z

Young Writers Society

What type of music do you listen to most?

What type of music do you listen to most?

Rock / Pop
39%
Punk
7%
Metal
9%
Country
4%
Classical
5%
Jazz
0%
Oldies
4%
Other
25%
Bob's Quartet
3%
Rap
3%

Total votes : 435

Reviews: 3

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:08 pm
View Likes
norm91 says...

I listen to, mostly, rock and indie.

The rock I listen to also includes classic, including AC/DC, Van Halen... & loads more.
My upcoming novel/short story...

"Regrets" (Working title)

A man who keeps one eye on the past may learn from his mistakes, but a man who keeps both eyes directed to the past is blind.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:57 pm
ennui says...

I was surprised there wasn't a category for indie!

I usually listen to bands such as The Unicorns, Bright Eyes, Band of Horses, Andrew Bird, Bloc Party, Shiny Toy Guns, etc. Sometimes I listen to country too, but I don't openly admit that to many. :p

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm
View Likes
Poltergiest says...

Heavy Metal all the way! As I lay dying, Underoath, Three days grace, August Burns Red. Just about anything! Woot!

~Pol
I used to rule the world, see it rise when I gave the word, now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own

-Coldplay, Viva La Viva

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:25 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

I said metal, but I think that is a very bad description of what I listen to. I have such wide tastes, from German death metal [or, Tanz Metal as it might be called] to Russian pop music or French pop music, or American electronic bands, and then some old stuff like The Smiths. Anything that is good and catches my interest.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:51 pm
Leja says...

^ I'm still terrified of the German death metal.

Oh boy. My musical collection is currently undergoing a semi-major genre shift. I'm liking Jazz more and more, and the classic singers like Ella Fitzgerald and Rosemary Clooney, but then I just got a Ramones cd today [yay!]

I even like polka music. No, you're not allowed to laugh [unless you like it too]! I think that right there merits an "other" category choice.

Does anyone else have Puntumayo cd's? They pretty much rock.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 pm
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Me, i listen to everything but country. ICKY! My favorite might be oldies because Bob Seger is my man.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:50 pm
Teague says...

Old-school, hardcore punk all the way. <3

Although my music tastes are quite varied. Punk just has a special place in my heart.

Dead Kennedys FTW! =D
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:54 pm
View Likes
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

German Death Metal is......very disturbing. 0_0
Uck...Ramnestein. It's fine as long as you don't know the lyrics. :shudders:
ohmeohmy

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:33 pm
View Likes
JC says...

Rock. All the way, in any form. lol. As long as the singings good...but it's a very odd mix...

All that remains, avenged sevenfold, Breaking Benjamin, 10 years, Seether, Shinedown, The Fray (odd? naw), Maroon 5, Sick Puppies...and well...a lot of other stuff. haha.

Oh yeah, and barbershop! I love OC Times!

-JC

(And Clau, have you ever heard symphonic death metal? You might like it, tres interesting)
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:40 pm
View Likes
tinny says...

Uck...Ramnestein. It's fine as long as you don't know the lyrics. :shudders:

But that's the most fun part, when you can listen and try and figure out what they're saying... Well it's 'good for practicing my german' *shifty eyes*

Dir en Grey lyrics are even worse, methinks. But they're all sung in really bad english so you can bearly understand XD

I *heart* Metal, J-rock (specificaly visual and Oshare-Kei) and J-electro.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:23 pm
View Likes
thewonderworldofnight says...

Stuff from musicals is my fav. genre (is that a genre?), especially Moulin Rouge, Phantom of the Opera, Carousel, Wicked, Sound of Music, and more which I can't think of right now...

~Deoris
'"Many years ago, when I was young, I saw a fire, and what looked like death-- and beyond that, in the dark places, something...or some One, who knew me. Shall I at last find my way back to that wonderworld of Night?"'

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:05 pm
View Likes
JC says...

Deo- Have you ever seen Mamma Mia?
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:07 pm
View Likes
Leja says...

Phantom of the Opera *claps*
Wicked *claps*
Mamma Mia *claps*

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:23 pm
thewonderworldofnight says...

No, I haven't seen Mamma Mia, but I've heard of it...I'll see it when it comes around where I live!
'"Many years ago, when I was young, I saw a fire, and what looked like death-- and beyond that, in the dark places, something...or some One, who knew me. Shall I at last find my way back to that wonderworld of Night?"'

Sometimes poetry is inspired by the conversation entered into by reading other poems.
— John Barton