9%

Total votes : 353

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:32 am
View Likes
Lava says...

It's pretty amazing if teachers recommended it.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:41 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

It was fall of 2004. I had just discovered that I was the Most Amazing Writer in the Universe* and wanted to share my talents with the world. So I searched the depths of the interwebs and discovered...

writing.com. Because this was October 2004, and YWS didn't exist yet. So I hung out there for a while, joined some message board for young people, and one day some other black briefcase named Nate said we should check out his new site for young writers. Thanksgiving weekend, I decided to check it out, and the rest is smiley-spamming history.

*Nope, not at all. Not even close. Although it'd be really cool to have an interplanetary literary contest someday, just to figure out who is...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:04 am
FermentingFruit says...

I heard about it from a friend, not sure where they found out about it though :)
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:55 pm
KaiTheGreater says...

My older siblings used YWS, though I'm not sure how they found it.
So, Nate, how did you find out about Young Writers Society? :p
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:46 pm
Ary says...

I actually found this in 2006 surfing through the internet...I was eight, then. I knew I couldn't register because I was a little kid so I just said "maybe in a few years". I spent every single day thinking about this site and when my age was finally the required one I was going to create an account. But I didn't have access to the web and I was passing through some problems so I put it on hold. When I finally had a way to access the net I started stalling 'cause I felt intimidated by this site. I kept saying "what if I'm not good enough? " or "what if my literary work isn't really good but terrible?"...until, in October, I finally got the courage to create an account and I realized...I should have registered a long time ago. This site is not just great but epically awesome!. Now I feel like my life is complete. :)
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- John Lennon

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 am
GlitterGabbi says...

Well, one day when I was searching how to publish books/etc, I came across this site (which inspired me to write more!!!)
[Insert Signature Here]

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.
— Sigmund Freud