None of the above
3%

Total votes : 382

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am
View Likes
Nate says...

So which form do you like writing the most: poetry, short story, novel, or none of the above? Vote, then talk about your vote in the comments!

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:42 am
TheGreatIthy says...

I chose none of the above because I prefer script writing. I guess short story would be a close second though.
Bees: They sting because they love!!

Will review for food!

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:55 am
PenguinAttack says...

Poams! To the point where my whole year is going to be taken up with them this year. Exciting!
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:02 am
Jagged says...

Poetry is faster to write, and usually more cathartic, and tends to be more forgiving when it comes to self-indulgent metaphor/imagery abuse.
Short stories can be more fun to write, though, if you've got a nice setting and fun chars.
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:03 am
ultraviolet says...

Novels, definitely. There's something about developing character and plot that I just can't find when doing anything else. Nothing else is worth countless hours spent doing it. (And no, I've never written a script or anything, so I'm not counting that.)
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:12 am
Evi says...

Short stories. :) Gives me all the fun of characters, style/tone, descriptions, dialogue, and small bursts of plot without me having to follow a storyline through 65,000 words. My attention span is too short for any successful long projects right now.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:54 am
Idraax says...

Dialouge. I'm really good at it.
Check these out please! :)
Alezrani
Will review for food thread

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:33 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

It was close between short stories and novels for me. I really like having a long-term project, but like anything else I do, I need a break. So short stories! I've written both novel(s) and short stories with which I enjoyed the process (and the end result, of course!), so I can't really choose. I voted novel though 'cause I love my characters and have a hard time leaving them behind.
I make my own policies.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 am
Demeter says...

I do like poetry too, but short stories are just so incredibly rewarding for me. After I've finished them, of course.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:32 am
Button says...

I probably like writing novels the most, actually. I love having the option to write however much I want before ending a chapter, and having the opportunity to expand my characters and their development. But, unfortunately, I'm not any good at them. Partly because they're prose, partly because of my serious lack of patience. Ah well. Poetry it is then.

18 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 18
Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:22 pm
TriO says...

I find that, now I've started, I really enjoy writing poems... though I must admit I spent a few minutes trying to locate the Pat Buchanan option...

One thing that I would like to see is some works by Federico Garcia Lorca in the database. That would be sweet.
There will come a time you'll see, with no more tears
and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears.
Get over your hill and see what you find there
with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.
~Mumford and Sons

My name is ElderMimmi.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm
HHemayed says...

I picked novels though I never posted anything but poems.The reason is that I don't have much time to write that much,but I love to. 8)
To be alive is not to breathe, eat or drink. It's your ability to prove your existence.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm
Sins says...

Definitely novels for me.

I just can't write short stories... They end up being about 8000 words anyway, and don't get me started on poetry. I'm a big fan of any kind of development, whether it's character or plot, and I struggle to do that to my satisfaction in short stories. With novels, I can write as much as I want without having to rush anything or feel as though I have to squeeze a load of details into the story.

So yeah, novels it is. Whether I'm any good at them is a different story entirely...
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:40 pm
Destiny110 says...

I prefer novels, you can take your story so much further with a novel short stories have to be limited and poems in my case won't tell my story right, you can't go wrong with novels though!
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:35 am
Rosendorn says...

Can there please be an all of the above option? I enjoy writing everything for different reasons.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling