Other
42%

Total votes : 261

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:01 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Thought this would be a fun question to ask. What was your first story about? :) Try to pick the oldest story you can remember writing.

I'm never quite sure if this is a dream or a story I actually wrote in grade 2, but there was one about a komodo dragon and a chinchilla (my best friend at the time bred chinchillas) that got to be friends by going down a slide and they talked about the komodo dragon's poison venom.

Yeah I've been showing signs of writer's insanity for awhile.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:05 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

The Pilgrim Pig! It was mostly an excuse to draw pigs (I was 6 at the time!) and it was about all the yummy foods that the Pilgrim Pig and his family were eating at Thanksgiving time. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:11 am
View Likes
Hannah says...

I remember my first published book!
It was The Bird
and i drew one of the eggs rotten~
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:27 am
View Likes
DiskElemental says...

I jokingly called it "Stable Time loops, and the Girls who Inhabit Them." Sometime I'll go clean it up and post it.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:41 am
View Likes
Kale says...

Anthropomorphic food and utensils orchestrating a great kitchen escape and giving the house owner a fatal heart attack in the process. They make it out... only to get eaten/destroyed by animals.

And it was fully illustrated in glorious color, to boot.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:01 am
View Likes
JohnLocke1 says...

When I was six, I wrote my version of Jack and the Magic Bean Stalk. My version had robot cows and sassy giants.
"To prejudge other men's notions before we have looked into them is not to show their darkness but to put out our own eyes." - John Locke

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:51 am
StellaThomas says...

blog/StellaThomas/emergencey_bike_spys%C7%83_b-38626.html

Why, it was about Emergencey Bike Spys of course!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:38 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

I accidentally clicked "other" because I thought it was Natalie's Birthday! But Natalie's Birthday is the first story I wrote in English.

My first real story was about a teddy bear called Teddy Bear. It was called "Teddy Bear's Friends". His friends were a squirrel, a deer, a gander, and another teddy bear.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:44 am
TheWorldIsMyLife says...

I wrote my first story when I was 10. Well, I wrote ones school wanted me to write but the first one I wrote by choice was when I was 10. It was really depressing. It was about a girl who's family and boyfriend were murdered and in the end she killed herself. I don't know why I wrote disturbing things like that. I guess it was just a phase....
"We can lick gravity but sometimes the paperwork is overwhelming." ~ Wernher von Braun

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:03 am
View Likes
polinkacreations says...

I remember when I had just learned how to write, I wrote 'real-life' stories about my grandma's two enormous dogs. I pretended they were lions and they ruled our world, but they were my personal protectors. Some were true to life, some went off on some fantasy tangents... :D
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:47 am
GeeLyria says...

I remember it was about rats sneaking into a house to steal cheese... It was wordless, though; I was four.... :| lol
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:57 am
Demoness says...

The Onelegged Ant...

Yep... four years old. Story was about a one-legged ant, and he was very miserble. That's about all I remember about it. :PP
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:08 pm
Firestarter says...

My first story was an adventure involving a jungle and a mountain range. The only scene I can really remember is a guy clambering up a cliff face while answering his mobile phone. There were pictures and coloured text throughout.

It was all done on Creative Writer 2, the greatest writing software of all time. OF ALL TIME.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:05 pm
View Likes
Blues says...

Mine was about an orphan who was kidnapped and taken to the Shetland Islands. oO

(Don't ask)

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:08 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

I was six and it was about a fairy who lost one of her wings.
It has illustrations as well!

I'm not sure I still have it, possibly lost when we shifted years ago from Bangalore.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

I drink tea and forget the world's noises.
— Chinese saying