z

Young Writers Society

What type of music do you listen to most?

What type of music do you listen to most?

Rock / Pop
39%
Punk
7%
Metal
9%
Country
4%
Classical
5%
Jazz
0%
Oldies
4%
Other
25%
Bob's Quartet
3%
Rap
3%

Total votes : 435

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 pm
Myth says...

All sorts. Classical, Jazz, Techno/Dance, Rock.

I hate Pop and Rap.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:51 pm
Swires says...

I voted Indy which getting really popular in the UK ie. Coldplay/Kaiser Chiefs
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:53 pm
Myth says...

Indie (<-- isn't that the correct spelling?) should be on there.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:48 pm
Snoink says...

Boni_Bee wrote:Classical for me...and then maybe country. I really dislike pop/rock....it is a brain deadener

Brain deadeners are needed when you're doing math homework though! ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:46 pm
Bobo says...

JigSaw, please watch your language. Swearing is not allowed unless it's in your poem, story, etc.

Anyway, I listen to pretty much anything. I suppose you could put punk as my main category, but I don't really specifically listen to it more than other stuff.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:00 pm
Dono says...

I put metal--and by metal, I mean Nu-Metal and Heavy Metal.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:30 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i like britrock and indie the best, but then i also listen to christian rock like Delirious? and world music like Alizee, Nena, and Sasuke.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:37 pm
Sponson Light says...

You included "Bob's Quartet" but didnt include Ska?
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:38 pm
zell says...

pink floyd is great and queen :elephant:

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:40 pm
ladydark says...

COUNTRY RULES ALL x_X....

I know, seems odd coming from someoen whos screen name is Lady Dark isnt it... well ya, country is the best
I can't really listen to anything else, hurts my ears, am v. sensitive, but some country is soft enough for me to handle, though... if I'm not listening to country, its a swing back to the good old oldies! Everyone teases me, but you know what? Too bad! :P Oldies, and country, country and oldies.... best song EVER though? Cotton Eyed Joe!!!!
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:18 pm
Bjorn says...

If my signature doesn't say it all-Metal! And Manowar's 'The Gods Made Heavy Metal' puts it perfectly-"When losers say its over with, you know that it's a lie. The gods made heavy metal, and its never gonna die!...Fight tonight for Metal one and all!". Dragonland, a new power metal band from England (ok, so like 7 years...), are amazing: with a combination of power and ruthless speed, I cant help but thrash around. My favourite metal band is, however, a power/epic/fantasy/progressive metal band from Germany-Blind Guardian.
Apart from metal, I enjoy Croatian music (Thompson/Marko Perkovic being my favourite group/singer) and in fact I've taken to listening Croatian metal recently.... Japanese pop, National Anthems (I'm a nut, an acorn in fact), and Classical (Vivaldi being my favourite classical composer). ^_^
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:21 pm
Nutter says...

I put Rock/Pop, because I couldn't put anything like Heavy Rock. But stuff like Thunder, The Calling, Goo GOo Dolls, Pete Murray, John Butler Trio, and Red Hot Chili Peppers all rule!

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:22 pm
Sophie says...

Sorry, I voted for other because the Rock / Pop bit offended me (always does in record shops too). Surely punk and metal are forms of rock? Pop isn't. There is of course pop-rock, but you didnt give a choice for any other types of rock.

I wouldn't be able to choose anyway, I like different genres.
Favourites include: eccentric "Britpop" rock, inide rock, nineties grunge, old skool hip hop, emo, and blues.
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:34 pm
thegirlwhofateloves says...

You're asking me to choose?! I can't choose!
I listen to a bit of everything: rock, britpop, soul, blues, jazz, music from musicals, hip hop, emo - yes even regular pop (note: I'm not talking the Cheeky Girls here, I'm talking Kelly Clarkson, or the Sugababes, Madonna, or even Will Young)....lol - please just let me say a little bit of mindless crap - ie: pop - is good for the soul! But I love Nirvana, The Dandy Warhols, The Verve, Guns and Roses, AC/DC, Aerosmith, The Undertones, The Gorrilaz, Joss Stone, The Killers, Greenday, Muse, The Foo's, Red Hot Chillis....I could go on for bloomin' hours...but I won't... :wink:
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:55 pm
Sophie says...

Tehe, the two butterflies in a row...
Oh the trees!
Take me back to London please!!!

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore