Total votes : 250

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:58 am
Duskglimmer says...

Call me weird, but I'm just not sure.

I would say no, because I don't buy into all that superstitous, ghost walking about haunted houses, chains clanking, the dead moaning kind of mumbo-jumbo, but I do believe that spirits exist. I'm just not sure that I would call them "ghosts". And I'm not sure that we could really see/hear them.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:11 am
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

Are ghosts real?

Not the ghosts you're talking about. :wink:

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:45 am
View Likes
Boni_Bee says...

'Ghosts' are not real. There are evil spirits, and angels, but not ghosts.

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:56 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

Well I'm smack-diddly-dab (oh God, channeling Flanders) in the mid-diddly-iddle camp, folks. Neither here nor there...as usual. My mum's had some pretty weird experiences with ghosts and I [looks proud] actually saw one once...sort of...in a graveyard. Weird experience. We were walking the dogs and I thought my dad walked behind me - saw someone outta the corner of my eye, just go past, you know how you do? - but when I turned around nobody was there and he was about 100m away. So yeah. I dont actually know whether I believe in the traditional "ghost", but then again, I dont dis0believe in them neither.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:56 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

By the way, Nate, your avatar is seriously creep-diddly-eepy.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:20 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I think ghosts are real, but most of them probably aren't as public as we'd like to think.

By the way Nate, what is it with you and Pat Buchanan?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:11 pm
Sureal says...

Nope. I was in a debate on this over at the Darren Shan Message Board (me versus everyone else). Unfortunatly it looks like the mods decided to delete it. A shame really, because I could have just copy and pasted my arguments from over there.

I've been meaning to write up a non-fiction piece for this site called 'Disproving Ghosts', but I haven't actually ever got round to it yet...
I wrote the above just for you.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:35 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

I have no idea if ghosts are real. I know for a fact that sometimes people can want to see a ghost so badly they actually "See" one. I always thought that the existence of ghosts was just a phony until I was told (not saw on TV) three different stories that kept me wondering.

One, a lady at my church said that she was sleeping one night with her infant daughter in her cradle next to her and an older woman with white hair appeared and was pointing at her daughter. The next night, a man came and did the same thing. She described these people to her mother and then her mother showed her some pictures of her great grandparents and that was them. Then her mother suggested that they take the baby to the hospital and sure enough, the baby had pneumonia and if they had been a day late...the baby could have died.

(continued in next post)
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:36 pm
Chevy says...

(continued from previous post--my computer wont let me post it at the same time)
We met this guy and he told us that everytime you leave a room in the house--if you turn the lights or the sink off, they'll come back on. I thought that was a little stupid to say it was "ghosts" but when he said that he and his wife were sitting down at dinner, and his wife's plate flew up from the table and slammed against the wall--I was like..whoa...

Some historians walked into a house that had been abandoned for some one hundred years and they opened a door where there was said to be a slave that had been trapped there for years as a punishment. When they opened the door, an image of a black woman came running out, and ran straight through one of the guys, and he got up with a bloody nose.

So maybe these aren't even true...since I wasn't even there but I really don't know.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:59 pm
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

I am sick of these Pat Buchanan referances...

I believe in them. I know they're real, I know something is real. They are around, believe me. As my teacher was telling this story about her fathers house, the room was dead silent, all that could be heard was heavy breathing.
When the teacher said (a cop is telling her this) that the cop opened one door to this old mansion (old old mansion) he saw a ghost with a woman and made the gesture of strangling.
At this moment i could feel this tense pressure all over my body, it was abnormal, a combination of shivers and muscle tension... but it wasn't that. The room was still quiet.
Mike said RAPING HER?? because apparently he's a stupid ass, and then everybody started laughing. I kept still and then suddenly all of the strangness hugging me just vanished.

Aside from the fact people will say it was just the shivers they can go screw themselves, I have had weird encounters in my kitchen. I think somebody got murdered in my garage as well, there was blood all over the old doors before we got them replaced.

Ghosts exist, that's the end of that.

506 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:03 pm
Sureal says...

I could equally say that 'ghosts don't exist, that's the end of that', but I'm sure you wouldn't believe me :).

Personally, I wish ghosts existed. Not only would that be more comforting (knowing there's something after death), but it'd also make the world a more interessting place. But honestly, I don't believe they're real. If I ever get round to my 'disproving ghosts' artical, you'll see why I feel that way :).

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:02 am
Doctor Kitty says...

I believe in them. I know they're real, I know something is real. They are around, believe me. As my teacher was telling this story about her fathers house, the room was dead silent, all that could be heard was heavy breathing.
When the teacher said (a cop is telling her this) that the cop opened one door to this old mansion (old old mansion) he saw a ghost with a woman and made the gesture of strangling.
At this moment i could feel this tense pressure all over my body, it was abnormal, a combination of shivers and muscle tension... but it wasn't that. The room was still quiet.
Mike said RAPING HER?? because apparently he's a stupid ass, and then everybody started laughing. I kept still and then suddenly all of the strangness hugging me just vanished.

I get those all the time. With me, they are associated with lucid dreams, thinking about lifting out of my body, or just imagining there's a ghost around me, or staring at something. And occasionally motion sickness.

My thoughts? A psychological reaction to fear and anxiety, or perhaps some kind of seizure. Think about that feeling you had. Think about exactly how it felt, and it might happen again. Just thinking about that feeling makes me begin to feel numb. Seriously.

You wouldn't have happened to black out slightly during this episode, would you? What about a cold sweat? Were you edgy or irritable afterwards? Sorry so many questions...I just wanna know if what you experience is similar to what I occasionally experience.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:12 am
Sponson Light says...

Yes but we have a lot of people who say theyve seen, felt, heard, etc... ghosts.
You just say "that cant happen".
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

506 Reviews

Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:40 am
View Likes
Sureal says...

People see/hear/feel ghosts. But that doesn't make them real.

To quote Afterlife:
'The question is - do ghosts exist when there is nobody there to see them? I believe they don't.'

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu