1%

Total votes : 433

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:28 am
Demeter says...

What the title says!

I think I wrote what I consider my first proper story at about 7, but I was always very interested in coming up with stories.

Tell us yours!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:05 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

I wrote stories when I was quite young like 7 or 8 but I don't think I was consciously into it until I was like 11 because that's when I started writing a 'novel' that was basically a Lord of the Rings rip off ;)
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:03 pm
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

Meh. I wrote my first story the day I joined YWS. I should've start younger. >.> Lol. XD
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:13 pm
Auxiira says...

Well, I wrote stories in primary school, but that was when I was told to ...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:51 pm
View Likes
HorriBliss says...

I still remember my first poem, oh god, I can't believe I'm gonna post this. But I was about 16 when I first became interested in becoming a writer, but I'd always admired literature before that. The following poem comes from a 7 year old me:

"Work work,
working is fun.

Work work,
work till it's done.

Work work,
working is cool.

Work work,
don't be a fool.

Work work,
work in my book;

Work work,
have a good look!"

^ A prodigy, eh
"If nothing you say when in love is embedded with common sense,
Then do you really regret when you've shredded your promises?"
- "Love ain't", CunningLynguists

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:20 pm
View Likes
Cadi says...

I can't remember exactly when I started being interested in writing, but I remember making a little book about The Adventures of [the imaginatively named] Squeaky the Mouse, age 7. (I gave it to my teacher, and then she moved to Newcastle D: No scrapbookable evidence remains.)

But I was definitely way into books before that. Apparently I used to read stories aloud to my friends in Reception (age 4-5 school year)... which sounds way more social than older!me :P
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:26 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

I 'wrote' stuff from 4ish. Took a break from 6/7 to 11. Wrote sort of from 11. And then, just when things were dying, I found YWS!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 pm
beckiw says...

I was actually a terrible reader. When I was young I'd read like half a book and then put it back on the shelf. I'd only really read things like Famous Five or anything Jacqueline Wilson. I only properly started to read when I was 14.
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:22 pm
View Likes
Lycando says...

In my opinion from 0-5 years you don't have much of a clue how to hold a pen, let alone write. Sure, you read some books, most or all of them are picture books consisting of 5-10 simple words per page.

6-9 is probably the age when you get your bearings of the english language and then attempt to compose a few simple lines. There! You're a writer! :P
Insert certain quote here from some terribly famous and renowned great scientist/philosopher/actor who is now dead and so his/her words shall carry on -Lycando

Yes you have a story? Yes you want a review? Yes please click here.

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm
View Likes
abelgaiya says...

I began at the age of 7. I created short comics inscribed on little handmade leaflets created by folding pieces of paper and gluing them together at the edge. They had names like 'Captain Beardy and the Sea Monster' or 'Rockman' (about a man who had the superpower of shooting rocks from his hands).

When I got into high school, I began writing drama and prose fully. The first full story I wrote was titled 'Super Mortals'. Its about 5 people who discover that they each have the ability to control elements - Fire, water, vegetation, soil and rock, and air. The story (which I wrote in a 60 Leaf notebook) was the talk of school at that time and this caused the book to get lost (stolen) in the circulation of readers.
Stretching your thoughts beyond logical purview is called imagination. Stretching your thoughts beyond illogical purview is called insanity. I aim for insanity. - Abel Gaiya

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:59 pm
Soulkana says...

I wrote mostly for school until about 4th grade where I would write fanfics and soon my own "novel" xD I got really into writing when people started asking me for more aka my teachers so I got interested and it just blossomed from there xD
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:18 pm
View Likes
Ary says...

When I was little I didn't write the stories I thought of.I used to act them with my friends. Everyday was a new adventure a new world we would create... (I was mostly always the witch) which she was sometimes a neutral character or the hero or the villain. They would always put me in drawing the characters to life and we would take the clothes and paint them and turn them into something supernatural-like. But when I started growing up I took on the hobbie of writing what I saw in my imagination, you know just for fun. When I entered middle school that is where everything changed...so many bad things happened to me and I got in a serious case of depression. I became more silent to the point were I couldn't even form a word without stuttering and I couldn't show any emotions. It was like I was a prisoner in my own mind. The only thing that helped me was my writing. It was the only way to express my emotions and it helped to get them out. When I finally started getting out of it I developed a love for writing. I started having a pencil and a notebook with me at all times and thanks to that today I'm totally happy and can speak without stuttering but still the only way to express myself is through writing and drawing. Plus I got a very active imagination and if I don't get the images out of my head some way they won't let me concentrate on school. Lol :)
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- John Lennon

Reviews: 3
Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 pm
CarlosFG says...

I wrote James volt at 15, I'm 18 and i just finished this first installment of the science fiction novel. Please check it out :) i promise you're gunna love it. :smt003

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:44 am
LadyPurple says...

I love these polls!!
I wrote my first story-like thingy when I was 8.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:07 am
Aley says...

I wrote my first good poem at 8 according to my mom, but I wasn't interested in writing until I was older. The poem I wrote was for a class assignment about poetry.

Follow your passion. Stay true to yourself. Never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path. By all means, you should follow that.
— Ellen DeGeneres