Total votes : 498

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:29 pm
View Likes
reaganpark says...

Yeah... I've been working on it for a REALLY long time. I got pretty far into it, but then my computer crashed- I lost like thirty pages. :(

It's about a teenage girl named Sienna, who lives with her aunt. While at the library one day, she is accidentally sucked into a glowing door that takes her across the world. She finds out the she has the power to turn doors into portals, among other things.

There are people who are trying to find her, to use her power against her. She has to stay on the run, avoiding the bad guys but also avoiding the good guys at the same time. (They're both not the best to be around...)

At the same time, she's trying to figure out what happened to her mom, because she won't accept the fact that she's dead.

Crazy stuff! It's going slow but I'm eventually getting closer to the end. I don't know if anyone likes it, but I know I do. :D It's so fun to write!
WE ARE DAUGHTERS of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:00 pm
View Likes
LauraMae says...

Yeah I am. I wish I wasn't though, makes me want to rip my hair out sometimes it's so frustrating.

It's about a man who suffers from depression. He's spent his life running away from friendship, romance and happiness, only to be forced to take control of his wayward life when his friend dies, leaving him to care for his child. The kid is a 'difficult' child, and it's a big task for my MC to take on, but he has no choice. Things get worse with the boy, then he meets a woman who wants to help. Then, a better woman, but she is everything he left behind to bring up his friend's son, so he has to choose between the woman of his and the child's dreams and a stable family life for the boy. Not to mention the first woman, who la la la loves him.

It's going to be fantasy-esque (on 'Earth' but in a fictional 'land' or 'continent') and maybe dark in some places.
If there's nothing, nothing left to lose... What is this feeling, that keeps on bringing me back to you?

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:11 am
View Likes
captain.classy says...

In a different universe, things are falling apart. A dying planet creates an army of 26 'immortal,' miniature beings controlled by machines and sends them off to 26 neighboring planets. One is selected as the most fit to host their advanced technology. A lonely an abandoned boy Jake waits for his calling to leave his small town, when a meteor shoots down into the forest that is his backyard. He searches for it and finds a little slave girl with scattered shining objects surrounding her, objects that look like the metal used to create their weapons. He hides from the scene, a bit afraid. At that moment ten men surround the girl. She jumps up into the air and disappears into the treetops. Jake searches for her. When found, she asks him to help her with her quest.

Thus begins the tale of "Jake and the Immortal," a graphic novel by Samantha Captain.classy.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:15 am
View Likes
purpleandblue22 says...

Yea, I just started my novel (working on Chapter 3). It's about what would happen if about 30 years ago America was taken over by an extreemist religion from the point of view of a 16 year old girl living in 2011. She has been isolated and nieve her entire life. Her family recieved a letter in the mail ordering them to buy a "convict" child. They end up buying her old best friend, and the leader of the rebellion.

It's still in the 'make-it-up-as-I-go-along' stage, but I think it's going well.
"When a resolute young fellow steps up to the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often suprised to find it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers."Ralph Waldo Emerson

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:02 am
View Likes
Jennya says...

Trying to write a novel would be a better answer.
My novel is set in a modern fantasy world ( magic and technology) basically the Humans have become very powerful and some of them want to destroy the elves and other magical creatures so they can expand into and destroy the wilderness. The MC are these two half blood. The guy is torn between both sides but then decided he kill everybody and rule the world ( he is a anti-hero) and the chick starts of hating humans but then comes to want peace.
yes...
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:03 am
View Likes
Shaundeman says...

Yes I am. And If people read this and want to give me feed back on what they think about the idea please do.

Basically the MC is a cop in San Fran who is investigating a series of murders that are very peculiar in nature. He soon discovers that the murders were performed by mythological creatures. Then in a meeting with Zeus he learns of an evil plot by an ex-god named Krillos to try and be reinstated to godhood and destroy Zeus. the MC must stop Krillos from achieving his goals or the whoole world will fall into chaos.

I realize that sounds dramatic at the end, but it's the best way to describe it without too much detail. Please tell me what you think.
peace be the journey

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:16 am
Snoink says...

Shaundeman wrote:Yes I am. And If people read this and want to give me feed back on what they think about the idea please do.

Basically the MC is a cop in San Fran...

My comment is that you never, ever, ever call San Francisco "San Fran." It's either SF or San Francisco.

*tweaks out*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:33 am
View Likes
DakotaK says...

You bet I am! I actually have several started but only one that's going anywhere. It's called Dragonmaster and it's about a young man's journey to preserve Dragonkind and tame his own magic while also trying to rescue a pair of cursed twins... it's too long to really explain.

novel.php?id=1142

Oh and one I just started but haven't had a chance to put in novel format is called Earthheart, it's about a young woman who is condemned as a sacrifice to save her people from an invasion of foreigners.

topic83646.html

~Dakota Knight
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

547 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 547
Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:37 am
View Likes
captain.classy says...

Snoink wrote:
Shaundeman wrote:Yes I am. And If people read this and want to give me feed back on what they think about the idea please do.

Basically the MC is a cop in San Fran...

My comment is that you never, ever, ever call San Francisco "San Fran." It's either SF or San Francisco.

*tweaks out*

Me and Snoink live near there, and trust us. No one uses 'San Fran' other than 50 year old single moms trying to mingle.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:09 am
Destiny110 says...

matthewmazer wrote:What's with Pat Buchanan?

[Real response] Pat Buchanan is ALWAYS and option, I don't know why [/Real response]
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:48 pm
Kagi says...

It's not posted but it's on the way. :)
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 pm
View Likes
Piper says...

Yes! I get to advertise without feeling guilty...awesome!
Alright, so there's this girl and she lives in my own little fantasy world were there is this guy who looks into a childs future and names them accordingly. Her name is Peregrin (which is a welsh name meaning traveler....and a kind of bird). As she grows up, she's reunited with her best friend who was off being an apprentice, though there is no peace in the country, because there is a civil war going on. The queen vs. the king. ('tis based off an old Irish war between Queen Maeve and her husband. I'm not sure if it was real or not.) They southern army is collecting girls for laundresses, cooks, nurses, etc... Peregrin and her family live in the south but support the north, and they send Peregrin to the north to live with her aunt disguised as a boy with her best friend Faren to watch out for her.
Cats are like characters. You may say they're yours, but in reality, they own you. ~Me

You can take away all the arts you want, but soon, the children won't have anything to read or write about. ~Glen Holland

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:25 pm
charcoalspacewolfman says...

Well, to be honest, it doesn't have a future plotline as I don't really plan it out. Also, it is my understanding that human beings are incredibly stupid, so my characters often make very stupid decisions and/or are oblivious to the world around them.
It's a bit rambling. Chapter one is about a guy who arrives in another world from his own inexplicably. He proceeds to get his leg chewed off by a sea monster.
Chapter Two is about the girl that rescued him from the sea monster and her backstory, which involves a plague and an underground bunker.
Chapter three, which hasn't been written yet, is probably going to be about someone else entirely.
Please note it's not very edited yet because I'm too lazy.
HMS Tragedy?! We should-we should have known!!!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Kinda, sorta, when I feel like it, but in reality, not really.

Thus, Pat Buchanan.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)