Pat Buchanan, of course
9%

Total votes : 353

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:48 pm
Meshugenah says...

I blame Nate.

(well, and Elelel and Crysi and a few others, but mostly Nate. For posting in YFW initially, and then taking everyone from there)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:05 pm
Mikko says...

I just had to vote Pat Buchana, I coldn't resist. But honestly, I searched "sites for young writers" on Google and... here I am. c:
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:56 pm
firstflamenow says...

All nine of my older siblings use this site, so I guess that would go under "Friend".

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 pm
ultraviolet says...

I think I read in a book somewhere that writing websites were good ways to get better at writing, so I Googled "website for young writers" and it was the first thing that came up. I guess I got lucky to find such a great place right away. :D
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:27 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

There should be an option for "Nate commented on my story."
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:56 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

When I was twelve and in my last months of seventh grade, I joined an online forum where you could basically talk about whatever was going on in the world, and there was a section where you could post your own stories. It hadn't been doing well at all (no one ever got any comments) and somebody posted a thread about it. One of the comments was "Join YWS. You'll always get reviews." I was intrigued, so I checked out the site. 3 and a half years later, and still hanging on.

All our dreams can come true β€” if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:53 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Through the TYWC chatwall, back in the day! (Eight years ago, in fact. Blimey.)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Reviews: 0
Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 pm
MaddieMonkey13 says...

I was on Google looking for websites to write on other than Fanfiction.net (Which by the way is really cool especially for all those Harry Potter fans out there :) ) So... Here I am :) I really like this website and I want to thank you fellow writers for being here.... LOL I'm going to stop, I'm starting to sound cheesy
MaddieMonkey:)

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:19 am
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

Pat Buchanan is the only applicable answer ever.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:16 am
RomanceWriter says...

I was bored the day of my vocal contest my Sophomore year of high school, was looking for a writers chat room for some help on one of my stories, and I found my dear YWS family. :)
-Romancewriter

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:48 am
emoticon220 says...

I googled "young writers" or something like that looking for a place to compare/post/get ideas for my work...that was 3 years ago this month c:
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:01 am
Emerson says...

YWS was listed as a good site for young writers in the Writers Digest. :-D In their 100 website article they do every year, I believe.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:18 am
LadyPurple says...

I love talking about how I found the best site on the internet! I was looking up tips for young writers and there was a post full of tips (I think it was Snoink's?) and I read it and started clicking around. Then I realized I had to have an account to look at some of the stuff so that's what I did. Yeah.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:50 pm
kerirawrr says...

My friend knew I liked writing and she was already a member so she made me join ;)
"You still don't understand - I'm not stuck in here with you, you're stuck in here with me!" Rorschach, Watchmen
Conforming to Nonconformity since 1996.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:08 pm
ChocoCookie says...

I was chatting with TwistedMuffins and it started when I asked her where she was all that time because she hadn't come online for a long time. Then she told me she was in a heavenly like place sitting her heads off writing.

I asked her where that was and then she told me it was YWS. Then she kept on bugging me to join but I refused because I didn't very much like writing. I used to write when I was bored and all but funny that she didn't know that and still forced me to write. XDD Then she told me to go as a guest and give it a look. And so I did! ^^

After that, I have been sitting my butts off writing. xPP
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers