Pat Buchanan
15%

Total votes : 498

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:09 am
View Likes
Areida says...

Right now the two I'm working on are completely self-indulgent.

I started Refuge ages ago to sate my obsession with the Roman Empire. I do research only as it interests me, and write only when I feel like it. It's obviously a very disciplined endeavor. It's about this young Judeo Christian named Keziah who is captured by the Super Dreamy centurion Justus after Titus captured Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Justus's father, an eccentric Roman senator, was given a prophecy that told him his son would marry a Jewess, so when Justus was called to go with Titus' army, he insisted that he bring back a wife. Then lots of other improbable things happen and eventually Keziah runs away and gets captured and sold into slavery but of course Justus saves her because true love rules all and they live happily ever after. yayz.

The other one I'm working on started out as a short story, which I then decided would be a 3-part short story, which morphed into 7 parts, and now it's pretty much a novella.
Crazy Little Thing is about book-loving, relationship-retarded Jo and apparent bad boy Connor. It's basically your typical girl meets boy, girl hates boy, girl takes boy to Civil War reenactment type story. Plenty of private school, hoop-skirted fun to be had by all.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:04 am
View Likes
Napier says...

I am writing a novel, but I felt obliged to click the Pat Buchanan option.
“It is the tale, not he who tells it.”
― Stephen King

“If you don't have time to read, you don't have the time (or the tools) to write. Simple as that.”
― Stephen King

Formerly BadlyDrawnLightning

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 am
View Likes
Demoness says...

I must have like over 200 officeword-document on my dear computer... ´The thing is, I get this great idea of a book and I can sit at my lap for hours typing and typind being all caught up in my idea... BUT THAT'S IT. I seem to be unable to continue on a work I've started because I just get a new idea whenever I am about to continue on an old one. Now, I've finallt forced myself to keep writing on the novel I'm on and have come about 20 pages in. I posted the preface/prologue thing on here just to see if people wanted to know more of if it was totally dull.

So this is the mainplot:
It's about this boy who's been rejected by his mother from birth because of his unusually dark eyes. His mother's got blu eyes, so does his sister and his father but Noah's eyes are completely black. His mother thinks he's cursed and give him the name Scathé (Meaning shadow in irish) whilst his father call him Noah. Noah's never really done anything to confirm his mother's beliefs but then he is out surfing and drags and unconicious girl out of the ocean. She's got a heartbeat but ain't breathing so he do the CPR method but as his lips meet the girls he feels this surge of power at the same time as he feel the life drain out of the girl. After this everything starts spinning out of control and weird things start happening - most of it being very bad stuff and Noah ends up with same conclusion his mother has had all along - He's cursed.

Eeeerr,, I'm just mumbling hope you got some kind of idea of what I'm trying to pin down into words. :)
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:29 pm
View Likes
writerwithacause says...

You can bet I am! It's my biggest project I've ever worked on... novel.php?id=1118
Julie, a sucker for romance, historical fashion, medieval fairs and blues music. Add photography and you already know me 50%. The rest of me you'll discover through my writings and my photos.

my fictionpress
my greatest project, a history-inspired romance

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:28 pm
View Likes
HollowPointSmile says...

I answered Pat Buchanon just because I thought it was funny :P
But, no, I'm not writing a novel at the current time, thank you very much. :)

Alas! Earwax! <3

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:08 pm
View Likes
BrooklynWriter says...

Yes and No. My novel and I aren't on speaking terms at the moment.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:45 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

I am shocked by how few admit that they're actually writing more than ONE novel! Only about eight mentioned it, and its usually the norm for younger (esp.) and unpublished novelists to divert their attention to more than one project. Maybe that's just me. (Shamefully admits to working on three currents, about 20 dormants, and a couple of concept creations.)

So anyway, I won't mention any of them here, as I'll probably never finish them and it would excite false hopes.

Ah, the allusions of grandeur...
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:49 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

On a side note,
Is this the Pat Buchanan everyone on here's been discussing?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Buchanan
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am
View Likes
jaymee says...

I'm writing 3, actually :)
I wrote a novel last year, which I am planning on editing/re-writing, but I need some feedback first.
Plus I have begun the outline for a sequel to that novel, and have also started another, unrelated novel.
I'll post them on here once I've done a little more work :)
"Authors are people who never grow out of having imaginary friends"

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:06 pm
View Likes
Orinette says...

Well, strictly speaking, I'm planning a novel that I'll be writing for National Novel Writing Month this year.

Its a sci-fi/fantasy about a genetic scientist known as the Ebon Witch, and her quest to create a race of super-powerful beings that she calls "angels". The "angels" are her first step towards cleansing the world of the demons that have taken over the unpopulated countrysides of their world. She also wishes to get rid of the Datra, a humanoid species of demon that have been allied with humans for centuries.
A whole bunch of people are unwittingly involved in her plans - a sick girl with magical abilities - a shapeshifting demon with dubious intentions - a bombshell nurse with a demonic boyfriend - a Datra teen guilty of first-degree murder - and a middle-aged mother who just wants her husband back.
Meanwhile, a demonic uprising within the city threatens to take the Ebon Witch down - and leave the remains of humanity in flames in the process.

You can read the first 5 chapters of the rough draft here --->http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=878
(I've scrapped this so it doesn't count as going against NaNoWriMo rules)

You can also read the full (better) synopsis and check out my NaNo page (maybe find out what National Novel Writing Month is, if you don't know) here --->http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/491831
"Children see magic because they look for it."
- Christopher Moore

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:03 am
View Likes
ilovetowrite says...

Yes...
I seem to never finish them though. It's a real shame so I am trying to finish and publish one as soon as I can!

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:05 am
View Likes
Dethl says...

Of course XD I'm doing a lot of research and working in organization and event charts to build the entire series, I might start writing the next week.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:40 am
View Likes
Ranger51 says...

I don't even know who Pat Buchanan is, but I felt pulled to the name......
I am writing two (and one is the sequel to a book I finished that turned out horribly). Although I've completed one book and am writing two, I have officially started about six or seven....
"We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about something real?"
-Fahrenheit 451

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:37 pm
View Likes
WrittenInStone says...

I voted that I am, in fact, writting a novel in the current tense.
It is titled "Freedom within the Flames".

The original title was Freedom by Fire, a translation of "Liberer par le Feu" of my screenplay that I'd had to write in ninth grade. It is about a young female who works as an herbe woman to pay her taxes and buy her supplies to heal and aid the sickly. The entire thing is placed in the early 15th century in Central Europe, when began the witch trials and later on became the Burning Times. This woman is named Evelynn, Evelynn Sander and she happens to be one of the many women accused of witch craft only she is accused by her sibling, Victoria Sander. The two siblings had been through thick and thin, having witnessed the murder of their father to the suicide of their mother the two have been closer than ever until Victoria they finally went their seperate ways. Victoria being a high-end whore to the high-ranking soldiers and nobles, whilst Evelynn remained a simple herbe woman who earned more money than Victoria had seen since earning her father's gold as well as her mother's whilst Evelynn earned nothing more than their home. Evelynn is soon captured by the most renown soldier, Bryce Mellor. This soldier is known for his cruel and lecherous behavior towards women and captives. In the novel, Bryce is the one who earns all the glory at having captured a witch by surprise as well as beguiling the Prince into letting him light the flames at sunset the next day.
The main principal in the novel is sacrifice for the good of others, though it does not state that any should be willing to let free their own lives to the beck and call of others but to use their lives to help others and to aid their loved ones in a time of trial and helplessness. Evelynn must use all her courage and wit to outsmart the guards who hold her captive and then she must save her friends and family from the reign of their King.

Yes, I know this is the longest summary ever -- but I couldn't shorten it. I did try to race through it at the ending a bit, but that's basically the idea I've had in my head for a year now and it won't leave me alone until I finish writting it.
To fly away on gossamer wings, sheer as night's reflective glow, I would could I cradle child hecate to my breast.

|| Wisp. ||

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:53 am
27017296 says...

Yes, I am writing a novel. Kind of. It's only 50 pages long, and I'm already revising it. It's not on here, but when I get more comfortable with the site, I might put it on.
Signatures are so 2011

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat