11%

Total votes : 802

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:08 pm
View Likes
Paracosm says...

I enjoy writing mystery!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:04 am
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

What do normal stories about things that could actually happen fall under? Like abuse situations and stuff, but it's pure fiction?

Also, what does time travel fall under? :P
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:18 am
View Likes
WhiteTiger93 says...

hmm...fantasy, dark and other.

Mainly I decided upon other as I was unsure of what to label my novel. It's....kind of like a psychological thriller. But I'm odd. :)
Hermione, shut your ungodly, lopsided mouth and quit interrupting! 20 points from Gryffindor. You know, for the brightest witch of your age you can sure be a dumba** sometimes. *smiles* 10 points to Dumbledore!

~A Very Potter Musical - Dumbledore

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:26 am
View Likes
Twit says...

stargazer9927 wrote:What do normal stories about things that could actually happen fall under? Like abuse situations and stuff, but it's pure fiction?

Also, what does time travel fall under?

If stories deal with abuse, then I guess they could be in Dark or Other. And for time travel, it depends on how it's done. ^_^ If it's with a machine, like in Doctor Who or The Time Machine, then I guess it would be sci-fi. If it's done with an incantation or mystical portal or whatever, probably fantasy.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 am
View Likes
Fizz says...

I picked other...partly because I don't know where to begin in classifying the gibberish I write. I guess maybe...surrealist short stories? Can pure nonsense be added as an option?

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:42 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

Dark: Edgar Allan Poe, Tim Burton - these are my biggest inspirations! I love writing stories about the unexpected, the macabre, the disturbing. Anything with death, depressing themes, and perhaps some supernatural/horror elements -- like murderers and evil spirits -- is my favorite kind of story to write. I'm currently working on two different Dark novels, and I've written a few short stories that fall in this genre. I'm also writing a novel that could be considered Dark Romance, perhaps...I'm not sure, but it's sure fun to write. ^_^

Fantasy: Who doesn't love dragons? I do, and I especially love adding in bits of humor and some dark elements to make it a mixture of a dark humorous fantasy. Strange mix, I know.

Action/Adventure: I love zombies as well, and I think this is the best place to put those stories. I currently have two classic-zombie-apocalypse-type novels in the works.
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:30 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

LOL, it said, "you have tried to vote for too many options."
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:27 pm
View Likes
Tigersprite says...

I typically write magical realism, which crosses all the genres above and is sort-of one on its very own. Apart from that...well, I did write fantasy when I was 12, but then I was also a very bad writer back then, and I don't try to write fantasy anymore. :)
"A superman ... is, on account of certain superior qualities inherent in him, exempted from the ordinary laws which govern men. He is not liable for anything he may do."
Nathan Leopold

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 pm
View Likes
emoticon220 says...

Realistic Fiction. arent i boring? XD
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

204 Reviews

Reviews: 204
Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:56 am
View Likes
crescent says...

I once began writing a really creepy elf novel (in the middle of the night when it was cold and eerie), but the darkness of the novel started scaring me, so I eliminated the dark element. Now it's a fantasy novel with murder, but no heart consummation. I write fantasy and romance mainly. Fantasy keeps me entertained better though. General fiction/realism, well, it's just a bit too on the normal side for me.
Please take care to use good grammar when making a post!

"grammer" 1519 matches on YWS *twitches*

Rydia is the ruler of the world. :(

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:59 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Usually fantasy for me, but sometimes historical and sometimes even contemporary fiction that just... doesn't fit into any categories other than "General Fiction" like Two Crescent Moons. I've written some dark stuff too- Circle, my story about demon possession in a boarding school for example. But for me it's usually fluffy and happy fairytales.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:21 am
View Likes
Warrior Princess says...

I love how I selected the three genres with the least votes: science fiction, historical, and action/adventure....
You must be swift as the coursing river,
With all the force of a great typhoon,
With all the strength of a raging fire,
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.

94 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 94
Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:29 am
View Likes
TheEstimableEelz says...

Other. My poems, perhaps my stories too are of an irrational bend that confuses genre because they ignore it.
Formerly 'ilyaeelz.' Others experiment with drugs. I experiment with punctuation and grammar.

"Research your own experiences for the truth, absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own." - Bruce Lee

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:29 am
View Likes
Aet Lindling says...

Dark is mostly what I've taken to as of late (not that I end up submitting anything nowadays >_>), not because I'm on a depressive swing or anything like that, but happiness is far too subjective unless you go all out happy. Darkness is more universal, especially when straying far of things like fantasy, orcs, torture by thumbscrew, but rather exploring the human psyche, general dark moods, and all that cliched delicious stuff.

edit: On a note I forgot to mention, I probably would end up submitting anything nowadays if there was a Dark section. The "Other" section is the closest place for that, nothing else comes close. But it's the second least active prose board there is, and it can only really be called a prose board because that's what most of the submitted content on there is.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:05 am
View Likes
Cyb3rBlade says...

Science Fiction is what I do.

I have posted a historical fiction, but I'm not really gifted at it. I enjoy reading it, but it doesn't make me dream, so I have nothing worth writing, you know? I have not yet posted any Fantasy, but I've written some...

Is it my imagination, or does it seem like most everyone here writes Dark stuff? I guess that's because the bulk of the Fantasy people haven't commented...or because they aren't ranting...ranting...oops, there I go again.
I write for my King.

[Warning! User seldom appears on YWS!]

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham