Reviews: 85
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:48 am
pandoraswritings says...

Someone said 1?

214 Reviews

Reviews: 214
Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:59 pm
Prosithion says...

You seem like you put a lot of work into this, but it seems hard to navigate.
"wub wub wub wub. Now Zoidberg is the popular one."

"Computer... Captain's musk"

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:06 pm
Cassandra says...

^Agreed, but maybe we'll get used to it??

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:42 pm
Nate says...

Mesh, the logo is one of them, and there are plenty of grammatical mistakes (not my fault! I swear!). Then there are all the extra smilies that still won't work for some reason.

Reas e'lil wrote:You seem like you put a lot of work into this, but it seems hard to navigate.

Could you explain why it's hard to navigate? For me at least, it's a whole lot easier because of all the buttons at the top.

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:44 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Sedition wrote:Meh. There are some things I still don't like, but you know. I'd say 4, just to be reasonable.

If you tell me what you don't like, I may be able to fix it. But if you don't tell me, it shall forever remain that way regardless ;)

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:55 pm
Rei says...

Yeah, I think it's really easy to navigate this new version.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

161 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:24 pm
Cassandra says...

Mesh, the logo is one of them, and there are plenty of grammatical mistakes (not my fault! I swear!). Then there are all the extra smilies that still won't work for some reason.

I couldn't figure out what you meant about the logo for a while...is it the apostrophe missing from "writers"? Those kinds of things might be kind of important to a writing site. :wink:

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:27 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Sedition (my experimental alt account) just doesn't like the point system.

Neither I or my doppleganger enjoy said system, but I(we) can easily live with it. It does it's job, it's just that I don't do mine.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:34 pm
View Likes
Areida says...

I can't figure out how to make it stretch across my entire screen. Or how to make the font on the site any bigger.

Other than that, I likey.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:48 pm
David Guinness says...

You could lower your screen resolution, I suppose... Though it's not a good long-term solution.
David Guinness

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:50 pm
David Guinness says...

I'd also like it if "Country" were changed back to "Location".

I don't live in a country. :)
David Guinness

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:52 pm
Nate says...

Cassandra wrote:

I couldn't figure out what you meant about the logo for a while...is it the apostrophe missing from "writers"? Those kinds of things might be kind of important to a writing site. :wink:

It's actually grammatically incorrect to have the apostrophe. In this case, Young Writers is plural while society just denotes a group. The Young Writer does not own the group. Similar to how "Veterans Affairs" is always written without the apostrophe; just grammatically incorrect to include it. The logo problem is that it takes you to the community forum index page rather than the home page. It's actually a very easy, ten second fix, but I'm just lazy, lol.

Areida wrote:I can't figure out how to make it stretch across my entire screen. Or how to make the font on the site any bigger.

Other than that, I likey.

The way it's set up, there should be space to the left and right. It actually took some getting used for me, but I kinda like it now. Plus, I can now use that extra white space for background images... say, have witches and pumpkins for Halloween, Christmas Trees and snowflakes for the holidays, etc.

EDIT: Forgot to add... you can't make the font any bigger, but that could be changed. It'd require a little extra work on my part, but I could change it so that each user could choose what font they want and size.

161 Reviews

Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:11 pm
Cassandra says...

Nate wrote:
Cassandra wrote:

It's actually grammatically incorrect to have the apostrophe. In this case, Young Writers is plural while society just denotes a group. The Young Writer does not own the group. Similar to how "Veterans Affairs" is always written without the apostrophe; just grammatically incorrect to include it. The logo problem is that it takes you to the community forum index page rather than the home page. It's actually a very easy, ten second fix, but I'm just lazy, lol.

Gotcha. :D

Hmm. You learn something new every day...

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:54 am
electricbluemonkey says...

If YWS had a dark skin, then it be a 5, but if it had a dark skin AND gave out free money, it'd be a 7 or 8.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:26 am
Areida says...

Nate wrote:The way it's set up, there should be space to the left and right. It actually took some getting used for me, but I kinda like it now. Plus, I can now use that extra white space for background images... say, have witches and pumpkins for Halloween, Christmas Trees and snowflakes for the holidays, etc.

EDIT: Forgot to add... you can't make the font any bigger, but that could be changed. It'd require a little extra work on my part, but I could change it so that each user could choose what font they want and size.

Ohhh... like in the blogs? COOL! Is that option in the profile? Never mind. I'll go look for it and if I can't find it I'll just ask you. If I can put stuff there then that's awesome. I just don't like the blank white space.

If you can make it so we can choose our own font size, that would be great, but don't worry about it if you can't. There's enough stuff going on with the new site that font size is a very small concern.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Stupid risks make life worth living.
— Homer Simpson