16%
Occasionally.
23%

Total votes : 515

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:44 am
SerenityCross says...

Yeah my characters talk to me so much it's rather annoying. Oh, hang on a second... *Yelling in distance* Felicity! Don't burn my mum's flowers! Damon, Jason! Stop trying to push Leona into the pool! No Natalia, I don't know where your floaties went! *Groans and runs outside*
Trust is like a mirror, able to be fixed if broken, but you can still see the cracks.

Writing is a form of personal freedom. It frees us from the identity we see in the making all around us. In the end, writers will write not to be outlaw heroes but to save themselves, to survive as individuals.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:59 am
View Likes
YouWishYouHadThis says...

SubjectBlue wrote:actually they do talk, but I own them. :twisted:
and they know that.

LOL
I Can Rock Your World And Live My Life like A Rock star

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:59 am
View Likes
StandStrong says...

I'm known as a recluse and as antisocial because by the time my characters are done talking to me--or past me--or through me--I'm so worn out of listening to people gab that the last thing I want to do is answer the phone.

Usually they talk to me as though I am a person in their story, not as the writer. It's fun if it is the love interest, cozy if it is a friend, and downright terrifying if it's the villain.

And I agree with Snoink! If I put them in the wrong situation, my protagonist will go "What? What? Seriously? Why are you doing that? What're you really trying to say? See, how much better your answer is when you delete that horrible scene and include a couple smaller ones with much more impact?"
Bob: hmm, there's a lesson in all this.
Mr. Eglamore: Okay. Let's hear it.
Bob: Never let sixty angry kids use a herd of laser cows to take over your house.

Gunnerkrigg Court is awesome.
http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/archive_page.php?comicID=632

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:07 pm
View Likes
HollowPointSmile says...

Sometimes it's like they're right there next to me and I have to wave them off because most of them are REALLY talkative.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:23 pm
View Likes
Destiny110 says...

Actually mine just speak to eachother, it's how I determinate the dialogue in my novels
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:12 am
View Likes
noninjaes says...

0y characters don't speak to me (most of the time), they just live their lives during my dreams, there, they show their true selves and inspire me to write about what they do, though sometimes they start banging on the insides of my skull and shouting at me to let them out.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:50 am
View Likes
angelle716 says...

My character talk to me too. I fee like i am inside them at times... So i can control them outside of stories. >:D
The Beloved, The Monster, The lost

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:08 am
View Likes
Alpha says...

People say that I talk to myself, but it's really just my characters talking through me. It's okay if I'm alone in my bedroom but when in at public....
I've got so sick of them that I reminded them that I am the Higher Force (to them). They don't know me, I'm just the author or Alpha to them. Following a YWS-er's advice, I locked them ( :twisted: ) in a white room, just to see what they'll come up with and to get to know them better.
Then I wrote down the conversation that flowed in chat-room format (albeit a grammatically correct one with full spelling) and it made me laugh! Really, at first they were confused, then they started to talk. I put in two characters at a time, occasionally replacing a character and sending down the Grim to brutally murder kindly explain to them that emoticon exchanges aren't allowed. Also swearing.
I'll post it one day here so you see how it went.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:27 pm
View Likes
manisha says...

I am so glad to know I aint alone in this! Always made me think I was insane! not now though. yes they do talk! A lot! sometimes I feel like they try to take over me but well I am their creator here so BACK OFF!. I never ever feel lonely thanks to them... they are constantly there telling me always the right things..well not excatly they put me into a lot of trouble too!
If Novels are a bucket of imagination, Short story is a bucket of imagination made to fit a mug.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:58 am
View Likes
Starhunter says...

My characters talk all the time, not always to me, though. Sometimes they are very uncooperative or smart-alecky, but they can be helpful too. Sometimes though I just sit down and have a real conversation, out of context. Like we're just sitting down to coffee and discussing the other characters and the plot. It's kinda funny... I just type a question to them, and then their answer just pops in my head.

It helps me work through my stories.
Why do we fall?
So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

If you want to view paradise, simply look around and view it. Anything you want to, do it!
Wanna change the world?
There's nothing to it.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 am
xxFleetingEternity says...

My characters talk to me constantly, and it becomes a tad annoying. Also, what is even crazier, is that I often believe that I am one of my characters.
My silence is my sound...
XxXxX
Turn your wounds into your wisdom.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:27 am
itybityclutz says...

Sometimes they do & sometimes they ignore me which is probably why I have such a hard time getting anything down on paper

Random avatar

Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:57 am
cynthiadeca says...

Yes, though mine started it talking recently. Before it was more like seeing bits of a movie, and when they started talking to me I almost thought I was crazy. I recognized it from a couple friends of mine though, whose characters talk to them (and the characters from each other) all the time.

Mine would like to know if anyone knows of a chatroom designed for letting characters talk to each other. She gets bored when neither of my other writing friends are awake to let their characters talk to her.

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 am
JOV97 says...

I'd actually feel odd if my characters "talked" to me. Almost as if it's wrong. Because I'm the one who watches their lives play out - they just don't know that I'm controlling all of it :P
You're my favourite.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:10 am
Azzy says...

Not often but occasionally. Only main characters do.

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy