3%

Total votes : 504

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 am
View Likes
Nutty says...

LostMyMind told me. She's not around anymore, though.
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Mon May 02, 2011 1:16 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

I really do wish Pat Buchanan recommended it to me.

But no, Lava was a teeny 15 year old looking for a place to dump her work, because her parents were condescending of her writing hobby.
But now, she's glad to have found YWS that helped her become awesomer and improved her writing. And helping me sort out my priorities. :)
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 02, 2011 5:07 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

I was told by a friend, but I didn't try looking for myself until I used Google. Curiousity had me by the ears that day.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Mon May 02, 2011 5:26 pm
View Likes
Amfliflier says...

My friend, Funkymomo told me about it. I'm honestly not sure how she found it though, but I'm sure glad she did! xD
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Mon May 02, 2011 7:45 pm
View Likes
fireheartedkaratepup says...

Jash!

I was following.... Summerfield? for some reason on youtube, and they did a cover of her song, If I were a DC Writer. (Now on iTunes!! Check it!!)

I actually didn't like their version, but I decided to see what the original was like. I became obsessed, started going through all her music videos, and saw the tribute she made to her YWS friends.

Once I saw that it was a writing site, I was sold-- I've been on fanfiction, but it doesn't have a good place for poetry and stuff.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Tue May 03, 2011 2:25 pm
View Likes
Vanadis says...

It was all Pat Buchanan.

...but most likely it was Google. Via Pat Buchanan. Somehow, some way.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Tue May 03, 2011 7:30 pm
View Likes
lilymoore says...

I had won a chance to subscribe to one magazine for a year free back in 2008. Well, I subscribed to Writer's Digest and sometime in that year, I received the copy with this list. I don't remember how long it took but eventually, I found YWS through that beautiful list. *sighs*
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

A year ago, I never showed anyone my writing: I was too self-concious about it. But I really wanted to know what people thought of my work. So, I went on google and typed in free online writing websites. Thus, fictionfanatic :)
Live, Love, Laugh

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed May 04, 2011 2:52 am
View Likes
MissRockers says...

I was told by a person. So, now, I love this site so much, I can't help but tell others to join!! I've told a lot, and those who have joined love it.
Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow
Don't walk behind me: I may not lead
Just walk beside me and hold my hand

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed May 04, 2011 5:46 am
View Likes
emoinpink says...

My teacher recommended I join an online writing site, since I was always writing but so shy about letting people see my work. I went home and Googled 'young writers', intending to check out every website that came up. I never clicked further than this one.
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.-Japanese Proverb

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Wed May 04, 2011 2:29 pm
View Likes
Ranger Hawk says...

I was actually part of the Writer's Digest forum, and I think there was some topic about best writing sites, and this came up for teens. I was interested and lurked around the site a bit, but didn't join 'til nearly a year later. I wish I hadn't waited so long, I didn't know what I was missing!
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Wed May 04, 2011 3:10 pm
View Likes
Shortasaurus says...

I remember the day I was told about this lovely site. I was severely addicted to online roleplaying(still kind of am). xD The site I was on was closing down. Dx So, in the final days of this site (which is back from what I hear), while I was running around using a bo staff and my element to stop a rebellion, not single-handedly I might add, in a fantastic kindom and protecting my kid sister (who was adopted by the royal family), someone told me that I should check out YWS. I was right in the middle of a fire fight. Dx I didn't look up this site, after the site died, until I was about to explode with my creativity (I really have that much.) I was happy when I did. It seemed like a freaking dream come true!
"There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased that line."
~Oscar Levant

"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
~ Albert Einstein
(heehee about gravitation :P)

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed May 04, 2011 3:43 pm
View Likes
Qoh16 says...

I don't know honestly, I think I Google'd it. But that was at 13 (I think) I sorta stopped going on it and forgot about it. I wasn't really into writing like I am now. Then one day I just sorta remembered the site and signed up again. Now here I am. And I am so glad I am. XD
~Life has a song for every moment in life. It is just the matter of finding the right one.~

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed May 04, 2011 4:40 pm
View Likes
Alpha says...

I actually first visit YWS from the Meg Cabot Forums. So I should owe my thanks to Meg!
The link directs to "101 Tips To Writers", and I loved it so much (go Nate!)that I went ahead and joined it!
I <3 YWS!

225 Reviews

Reviews: 225
Wed May 04, 2011 8:36 pm
View Likes
Spitfire says...

Borntobeawriter, my sis, told me all about, and after a while suggested I join. So I did :)
Got a story you'd like reviewed?
topic75101.html

Punctuation is the difference between "Let's eat, Grandma" and "Let's eat Grandma".

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau