878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:19 am
View Likes
Demeter says...

Kind of curious...
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:35 am
View Likes
SubjectBlue says...

actually they do talk, but I own them. :twisted:
and they know that.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am
View Likes
Jennya says...

Strange, mine never talk to me. They don't even acknowledge my existence, I can make them talk to each other but they stay put in their own little worlds.
I'm really curious. I wonder what other people's characters do.
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:42 am
View Likes
writerwithacause says...

Well, they don't talk to me... but I don't make them talk either. I mean, I am just staying there, doing nothing, and I hear them talking in my head. It's like their dialogue comes to me, without even bothering. xD

They talk to each other independently of me.
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 am
View Likes
TheButtonWorks says...

My characters talk to me almost all the time, and I find it tough to follow my actual work. [squirms] But yes, I'm known for having an extraordinarily hyperactive imagination, and the voices get loudest when I'm ill.

It was so scary two years ago, when I was hospitalized over some food poisoning problem, and my characters came visiting. One told me about a few adjustments I could make to the story, and wouldn't accept apologies for not being able to write anything down.

They are friends in more ways than one, with more failures than qualities, but isn't that the way we are all? (Sometimes I wonder if I'm hearing characters from my stories, or putting these friends of mine into my stories.)
Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said, "Goodbye!" and you were like "NO WAY." and then I was all, "We pretended we were going to murder you."
That was great.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:09 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Because I can't do things normally...

Basically, I kind of pretend to be my characters. Before you assume the worst, if my character's a midget that casts spells, I don't run about the place on my knees while chanting in Latin or anything. I tend to conjure up situations in my head, then imagine myself as the character. I'll interact with other characters, use the kind of dialogue my character would use (in my head, of course. I don't sit in my room talking to myself in a different kind of voice. Most of the time.), and try to feel the way my character would in the situation in my head.

So yeah. To put it simply, I take the whole talking to my characters thing to another level. I pretend to be them instead.

In my defence, people tend say I'm good with characterisation. Maybe this is why.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:33 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Yeah, I kind of do that too, Skins. But don't be afraid to admit you sit in your room talking in different voices, because that's totally what I do. xD
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:39 pm
View Likes
Justagirl says...

Yeah... One of my characters helped me with homework once. It was entertaining XD
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:43 pm
View Likes
Balaczter says...

Usually it's just them talking to each other. Sometimes they talk directly to me, but only to call me stupid. ; n ;
Such as, I stub my toe on the door. 'NICE JOB DUMBASS. I'M SURE YOUR TOES APPRECIATE THE WAY IN WHICH YOU TREAT THEM. MAYBE IF YOU GOT PROPER SLEEP YOU COULD ACTUALLY CONTROL YOUR OWN BODY. GEEZ.'

Usually I just look at things around me and think how my OCs would react to them. Like, IDK, I look outside at the pond and I imagine one of them falling into it. Or being pushed.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:59 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Demeter wrote:Yeah, I kind of do that too, Skins. But don't be afraid to admit you sit in your room talking in different voices, because that's totally what I do. xD

I no longer feel alone. <3 Or insane.

It's kind of freaky though when I start thinking in Welsh, even though I'm imagining a character who's from England...
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:14 pm
View Likes
livurdestiny says...

Yeah they talk are right non stop I am like I know I created you and all but can you pleas be quiet

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:44 pm
View Likes
ChalkyUknome says...

Yay! I'm so glad there's others like me! :D I also imagine myslef as my characters. Especially in school. They usually come out while I'm taking tests. I'll be taking a hard religion multiple choice test and I'll be stuck between two answers. My charcter would randomly pop into my head and say, "Well, this answer sounds like something Jesus would say. So put that down for an answer!" :D He's sometimes right...

Sometimes, when I'm sitting alone I imagine my character sitting next to me and talking. I get great ideas from doing that. Also, when I'm taking long car rides I imagine him running beside the car and dodging cars and trees. Haha. I know it's weird but it works for me! ^_^
"We are nothing more than the sum of our memories and experiences"
— Michael Scott (The Sorceress)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:53 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

They don't really talk to me directly, but they do talk and it's strange. Mostly, I just eavesdrop in. The only reason why they really talk to me is if I write this situation, and they don't fit well in it, and they're like, "NO. This is what happened instead! See how much more horrible it is?" And it's pretty dramatic.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:22 pm
View Likes
Jelen says...

Well, I talk to my characters, if that counts. Especially when I can't get them to do what I want....
Данијела (Dani)

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:47 pm
View Likes
lele253isme says...

My characters are always running their mouths, or telling me about their lives. Like I'm some big therapist, "or smothing"

I'm against picketing, but I don't know how to show it.
— Mitch Hedberg