Other
12%

Total votes : 474

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:21 pm
View Likes
ouuchbanana says...

Has to be romance, I find it impossible to get into anything unless it's got a bit of romance in it. I even get bored of life if there's no romance :wink:

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:16 pm
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

I chose sci-fi, but I have a favorite sub-genre of that. Namely, distopian sci-fi. Can't read a book without some form of government corruption/evil government officials.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:19 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

I chose fantasy, but I like it to include a touch of romance and I like sci-fi, again with a romantic sub-plot. I personally have only read two or three books in my life without a single romance, though. Escapism, anyone?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:18 pm
BigBook says...

if you've not read Ender's game, you haven't lived. i also recommend a book called Ready Player One, if you know a lot about the 80's. They are both wonderful books. (Sci-fi all the way!)

530 Reviews

Reviews: 530
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:28 pm
Renard says...

It doesn't really surprise me that fantasy is the winning genre. Think of all the success that was started by Harry Potter. And then the follow on from the supernatural romance stuff like Twilight and The Vampire Diaries. Since then, nothing prominent has come to greatness outside of the fantasy genre. Unless you're counting The Mortal Instruments fans out there??? 8)

Anyway.
I still think Action Adventure is WAY better!
Time to move on from fantasy land. :)
This is the same colour as cheese XD

No longer Bloodink. No longer BloodinkSeesFootage. Now: Renard. ;)

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

@Bloodink,

Action Adventure is an interesting genre, but often it is a subset of genres such as Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Westerns...pretty much any genre can have Action Adventure in it. So don't "throw the baby out with the bathwater".
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

530 Reviews

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:02 pm
Renard says...

@dragonfphoenix

I see your point. But I am interested in the action adventure stories that stay away from other elements and really come into their own. Then they don't rely on other genre props.

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:34 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

@Bloodink

Now I see why they called this a genre battle. Action Adventure is an element, not a genre, from my perspective. Example: Dumas, probably the best-know Action Adventure writer. His stories, though action adventure, are political fiction. The Bronte sisters, gothic. Jules Verne, sci-fi or fantasy, depending on the book. Robert Louis Stevenson, realistic fiction. So for all of these Action Adventure authors, their works also fall under bigger, "better known" genres. Action and adventure are just key ingredients to any good story.
But with that said, I do believe what you mean is that you prefer realistic A/A, which falls under Realistic Fiction.
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

530 Reviews

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:45 pm
Renard says...

Possibly. It depends on the novel I reckon. Anyways... fantasy isn't all that bad. Nor are the other elements. It's all a question of personal preference. :)

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:23 pm
Jonathan says...

Fantasy DUH!
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:23 am
ChieTheWriter says...

Action / Adventure

Sci-Fi

WESTERNS. WHY DID NO ONE VOTE THAT? WHAT IS WRONG WITH HUMANITY????
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

I support the shrek message.
— MiniGem26