15%

Total votes : 498

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:18 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

I am going to start a novel.

Its about a young girl in medevil times, that is poor, but... Okay, thats all I got. oh well, sorry for the useless post...
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Pfft, when am I ever not writing a novel?

I'm currently writing one called Stop and Stare The genre is realistic/dramatic fiction. This is definitely one of the most challenging novels I've ever written because it deals with a lot of serious stuff like death, various mental illnesses, crime, suicide e.t.c. It's written in a double POV, so there are two main characters.

Charlie Black was out with his friend, Austin, one night when a brawl led to the unintentional death of Aimee Cardle: a manslaughter that was committed by Austin. Both Charlie and Austin are determined to keep the events of that night a secret, but it's a lot easier said than done. When Charlie meets a girl named Zoey Cardle, things begin to appear a little brighter. What Charlie isn't aware of is the way a recent tragedy has riffled Zoey and the rest of her family: the unexpected death of Zoey's sister, Aimee, and of course, this is the girl that Austin killed.

As revelations begin to unravel, things seem to only get worse for Charlie and Zoey. The secrets and lies build up, and any kind of stability they previously had seems to be decreasing at an alarming rate. How long can the ongoing deceit last before the truth is revealed, and could the aftermath of that truth be more fateful than the lies themselves? The truth does hurt, after all.

For more information, click here.

I enjoy shamelessly plugging.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:24 pm
View Likes
tgirly says...

15-year-old (I think) Bill has been chased since he was seven (I think) and he doesn't know why, or who, or how. Then he meets Charlie, who's also being chased. Together they learn more about themselves and their chasers. It's called Hunted.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:31 pm
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

I am indeed writing a novel!

It's currently titled Honor's Gauntlet, and it's a fantasy set in a world being propelled toward industrialization. An imperial crown prince returns home from an extended vacation, bearing news of strange and terrible events. But in a realm where tradition is life, the news falls on deaf ears, and the prince relaxes back into the familiar dynamics of high society--the dances, the duels, the parties, the intrigue--and the pressing concerns of his own life--his pursuit of a devilishly charming woman and his best friend's pursuit of his younger sister.

But even as the society as a whole ignores the changes in the world, some are determined to find out the truth and act. Swept unwillingly up into their mess is the youngest daughter of a famous shoemaker, whose connection to some of the events and chance connections to some very important people make her both a prime tool and a prime target.

Others still are determined to adapt, stay ahead, and perhaps make a profit in one way or another. Chief among them is the oft-overlooked lord of a tiny hold who has long succeeded at turning disadvantages into advantages. Freshly arrived in the grand imperial city, he must navigate both the surface wiles of the high society court as well as the devious underpinnings if he is to secure a grander future for himself and honor for his family's name.
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:56 pm
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

I'm actually writing four novels right now, but none of them are finished. I also have three novels I started but then never finished because they were my earlier work. I'll talk about the four I'm still currently working on.

First there's my personal favorite, Everything Happens for a Reason: The Song in Your Heart. I haven't posted any of this on YWS because it's very personal to me and it's the one story I would freak out about if anyone said a single thing mean about it. I've showed it to my friends and most of them enjoyed it and my siblings say if I ever get published this will be the one that gets published. But I would have to disagree with them. It's about a boy that has a hard time because his father is famous and he feels like no one knows his name, rather he's so and so's son. He gets a little cocky so his father sends him to live with his poor mother where his attitude completely changes and he meets the girl of his dreams.

Next there's Ice Cold Fire. I've posted four chapters of it on this site and I got a lot of support at first but then it started to go downhill. It's a very old novel that I've rewritten from many years ago that I also like. The characters in this one and Everything Happens for a Reason are very simliar, but they go through completely different things. Austin is a teenage boy that knows he was adopted and only wonders why his real parents give him up. But then when he's taken to the past to meet his birth mother he finds out he's a witch from the Salem witch trials that was brought to the future to be protected. But then he finds out there's an evil witch with plans to wipe out the humans, and with all the other witches have been through they're all starting to follow her. But Austin grew up with humans so he wants to stop this. This is the only novel I'm close to finishing. Problem is I've run out of ideas and I've been writing a lot of other novels lately.

A Better Life is a story I've never shown to anyone. It's not really personal I've just never wanted to show it to anyone. I can't really explain it. It's about an eight year old boy with a really rough life that is abused by his single mother. He then meets his real father who never knew about him because it was supposed to be a one night stand. His father feels really guilty so he adopts him and takes him in, where the boy finds out he had a little sister and a step mother. His life gets a lot better after that and the ending isn't so happy, yet it is at the same time.

And last is Someday. It's about a fifteen year old girl that has a massive crush on this boy but he doesn't feel the same way back. But then one day she wakes up and he's suddenly her husband. She starts switching back and forth between the two time periods, trying to figure out how she ever got him to fall in love with her. This story is on freeze for the moment because I'm not much of a romance writer and I'm kind of on a guy low right now so I have no desire to continue writing it. But hopefully I'll start writing it again soon.

Sorry I never shut up:)
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:22 pm
View Likes
cyancheshire says...

I AM SHAMELESS! =P

Starlight
Genre: Realistic Fiction, Romance, Paranormal
Ian Holbrook doesn't want anything to do with anyone but Grace. Grace Hartley has been his best friend since he can remember. She's the girl next door, she's the friend you think about all the time, she's the friend that you feel protective of. But when things change, nothing will ever be how they used to be. Until Grace is gone.
And what Ian discovers will change his life forever.

Summaries always make stories seem really cliche and boring. -_-
I've got about 20,000 words written for this, and I am quite proud of what I have so far. It's loosely based off a true story, very loosely. An amazing girl I'd met over the net had told me about her best friend who she met when she was little, and it was so freaking depressing and beautiful that I wanted to just cry. I did cry.

So yeah.

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:37 pm
View Likes
tinkembell says...

Yeah, well... hmm. I've wrote a novel.. But that was a massive fail (although I'm hoping to rewrite it, I still love the plot :)). At the moment I'm planning one with a big - at least I like to think so ^^ - twist on werewolves :P
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

1485 Reviews

Reviews: 1485
Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:56 pm
View Likes
IcyFlame says...

*Smiles because she has just finished writing the whole of hers*
And once it has been reviewed, I shall edit :D

229 Reviews

Reviews: 229
Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:21 pm
View Likes
TheTruthLiesWithin says...

Awh yes, I shall shamelessly plug my novel in here... novel.php?id=615

In a short time, Kaylee received everything she ever wanted but it all came crumbling down on that Night. Now, she can't make sense of her life; everything is dark and pointless. Why stay if there's nothing worth living for anymore?

For anyone who might be interested or gotten this far into comments:
I'm currently in the process of rewriting this novel of mine, Golden Wings, because let's just say the first version lacked of depth. The story is basically about a girl who's been mangled beyond repair by this monster of a boy. (You won't know what really happened until later) It's a story about forgiving, and growing. And saving, a whole lot deal of saving from the depths of depression by Matteo, the other main character and POV in this novel.

:) If it sounds interesting, you know where to click!
.- <3 -.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:53 pm
View Likes
theotherone says...

Shameless plug!
viewtopic.php?t=69113

Yes, I am in fact writting one... Isn't it the dream of every writer?

A love story with a hint of fantasy, and the traditional 'teen girl' novel. One good guy, and one bad guy to completely ruin the relationship the MC hopes she will have with a guy she knows better then he does himself... Sounds interresting? Then click the link. ;)

-Other One
Behind every mask, lies a man that can't live in his own skin. - Woe is Me <3
Need a reviewer? I don't bite, I promise. :) ---> viewtopic.php?f=188&t=76466

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm
View Likes
XxMattxX says...

This "Pat Buchanan" stuff is really getting....old...
It's lost it's zing!
*dies inside*

I won't bother advertising mine, 'cause I don't' think I'll continue it on this website, lol. Plus I'm just lazy like that.
My editor hates me!
Solvalery/GeeLyria Fans
Link

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:46 pm
View Likes
misstoria says...

I'm in the process of writing a novel. I'm on chapter 4 but still not sure where i'm heading with it. The story revolves around a young girl who is kidnapped by a cult. Her family was murdered by her kidnappers and she is forced to become part of the kidnappers family. The story is about the young girl who is forced to marry her kidnappers son. it focuses on their romance and what modern day psephologists call Stockholm syndrome.
You are more than the choices that you've made, you are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create, You'v been remade.

http://writemeaway.blogspot.com/

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:07 pm
View Likes
Master_Yoda says...

I'm working on a science fiction apocalypse for teenagers.

It tells the story of a world forty years from now, where cooperation between the world has reached a limbo, and the world is in equilibrium.

Given the restrictions imposed on individual behavior to promote equality, technology has reached a steady ascent, though nothing revolutionary ever occurs.

A bunch of people who want to make names for themselves and contribute enormously to the world take issue, and begin a movement called Separatism, that promotes the breakdown of cooperation for the sake of ensuring individual freedom, even if that might come at the cost of another's rights.

The story is of a seventeen year old boy who is recruited against his will together with a bunch of other teenagers to be a public face for the Separatist party. After a while he develops an element of stockholm syndrome in which he begins to sympathize with the cause of Separitism, but disagrees with the party's methods.

He begins a movement of his own to dislodge the power the Separatist party has by corroding it from within.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:18 pm
View Likes
paperbackheart says...

Hehehe...you bet I am.

It's going under Bloody Money as I write it and basically my project of a lifetime.

It all started in ancient times. A girl was exiled from her village and her whole family killed. So she took the orphans and trained them to kill. However, before she could get revenge, the village was destroyed by pillagers. Feeling empty, she decided to use her weapon on the world and get revenge that way.

Fast forward to now, or a few years ahead of us. There is now a society of assassins, or that mostly consists of assassins. They're part of the Civiargentum. a hidden country along the borders of Europe and Russia. The leader wants this to become an official country, but the UN laughs them out the door. Thus begins the revenge, the final plan coming into action.

Daymion has trained for years to become the best assassin the world has ever seen, but his loyalty is tested when he is forced to train Kioshi Fujiyama, a weak boy who plays a major part in the affairs of the world.

That's all I can really say because otherwise I'd really ruin the book. And if you want to read it, it's under Bloody Money on my page. I'm too lazy to get up a link. And it has HOMOSEXUAL relations in it, so don't freak out about it.

Thank you and have a nice day.
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, and chocolate truffles. -Anonymous.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:52 pm
View Likes
Destiny110 says...

I have two novels, can I advertise both? Okay here's one of them:

Affairs of the Heart:
When Alicia, a 15 year old girl, gets attacked by her father, she decides to take matters into her own hands. Calling the police on him, she is taken into foster care, only to be told that she might have to go back to her parents. When Adriana, her English teacher, found out, she decides to foster Alicia. Things start getting better, but not for long. But when things take a turn for the worst, they are always there for each other. But is Alicia really who she thinks she is? Find out in Affairs of the Heart!

novel.php?id=1437

Yes I know the ending was cheesy, I'm sorry if it made you go "Whaaaaa???" 8D
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour