16%
Pat Buchanan
15%

Total votes : 498

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm
Calligraphy says...

Whenever I try to write a novel I never end up finishing even the first draft. I am taking a break from them for a while.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:55 pm
View Likes
ChocolateMoonLight says...

Yes I'm indeed working on a novel.
I have a plot, it's being written in double POV with two MCs, I'm done till the third chapter and going to post the next chapter in a few days. I have a story in my mind but it's actually proving to be difficult to pen it down. Anyway, here is the synopsis.
title- Mr. Angel
Spoiler! :
The story of a girl who is literally half dead after her elder brother's death. No one ever anticipated it would keep affecting so much, much more everyday. After all, it has been a year.
At this someone decides to take part and finally bring her back to life. And that someone is more powerful than anyone can imagine.
Enters Danny a.k.a Mr.A; the stranger who's been given the task of bringing her back to life.
Will he succeed or will Alia still continue to watch the world in black and white?

I'm shamelessly putting a link so please do check it out ASAP!!!
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/novel.php?id=1404
Spoiler! :
Checkout the different shades of sunset...
topic84708.html

Need a review??? Click here! http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic87443.html#p913699%20URL%20Review%20Bar...

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:28 am
Cailey says...

Yep, I'm writing a novel and I've written a novel and I plan on writing more novels. Although at the moment I haven't been working on my book because I'm having issues with one of my characters. Sadly, even though I am almost finished I still have no title. It's basically about a boy who leaves the city where he was born and goes off to find a city that he had heard about, though he had no idea if it even existed. So, yep, that's my novel. :)
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:33 am
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

little tin fish wrote:It's about a broke ghost who tries to balance finding out why the spirits of people are suddenly leaving their bodies while they're still alive with not being evicted.

I. Must. Read. This.

*ahem*

In the House with Chicken Feet
Hin Langoleer was not born a lucky child. Even putting aside the fact that he was cursed, how else could one explain him landing in indentured servitude to Baba Mayuko?

What follows is a story about a boy with webbed feet, a man who doesn't sleep, a pair of twins who live their years out of order, and a washed-up sword-master struggling together to unravel a rivalry stretching back decades between the most feared witch in a century and the most vicious pirate to ever terrorize the sea.

Pretty much an excuse to use liberal amounts of Rule of Cool and flex my writing muscles in every area I know I'm weak. It's fun. It also has a club!
I am reminded of the babe by you.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:53 am
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Only this one. Dark political fantasy with a heavy focus on character interaction and a lot of black/grey morality. MC is 15-sounds-20 but that's mostly because she's grown up a little bit too fast— and is about to get in way over her head.

Updates can usually be found on my writing page.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:41 am
View Likes
Yuriiko says...

Pat Buchanan is my inspiration. <3
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:02 pm
View Likes
ElementalBlood says...

Haha...A novel? I've got about...17... *has a twitchy fit* 4 of them are a series and are already done ;P well, except editing. I'm having a publishing company look at them (but of course they think I'm still writing them. Tehe.) Another 6 are another series that I'm finishing the last book to and then I'll submit those to be reviewed too ;P The rest are all single volumes that are in progress or have been dropped so I can get others done for a deadline.
I plan on making a career of this, so...I try to write quickly and then spend ages on editing and tweaking and things like that.
Novels are easy to write really. You get hundreds of pages to develop your characters and plot sufficiently. Short stories are the difficult ones...most of those I try to write end up as long as novels...

Anyway...links if anyone wants to read some of the ones on this site >.<

Evil Angel A story about a rogue angel told from the viewpoint of the teenagers he affects.

Demonic Flare Takes the basic idea of being trapped into a video game, only every other player is in the same situation ;P

Tainted A vampire story, and my only one. One about a female dhampir with a very interesting occupation: she's an assassin for the government.

Black Rabbit As a break from my fantasy addiction. This one's about a serial killer named Black Rabbit and a girl's quest to uncover the truth about his victims.

Lost Carnage a historical fiction about a killer who ignites a revolution and the overthrowing of the current monarchy.

Liar Game a fanfic on an obscure series. Essentially, it is a tournament of liars and the pursuit of the grand prize of hundred million dollars in a game that could leave you that far in debt if you lose.

...in the words of my sister, I have "idea diarrhea."
Who's ever name is written in this note shall die.
My allegiance is to L, the world's greatest detective.
But my twisted mind enjoys Kira's exploits.

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:21 pm
Formslipper says...

I've started an ad lib (non outline/freeform) novel titled Endless Fantasy. I'll probably change the title once I've finished it.

My goal is to write five pages of Endless Fantasy per day, and have a good portion of it posted all at once by the end of July. If you wish to sample the first few (barely edited) chapters, then check my portfolio.

Basically, it's about a freed servant named Miska, who embarks on a quest of vengeance. Eventually, however, this quest places him amidst a large predicament taking place in the city-state of Ithni-ashar. Instead of choosing sides between good and evil, Miska will walk the path of "Blitheness", as recommended by his gremlin acquaintance.

The rest is to be determined...

504 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 504
Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 am
View Likes
Kafkaescence says...

My vote goes to Pat Buchanan.

Wait, what was the question?
#TNT

WRFF

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:31 am
Ellen says...

Mine's about a stack of kids at an awful boarding school in Britain in the 1940s. They hate it and all the teachers in it, so they decide they'll take over it, kick all the teachers out and try to run it themselves. Chaos ensues as battles for leadership begin and power goes to certain people's heads... The entire thing is based around the events of the French Revolution (the bit with guillotines, not Napoleon).
If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
- Lemony Snicket

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm
View Likes
Carlito says...

I just finished the first draft of my first novel! I'm working on editing it now.
It's called Purple and it's romantic fiction although the characters are all based on real people and a lot of the events in the book are based on real events.

Cora is a shy, lonely, awkward girl in her senior year of high school. She's never had a boyfriend and this depresses her. She feels left out from her two closest friends because they both have boyfriends and always hang out together. She likes people, but she's so awkward around guys she doesn't know how to make them like her back.
Then she meets Archer. Cora has never liked anyone as much as she likes him and is determined to make things work out this time and be different. Things slowly start to work out. He asks her to ask him to prom, they start talking, he asks her for her number, they get to know each other, and finally, Cora learns that he likes her too.
Their relationship is great, they're in love, they're happy. Everything is perfect. They're going to be together forever. But the happiness and perfection starts to dwindle when Cora has to leave for college because Archer is in high school two hours away.
But they make it work. They're still madly in love. Until tragedy strikes and leaves Cora wondering where to go from here.

:D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:47 pm
View Likes
werewolfgirl says...

I have to ideas and have 1 on paper started and one requires more research wich i have been reluctant to do.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:08 am
spinelli says...

Three ideas, working on two, thinking about that other one and wondering when on Earth that one's going to get around to being written. [That one's just a jerk.]

But I'm gonna pitch those other two because you said to, persuasive YWS entity.

Pitch one:
This is a story about an amusement park.

Pitch two:
This is a story about the adolescent transformation into happiness.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 am
lilymoore says...

Pat Buchanan = Kind of/Sort of, right?

The idea is there, but I really need to sit down and get a draft on the page. Then I think I'll save if for NaNo if college doesn't eat all of my writing time.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:48 am
View Likes
itybityclutz says...

Yes I am but I'm still working on it. I wrote the whole thing out two years ago and decided I didn't like it, so I'm starting over. Maybe soon I will.

We are all broken. That's how the light gets in.
— Ernest Hemingway