Total votes : 474

Reviews: 4
Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:28 pm
KTWhatley says...

Other-
Mundane, everday, humor, satirical
Michael: Ellen broke up with me.
Christine: What? Why?
Micheal: She thinks she's gonna die this week.[...]I lived a whole life with a woman I didn't even really like. We traveled all over the world together. And Ellen and I never even left the grounds.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:30 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

HAH! Fantasy WINS! YAAAAAAAAAAAY! TAKE THAT INDIANA JONES! TAKE THAT DR WHO! HAH! sorry for all that caps. I was exited.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:55 am
Nyx says...

Romantic stories all the way! How can people not love the happy, sappy endings or the love connections? I can never stop reading them, and don't think i will ever try and stop :D

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:26 pm
Ktg17 says...

I have to agree with JoyceSparrows and Nyx, that Romance is my favorite. Fantasy is right up there too, though!
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:13 am
Shadowhunter14 says...

Fantasy is awesome!!!!!! :D Although i do like adventure/sci-fi/thriller/mystery and supernatural as well...today most authors write books that can be multiple genres all in one.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:28 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Steampunk. Because it's the best genre ever, duh.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 pm
BenFranks says...

Looks like I'm in the tiny 5% that adore thrillers :)

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:40 am
View Likes
stargazer9927 says...

I don't like the normal stuff. I prefer realistic fiction (if that's even what it's called). I like writing and reading about something that could actually happen but isn't very likely to actually happen. That doesn't mean I hate everything else, I just like realistic things better. I guess I'm just boring. But who says a realistic fiction story can't be interesting?
Let's eat mom.
Let's eat, mom.
Good grammar saves lives :D

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:53 am
View Likes
AlexandraBurton says...

I'd say I enjoy sci-fi and action/adventure.

Say Isaac Asimov. There isn't a single way you can go wrong with Asimov. Pity he's dead. He would've loved the twenty-first century. [cries over his grave] :')

Fantasy's okay, I suppose. Too many flying things that disobey the laws of aeronautics and I put down the book. I'm a thoroughly realistic person, and I need the proof, so to say, behind the awesomeness. Sci-fi gives me that.
However, too much talk and I start dozing. Can you blame me? >:o

I absolutely despise romance. I'm not one for mush or fluff, but if it stays away from the first-sight idiocy and stalking, I don't mind so much.
- Alex
"We're all mad here." So said the Cheshire Cat, who seems to have powers of prophecy that extend to parallel worlds.

If you would like a review, please do drop by my wall and scribble something, preferably with a marker - pencils don't show up very well, I'm afraid. :)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 am
Twit says...

I voted for fantasy, but it has to be a very specific kind of fantasy. It has to be more realistic, even though that sounds like a contradiction. I can only take so many half elfs and apostrophes in names and quests and magical artifacts, with the exceptions being the Shannara series and LOTR and The Hobbit. Urban fantasy and historical fantasy are the kind of things I like.

Romance, eeurgh.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:28 pm
Azila says...

I said Fantasy, though I don't like all Fantasy (I'm not so into Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings and I refuse to read Twilight). I'm more into speculative fiction, really, but that wasn't an option. I like reading/writing about worlds that are not our own because I find it really interesting to consider how humans would act in different situations that are not even possible in the world as we know it. It's really a tie between Fantasy and Sci-Fi, though. If I'd known Fantasy would be so popular I would have done Sci-Fi. >.>

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:43 pm
Coleton says...

Lava wrote:Sci-fi for me too! But, I'd like some intellectual content if it's an alien war yadayadayada. There's one part of me that loves learning/understanding the science (*points to Next, Michael Crichton*) and then, it's just a great read.

Next fave would be literary fiction.

Michael Crichton is my Favorite author

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm
EloquentDragon says...

It is certainly interesting that fantasy has taken the cake. I see it as the current cultural fad, even though young people have always seemed to like reading about the impossible.
I didn't choose fantasy though, because the vast majority of those written are either excruciatingly boring, the sixteenth repetition of a best seller (ahem, like Eragon) written poorly, or the worst mix of Asian mysticism and Western romanticism possible. Plus, I have tried to read extensively in the genre since I like it, but it seems like every time I open a book, I have to take my brain out and drag it through scholastic style writing. This is increasingly frustrating for me. The only exceptions for me would be J.R.R. Tolkien, and C.S. Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. (Though I prefer LOTR)
Honestly, there's only so much junk I can take before hurling the book across the room in disgust and horror. (That point usually comes midway into the second paragraph.)
My perspective might change if I could actually find good books out there.

...I'm not even going to start with the romance genre...

Anyway, I choose action/adventure because the genre is so diverse, and crosses into many others. The stories have their stereo-typical problems, but they are often fast to read through, and they can keep you on the edge of your seat. After reading these, I often feel like jumping up and doing something incredibly athletic. (Which turns out to be a failure, heh.)

On a side note, fantasy and action-adventure are the two genres which I most frequently write in.
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:48 am
LauRux says...

I really like historical fiction, but I read everything. Except sports biographies :P
Favorite books:

The Hunger Games

Eyes Like Stars

Life of Pi

Mortal Instruments

Howl's Moving Castle

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:03 am
ForsakenAngel says...

I say fantasy because it allows me to escape to an imaginary world where anything can happen.

(I'm a nerd ^.^)

~Tabitha~
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

It's a pity the dictionary has only one definition of beauty. In my world, there are 7.9 billion types of it- all different and still beautiful.
— anne27