5%
Other
3%

Total votes : 504

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun May 01, 2011 5:37 am
Nate says...

So... tell us about it then. How'd you discover YWS?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun May 01, 2011 6:24 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

A friend told me about it! She's my neighbor, actually. We were writing this [really awful but fun] story, and she said we could post it on this site for some outside feedback. I said alright, though I didn't have an account. So she had me make one, and I posted it since I had the updated draft! She's Alanna, by the way, though she hasn't been on in ages. She officially moved on to fanfic.net. D:

Anyway, I only stuck around for a few days. A week maybe? Before I disappeared. I had joined in November, but I didn't come back 'til June of the following year. At first, I was discouraged by my terrible writing skills. And then I kinda forgot about this place. Not sure why I suddenly remembered about it. To this day, I remember seeing the old YWS homepage in my head, and wondering, "oh, that place looks cool. where do i remember it from?!" and because Kitty15 was one of my first reviewers, I remembered her awesome review and wanted more of it. Maybe because I started writing a story I was excited about? Also, the sudden disappearance of my guild in Star Wars: Battlefront II may play a role in my sudden interest to try this site again. (Still upset about this. xD *won't rant*) WHO KNOWS! Glad I came back though. :D
I make my own policies.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sun May 01, 2011 8:16 am
View Likes
AquaMarine says...

14 year old me wrote a poem and thought 'THIS IS THE MOST FANTASTIC POEM EVER I HAVE TO SHOW PEOPLE MY AWESOMENESS.' A quick internet search later I found YWS, posted my poem and was bought down to earth. Fast forward a month or two and I'd finally begun to capitalise my 'I's.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 am
View Likes
Nikko says...

Yuriiko recommended that I go here, and I did! We met in Omegle when she told it to me, it was a coincidence for me and her because we both live in the same country. This happened last year, and I can't believe I'm still here! Yuriiko, if you can see this, THANKS YOU. :)
"The means dictates the end" - Denam Morne

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun May 01, 2011 10:17 am
View Likes
Crimsona says...

I was in the process of writing a random wolf novel and wanted to know what other people thought of it. I just went on Google and here I am now! ;D
Avatar (c) to Thalia - A great friend of mine

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun May 01, 2011 1:10 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

I had been trying to find a site like this for a while but there seemed/seems to be no Finnish writing communities whatsoever, so I simply typed "young writers" in Google and YWS was the first result to come up :)
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

350 Reviews

Reviews: 350
Sun May 01, 2011 2:44 pm
View Likes
Jenthura says...

I googled it. :D
Seriously, the 'young' and 'writer' combination is WINS. :lol:
-ж-Ж-ж-

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun May 01, 2011 5:10 pm
View Likes
NinjaCookieMonster says...

After whining to my mom that I didn't have a place to write and grow, she asked around and got a list of websites from someone in my school district. Originally, I was going to join Teen Ink, but somehow I ended up joining YWS instead. I'm glad. It's zomgthebestthingevar.

^.^
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Sun May 01, 2011 6:40 pm
View Likes
GeeLyria says...

I was wondering what was the difference between a plot and a prologue. xD
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

My little sister found it two years ago on google xD. She had been on it for about three days and told me how much fun it was and how she wanted to be an instructor someday and what not. I thought 'well, to heck with it' and signed up. Its been nearly two and a half years since then ^_^

~Walker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

My friend saw a story on here and had me read it. I was about 9 at the time... I didn't like the story; but I remembered the site. When I turned 12 I wanted a place to share my work; and I somehow remembered here!
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 pm
View Likes
KCunder says...

Hey, I discovered YWS by my friend on stardoll. Actually I just joined a writing club and she posted this. THis is awesome! I am going ot start a review soon, I am trying to figure out how to do everything! Thanks YW, when I am able to create stories I will create my story called; The Mysterious Girl it is about 15 pages logn in my notebook right now (on paper) I will work more on it durign the summer since I dont' have much to do. Can't wait! :mrgreen:

~KC Under~ Unique-not weird~
~KC Under~ Unique- not weird ;D

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Sun May 01, 2011 10:32 pm
View Likes
Soulkana says...

I discovered YWS when I was getting tired of no reviews on fictionpress.com and if I did they didn't help me improve so I went on Google to find a better option and this popped up ^^ Am glad I joined haha
May the gentle moon take you into peaceful dreams. May the mighty sun brighten your new days.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon May 02, 2011 2:40 am
View Likes
Glauke says...

Well, see, Pat Buchanan and I were like, best friends at the time, so Patty was all like, "Hey, you should go to www.youngwriterssociety.com. And I was all like, "Thanks, bro. I can dig it. Peace." And Pat was all like, "Groovy." And I was like, "Beyond groovy, man. Psychedelic." And Patty was all like, "Whoa, man. Just whoa."
And I was all like, "Flower Power, bro. Keep the faith." And he was like, "I will, man. I will." So that was how I ended up in this psychedelic whirlpool, dude. Totally groovy.

XD No, not really. I can't even remember how I found YWS. Google is my best guess.

P.S. If anyone sees Pat Buchanan, tell him that he owes me a lava lamp.
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon May 02, 2011 6:47 am
cupcake says...

Three of my friends kept talking about YWS so I Googled it and joined. I'm really glad I did.
God gives us our relatives - thank God we can choose our friends.
- Ethel Watts Mumford

A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.
- Walter Winchell

“I’ll Surprise you, I promise”
-Adam Lambert

If all pulled in one direction, the world would keel over.
— Yiddish proverb