14%
20+
1%

Total votes : 433

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:18 am
AwesomeSauce says...

I first wrote mine when I was around about seven years of age, and the teacher told us to write something. I beleive mine was about a fish in the sea.

Then, when I turned ten I wrote a story about a girl named Ruby and her dog saving the planet, that got me a B. I gave up writing for a while after that.

However, once I reached year seven, I decided to write fanfiction. I wrote that until I was in year nine, and from there I am writing some random stories! XD

Please go cheak mine out! Thanks!
"We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love." ― Dr. Seuss

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm
Hecate says...

I always had an active imagination even as a little kid. I also loved books, and finished reading my first novel- Pippi Longstocking, when I was 6 or 7. And then I wrote a short story when I was 7. And from then on, I knew I wanted to write.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:15 pm
Omni says...

I remember the first story I wrote in 3rd grade. It was about woman stranded on an island looking for her jewelry and she finds it after she trips over a log.

Ah, my junior days :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 am
stayingstrong says...

Having imagination has always been encouraged In my family plus my mom loved to write so when I saw her doing it I thought, that is so cool! I first started to actually want to write around the age of five maybe six. My first proper story was about me waking up and being tiny but everyone else was normal size, in the end I drank some potion to make grow again!! Also another big inspiration was when I was 8 I found some writing by my dad and it was truly amazing and deep and I thought, wow I want to write like that!! Maybe I will post what he wrote!
Don't lose hope. (You never know what tomorrow will bring)

Reviews: 2
Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:00 am
missbethy123 says...

I literally can't remember the first story I wrote I was so young. Even before I learned to write (which would have been when I was 2 1/2-ish, because if my Mum informs me correctly I could write properly before I started school) I'd make up stories and scribble nonsense down on paper as if I were actually writing them. I do remember the first poem I wrote, when I was about 6 or 7. It was about birds flying- I still have it somewhere. It was atrocious. Not that my poetry has actually improved much since then...

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:53 am
ArcticMonkey says...

I wrote my first poem when I seven for a competition but I was too scared to hand it in D: Then after that I discovered a love for writing poetry and wrote loads :D Then people always asked me 'If you like writing poetry, you'll probably like writing stories' and I did! Eventually more so than poetry... I don't write any poetry nowadays, but I guess the poems I wrote when I was younger were more little rhymes than actual poetry xD
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 pm
RockyShore says...

I wrote my first poem when I was nine, and it had four lines. :)

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:42 am
BenFranks says...

Wrote a picture book when I was 7 (which was terrible) and I have been in love with writing ever since.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:02 am
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

Started writing from 9 onwards. I was this obsessed girl with barbies and lots of other little girly stuff. I even used to write in notebooks with pink until my mom really gave in for it. She threatened that she'll throw all my barbie dolls and everything I've got away. I believed it and eventually, for one last time, I wrote some story/poem (I don't really remember) on barbie and me, how we're best friends and everything. >.< xDD

I might have it somewhere here. Man, those days. God knows how I got over them. My mom told me that I had cried for days and days and that, I also took scissors and cut my hair out because my mom didn't by me a dress which had barbie on it. DD: I was such a major obsessed disaster barbie girl.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Saga97 says...

Age 0-4 years my dad always read books to me, one book name Bróðir minn Ljónsharta (My Brother Lionheart) after Astrid Lindgren blew my mind and made me want to create something so amazing. So I tried writing then, but I was very young so it just became jibberish still I always told stories. I most often just tried to scare my younger cousins... It worked.
Where adventures are made
and hero's are born.
Where villians are slain
and friendships live on.

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:21 pm
Cailey says...

I told stories as soon as I learned to talk, and my mom is convinced I "wrote" a poem when I was 3 or 4, however, I didn't write my first story until second grade, and my first full length novel when I was 13.
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 pm
Raelyn723 says...

I started writing a really god-awful Dr. Seuss rip off when I was about 7 with my best friend at the time. We wrote about a moose who had a huge crush on a goose...and then we made up a bunch of words to make things rhyme. That was the first time I wrote a story...and I guess I got hooked after that :D

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:45 am
crossroads says...

I thought I started around 6 or 7, but I recently found a story I wrote in kindergarten, when I was surely younger.. That makes me happy :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:55 am
Rydia says...

I was interested in reading from the age of two or three. I've always been obsessed with books and for that reason when I was very small I listed writer as one of the three things I would be when I grew up. I made a point of reading all the books my infants school owned so that two other students and I were given permission to borrow from the classes above us instead.

However, my true interest in writing didn't come until i started Junior school so I ticked the 6-9 box. I took a liking to poetry and instead of copying stories my sister had written or writing things for class, I started to actually write because I was interested in it.

If the question had been 'when did you get serious about writing' that would have been harder to answer as I couldn't say if it was when I began to keep portfolios, aged 15, or when I made the decision to drop law in favour of an English and Creative Writing course, aged 19.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:06 am
thestorygirl says...

I had plenty of ideas when I was young. The first ones I wrote were ripoffs when I was probs 4. My first story was about why the trees lost their leaves. I wrote that in church I believe. I think I took a Jesus approach to that story.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short