Occasionally.
23%

Total votes : 515

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:35 pm
View Likes
shadowraiki says...

I am my character. So much so that now I sort of have two personalities and it gets hard to keep myself in check sometimes. I swear, one day I'm going to jump off a building thinking I'll be ok. You can call me a little mental I guess, I do talk to myself. I shudder at the thought of when I begin my second novel.
If words are just letters put together, why do we decide on what they mean?

I step away from the grammar to review the story.

I don't do poetry.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:19 am
View Likes
number32 says...

Never, sometimes I conjure up situations for them but they never TALK to me. I wish they would, though, I am curious as to what they'd say...

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:35 pm
View Likes
Ultimateanon says...

I sometimes pretend to be my characters, and what they do during a certain scene. I'll even speak what they say, in differnt voices. o..o it's funny because I will be laying down on my floor and then my parents would open the door and ask me what I'm doing, and all I say is: "Imagination."

It's fun to write down what you did onto paper, it makes me seem powerful over the action of my characters. I'm sure that one day one of my characters will hate for for doing something to them... c<

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:36 am
View Likes
Mickixoxo says...

Haha, before I even have an idea for a story, the characters develop themselves and then my mind wont leave me alone until the environment matches the characters. And then voila! A plot that my characters created themselves.
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm
View Likes
fluteluvr77 says...

Whenever I'm even thinking about my characters, they just start talking non-stop and it's so irritating sometimes XD
I feel like I'm not even the one writing anymore =P
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am
View Likes
Lindsaroo says...

Mine talk to me, but I don't control them. I just make bad things happen to them. Like my MC will say "Please keep me away from any car wrecks, ok?" And then he walks on with his merry little life, and then I hit him with a Toyota, and then he's mad at me and acts about because of it. So I'm kind of like the goddess Chaos, and they just deal with their lives accordingly. :)
"After it happened I thought that I'd just try to live as normally as possible and bury it, but things like that don't stay buried. I didn't think it would, but it taints your whole life."

"My desires were bestial, obviously." -Jeffery Dahmer.

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:57 pm
View Likes
emmylou1995 says...

I definitely act out my characters dialogue.

I will pretend to be one character in my head and talk like they would to the other ones. Even though sometimes its in my head, I usually do it aloud to myself for hours at a time, then write it all down. My special times are when I am working in my moms basement, in the shower, alone in the house, or at night. My family says i'm crazy because they will hear me whispering to myself, and i will admit, I do feel a little bit crazy. But then again, I am always in the same world my characters are in, so i never really care what anyone else thinks.

I just have fun!!!!
When all you have is nothing, there is alot to go around.

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:19 pm
View Likes
AmeliaCogin says...

My cousins ( three boys, 11, 8, 6) love to play games. From Doctor who ( me being Amy Pond XD) to a pretend escape from an angry tribe of ancient mayans, we just love to play into the characters which we create. Whenever I have a new idea for a story, I just ask if we can 'be' the charcters for the day. It gives me a feel for them; whether or not they are realistic. And, the best part is, we have such great fun doing it!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:02 pm
View Likes
cannoncomplex says...

With characters mostly comprise of females, the complain why there is no balance. Sometimes they usually plot how to replace me being the writer, or just messing around with each other. Whenever I say something, they usually try to react against it even if its true. Oh, and they endlessly complain why they have to do what i want them to do.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:04 pm
View Likes
Amfliflier says...

I'm actually kind of glad my characters don't talk to me. Most of my characters end up dying or being injured or something along the lines of tragedy, so they wouldn't have nice things to say.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:02 pm
View Likes
June3 says...

Well, it's not that they talk to me. It's more like I talk to them. Sorta, in my head I imagine I'm in the same situation they're in. And I ask myself, okay what would they most likely say or do? And it's like they tell me what they would do. If that makes any sense.
There once was a women named Kent,
Whose nose was rather quite bent.
One day I suppose,
She followed her nose,
And nobody knows where she went.
-Unknown

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:08 pm
View Likes
Cotton says...

yeah, I tend to "agree" with the peoples who are saying that they eavesdrop on their characters... at the moment, I'm writing some characters that live in the real world, but like nearly 200 years ago so it's pretty different, so we don't interact with each other per se, but my two main characters chat and I get snippets of how they talk to each other and the things they talk about, their pet names for each other and stuff. So yeah they talk, but not to me. I'm simply the omniscient overseer (mwahahahaha... :P)
Here's a story of a brother by the name of Othello,
He liked white women and he liked - green jello... - Reduced Shakespeare Company

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:26 pm
View Likes
KhardanJakk says...

My characters out-right refuse to shut up. 'Nuff said.
If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
"Can't work today. Still queer."

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:50 am
View Likes
earendil says...

To be completely honest I can't really picture what life would be like for me if I didn't have all of their voices floating around my head. I get so used to them being their to question and correct me when I'm writing or doing whatever... it would just feel really strange to think normally, without the presence of my characters. Sometimes I have conversations with my characters more often than with my actual friends in real life (which isn't really saying much because I rarely go out, but still). It's kind of sad, actually. :P

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe