16%
Pat Buchanan
15%

Total votes : 498

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:33 am
Nate says...

First, answer the poll! Second, feel free to shamelessly plug your novel with links, a synopsis, etc. Use this as an opportunity to figure out how you'd sell your novel to an agent or just to a friend.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:23 am
Lava says...

Nope. Though there are plot bunnies hopping in my head constantly.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:38 am
View Likes
matthewmazer says...

What's with Pat Buchanan?
We've all been sorry. We've all been hurt. How we survive is what makes us who we are.
{20150529)

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:18 am
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

matthewmazer wrote:What's with Pat Buchanan?

[immature response] What's with your face? [\immature response]

[mature response] I don't think anybody really knows... [\mature response]
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:23 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

Why, yes, I am.

I'm only in the first draft stage, but still.

A little girl's diary might be the only thing that is keeping her alive. Condemned to death, she is thought to have committed at least one mass-murder on account of her bad blood. However, two brothers intervene at the last minute. Intrigued by her diary, they investigate the events and people that led to her arrest -- and find out that the truth is much more complicated than they could have ever imagined.

Genre: Fantasy Fiction

Interested? Click here to read the novel.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 am
View Likes
Cotton says...

yeah, kinda... it's only an ickle baby right now, and I haven't posted it on here or anything but I'm really starting to get pulled in :D

if anyone's interested, it's something that came to me in a dream, and the main character doesn't have a name - he's just called "the boy" or "Boy" or something... the reason is because his mother was a black slave (it's set somewhere in the 19th century, in rural, close-community England) and she gave him a name in her language, but the father is very traditional and english-superiority-driven (can you tell we studied "Heat and Dust" and "Where Angels Fear to Tread" for A-level coursework?) and isn't bothered to find out what she called him, or give him an English name. But she left soon after giving birth, so he was brought up by his uncaring father in a closed society where women are considered far beneath men and of significantly less worth. And sons do what their fathers do, and the boy's father is a pig farmer but the boy desperately wants to be a sailor. He's also into education and reading, and stole some books from a fair when he was young (I'm semi-writing these too... they become important later). Yeah and then his father brings a woman to the house when he's about 19, and announces she will be his wife.
It's basically all about traditionalism vs. modernism, sexism (and racism a bit) and the characters all represent ideas etc etc and there's loads of symbolism, like the wife's eyes are really blue, like the sea etc etc.

Lol I just realised how much I rambled... oh well. :D
Here's a story of a brother by the name of Othello,
He liked white women and he liked - green jello... - Reduced Shakespeare Company

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:51 pm
Nate says...

So what's with the sudden epidemic of shyness? Twenty-two people have answered, "Yes, I am writing a novel," but only two have plugged their novel?

Come on, shamelessly plug away!

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:53 pm
SubjectBlue says...

But I don't think you'll understand it, it's in Hebrew...
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

425 Reviews

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:55 pm
Nate says...

SubjectBlue wrote:But I don't think you'll understand it, it's in Hebrew...

While your novel may be in Hebrew, that doesn't mean you still can't tell us about it in English.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:00 pm
SubjectBlue says...

actually, me and my novel are "on a brake"
in the sort term I intend to focus my writing to the things I'll publish on the site.
'I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.' -Stephen G. Tallentyre

"Great minds think alike- idiots are unpredictable"

For Free!
topic86079.html

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:14 pm
View Likes
tinny says...

Yes.

Unfortunately as I only started working on the proper body of it yesterday (I've been dwelling on- and planning it for the past couple of years mind) I currently have nothing to plug. Maybe soon?

It's about a broke ghost who tries to balance finding out why the spirits of people are suddenly leaving their bodies while they're still alive with not being evicted.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:32 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I am indeed writing a novel. :D

It's called Into the Depths, and it's set in 1722, toward the the end of the golden age of piracy in the Caribbean. It follows a young woman named Madeleine Grey. She is seventeen years old and living in Port Royal, Jamaica, with her father, an admiral in the English Royal Navy. Six months before the story proper, her nineteen year old sister, Helena, was married off to Captain George Harris, another important naval figure. However, when pirates are sighted in nearby waters, Harris and Admiral Grey are called to the sea, and Helena returns home. Under the care of their servants, Madeleine and the newly pregnant Helena enjoy innocence for a while, sewing, riding horses, and playing their violins, just like how they used to. Then Madeleine meets Matthew Simmons, the town silversmith, and she falls hopelessly in love. Things begin to unravel quickly after that, and eventually Madeleine tries to escape on a ship to England with Matthew. However, it is seized by pirates; Matthew escapes, Madeleine is captured, and the others are killed. A series of bad luck and chance leads Madeleine as a member of the crew and without a hand. As the weeks go by and Madeleine starts to know the crew members and sees the hardship they live through, her perceptions of the world change. By chance she is reunited with Matthew, and through him she learns the true meaning of love and sacrifice.

Click here if you would like to read the first few chapters, and feel free to write up a review!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:29 pm
View Likes
Sachiko says...

Well, It's kinda sorta about a girl and two brothers who may or may not be actual brothers and a city that's pretty much cursed and so curses them. ...Among other things. Kinda. (I am really awful at summarizing)
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:38 pm
View Likes
TabbyGirl says...

I answered "Pat Buchanan" because I'm not writing a novel, but I've been TRYING to get one going for the last three years... most I've managed is eight chapters on a first draft. I'm not even sure where I'm going with it, and I haven't posted any of it on this site, because it's... weird.... :P

“I am not worried, Harry," said Dumbledore, his voice a little stronger despite the freezing water. "I am with you.”
— Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince