Other
3%

Total votes : 504

Reviews: 1
Thu May 05, 2011 6:34 pm
View Likes
writersrock says...

My friend Holly told me about it silly ;D
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"... Writing is basically the same thing, but more fun.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri May 06, 2011 5:03 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

you really should stop putting Pat on here. thats my answer every time ;) I don't remeber how I found it.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Fri May 06, 2011 5:19 pm
View Likes
Yuriiko says...

When I ask Google where I can publish my short stories and poems and... poof! YWS appeared right on the screen.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat May 07, 2011 4:43 am
View Likes
senseiawesome says...

My friend (venividiandvici) heard I had started writing ANOTHER new story, so started giving me a bunch of tips and stuff. Then, she randomly brought up YWS and wanted me to guess who a certain user *cough* Ignis *cough* really was based on a username shown to me, so I ended up making an account here =)
'This could possibly be the best day ever, but the forecast says that tomorrow will likely be a million and six times better.'

Today is Gonna Be a Great Day, Bowling for Soup

Hello there. I am a mass of contradictions

204 Reviews

Reviews: 204
Sat May 07, 2011 5:00 am
View Likes
crescent says...

It was around January last year when overheard two of my friends, Goldenquill and smileybritt36talking about YWS in art class. So I promptly asked them what this "YWS" was. They explained to me and told me I should make an account. I said no. I wanted to read what my friends had written though, so they ransomed me and refused to tell me their usernames. I, using my awesome stalking skills, found their works through the YWS search engine; and reluctantly signed up. Slowly, I became addicted to YWS and all its quirks and fun and there was no turning back. xP
Please take care to use good grammar when making a post!

"grammer" 1519 matches on YWS *twitches*

Rydia is the ruler of the world. :(

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat May 07, 2011 5:03 am
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

Nate. YFW. The end.

(Well, not really. A bunch of old peeps no one really remember anymore but me and Nate and Jack and Sam harassed me until I joined. True story! My first post is lurking somewhere in the riddles thread EBM started when guests were still allowed to post. And before that those said old peeps were part of YFW circa 2004, and Nate spammed over there and the rest is history)
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat May 07, 2011 3:58 pm
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

I heard of it from Nate back at The Young Writers Club! Ahh, memories.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat May 07, 2011 7:40 pm
View Likes
Ryanator96 says...

It was about 3a.m. where I live one night and I was in that mood where you're tired but don't feel like going to sleep, and I remebered how earlier that day my grandma had reccomended for me to join a writer's club at my local library (cause she was impressed by a story I had written), but I didn't feel like it was something I wanted to have to be commited to and go every week, because I have a history of giving up on anything that gets repetitive. So anyway, there I was at 3 in the morning, and I Googled "Young Writers Club". YWS was the first one on the list, and I fell in love, so there was no need to check out any of the other sites that came up, and to this I have not felt compelled to do so.

In all honesty, my visits to this site have grown rather rare, for some reason I can't think of right now, and I wish I went on here more, so I'll try to do so. However, when I do drop in to say hello I have a blast and usually get busy reading and reviewing stories, so it's almost like I'm catching up on what I've missed...

Still love you YWS! <3

>>>Ryan<<<
The future ain't what it used to be.

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Sun May 08, 2011 7:50 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Well, for years I'd been trying to find a decent writing site for youth. I'm sure I wrote every possible word combo from "young writers" to "teen writers" to "writing forum" etcetera. Obviously, it was never the right combination. I usually stumbled on writing.com or something which was frustrating because it's not very good. So when I found this, well, I pretty much squealed my head off. I think I typed in something along the lines of "online teen writing".

I've suggested YWS to a few people, but they didn't get attached like I did. Oh, well. I'm so thankful I found this, but I wish it'd been earlier. Fate, I guess, chooses. I still hate Google a bit for not directing me here the first time I intended to search for a decent writing forum.

<3.14

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 pm
View Likes
Catri says...

Well... I was having a really long PM conversation with a girl on my online Harry Potter RPing site and she was all, you should check this out and I was all, okay but didn't. And then I get bored and decided to check it out xD
You were born an original. Don't die a copy.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sun May 08, 2011 9:13 pm
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

Pat Buchanan.
Just kidding. I found it when I went googling for tips on writing :)
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri May 13, 2011 12:46 pm
View Likes
PenguinAttack says...

Jiggity conned me into joining. What a horrible bloke.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat May 14, 2011 4:18 am
View Likes
BrooklynWriter says...

Last summer, I was sitting on a computer at the library, and I was looking for a writing site for my age group. And badabangbadaboom here I am.

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Sat May 14, 2011 4:32 pm
View Likes
jolene says...

haha well i am on a couple different sites and i found one of these on the ads. so i clicked on it, read what it was about, and fell in love with this website! <3
Love from the girl who wishes she could fly and be a wolf,

J. L. S.

LOOK HERE!

Spoiler! :
If you support LGBT people please come join at this group! viewgroup.php?f=336

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun May 15, 2011 11:16 pm
View Likes
EloquentDragon says...

James Buchanan, the former/now dead president, reccomended it to me. (Actually, that's just an excuse for having no idea who this stupid Pat guy is.)

Anyway....
I was bored and stalling on my current project, so I typed in Google for some writing tips. Came up finally with another young wrter's site, but they never sent a confirmation e-mail. Frustrated, I decided to protest with my membership to another site. I randomly stumbled across this site by backtracking through my internet search and viola!
Now, this is the only writer's site I will ever be a part of.
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings