36 am
View Likes
Nate says...

After taking the poll, shamelessly plug your novel here with links and a synopsis!

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Shameless advertising? Oh yes.

A dare goes horribly wrong when Liam's friends dive of a cliff. The strange thing is, is that they all resurfaced and they definitely couldn't have drowned. The sea too, was exceptionally calm, so they couldn't have been swept away either.

Liam begins to suspect that there was something else behind this... but what? He doesn't know, but things get more and more strange as the tale unravels. Then there's power-hungry Mustafa who finds the perfect way to solve the problem of the prisoners...

If you like power and chases mixed in with mystery and the heat of the Egyptian desert, then The Diamond Fist is for you.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

Maybe!

I have so many ideas and half-started and half-finished novels kicking around. At some point, I will maybe finish one. ;)

Recent ideas include: "Oxford is in airships!", "epic hero quests from Manchester to London" and "bunch of people are friends, but ON THE INTERNET".
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh yes I do :3
A series, to be precise, so it's Book Two at the moment..
There is a Game. And dreams, and talents, and desires, manipulation and, well, some romantic (and non-romantic) sub-plots along the way.. Call it fantasy, but more of a.. Eh.. Psychological one?
I don't even know.

Cadi! The last one sounds like you're making YWS a novel :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:09 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

Seven. Only one is finished. The rest are being worked on currently.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:27 pm
View Likes
BilbosToes says...

I'm writing a novel!

First chapter is up :) please review as I would love some expert advice!!
Please ignore the fact that the formatting is horrendous, it wouldn't let me edit it :L
Thanks! :)
-Bilbos

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:43 pm
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

I'm writing a trilogy with my friend.
So far, the titles are as following:

1.A World So Perfect
2. A World So Damaged
3. A World So Gone

We haven't posted it anywhere yet though.

w&w

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:13 pm
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

I'm writing tons of novels currently, but most of them I wouldn't show just anyone. However, I started working on one in November that I'm quite fond of, even though I don't even like fantasy. It's about a teenager who finds out he's a witch from the time of the Salem witch trials who was sent to the future to be protected by his mother.

work.php?id=97870
Here's the forward, but as of now I haven't submitted the next two parts of it. Maybe I will, but I need to do more reviewing before I do anymore posting :)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:13 pm
HorriBliss says...

It's an innocent enough tale about a young teenage boy and a young teenage girl.

Kinda like: "Let the right one in" (that vampire film/book).
"If nothing you say when in love is embedded with common sense,
Then do you really regret when you've shredded your promises?"
- "Love ain't", CunningLynguists

Reviews: 0
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:07 am
View Likes
AyameAya says...

I feel so shameful right now you have no idea xD

Anyway, my novel is called 'My Proof of Life':
Young Demetri Takari has a pretty smooth life until he is excepted into the city's alchemist guild at age 16. There he officially meets two people that will change his life, Shasta and Shiki Kuru. The Kuru twins, as they are often refered to as, are the two greatest enemies of Demetri's family because they are the heirs to the Kuru family, a family that has been a huge rival to the Takari family for many generations. As heir to his own family, Demetri must make the decision to either stick around with his friend Shasta or do as she wishes and abandon her. Though, Shasta and Shiki are no average 18 year olds for they are immortal. Gifted by eternal life, the two have different reactions towards themselves. While Shiki plans to do good with this gift, his sister Shasta only seeks more and more bloodshed. As a member of the dreaded elite who only live for the kill, she seeks an end to her life which she deems meaningless. While Shasta strives for bloodshed according to her plans, Demetri does everything he can to make his friend realize that her life is not meaningless. For everyone has their own special proof of life.

School loves to hammer things down on me, so I take a while to submit chapters. But I have 3 already posted if you wanna check them out, here's the folder: profile/AyameAya/portfolio It's one of those books were it's told in first person by three different characters who take turns each chapter xD

....I still feel shameful. I'm gonna crawl back under my rock now ;w;
♫♪Everybody falls
Everybody cries
Everybody feels like a nobody sometimes
You get up again, give it one more try
Everybody's got what it takes on the inside
Story of your life, it's the story of my life♫♪

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 am
View Likes
ikiru says...

Chapter one:
work.php?id=99514
Chapter 2:
work.php?id=99525

It is about a girl who is dumped at Mildred J. Watkins School for the Fine Arts. Jessie's mother had just died and her father is returning to his home country to Spain. It is a realistic fiction novel.

-Iki
--Iki

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:30 am
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

... HEH!

(Where is the "I'm TRYING to" option?)
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:09 pm
View Likes
Shady says...

When all the boys are taken from the land, extracted by the tyrannical king, Anastasia wonders what will happen to her beloved township. She doesn't have long to wonder before the soldiers return and take the girls as well.

She is taken to the castle, and becomes part of the king's harem. The king takes a fancy to her, and her wit is all that saves her from becoming a plaything. When she learns that the king plans to enslave the townships to work in his quarry, she has to think fast and act swiftly.

Read all about it in Enslaved in Lytias.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:11 pm
NoirLumiere says...

I just wrote an answer. Time will tell what the synopsis is!
"We all have perceptions of ourselves that others may find untrue or inaccurate."
-NoirLumiere

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:58 pm
View Likes
Saga97 says...

I'm writing mine in Icelandic and I'm gonna try to get it published next christmas. :3
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

The continuation of our world depends more on the survival of the kindest than it does on the survival of the fittest.
— Arcticus