24%
Pat Buchanan is a ghost
11%

Total votes : 250

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:11 pm
Sponson Light says...

I dont have a bible, nor do I believe in it. So it would make that statement pretty moot.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:24 pm
Armadian says...

If ghost dont exist...how come there is millions of documentries on them....The world must be crazy.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:58 am
Doctor Kitty says...

The world must be crazy.

Your sarcasm speaks the truth. The world is crazy.

But I don't know where you're getting this "millions of documentaries" thing from.

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:17 am
Galatea says...

I believe in restless souls walking about. There are generally two kinds of hauntings. Intelligent and reflective. Reflecive hauntings are merely images of people left behind, a snapshot of what once was. Intelligent hauntings are more frightening, because the spirit is aware of its presence in the mortal plain.

Either way, I could tell countless interesting tales of my encounters with souls. But I'll tell you the creepiest one, instead. I was stepping out of the shower one day. It had been particularly hot and mist hung in the bathroom very thick. The mirror was completely coated in fog. I took the two steps from the shower to the toilet and pulled on the towel waiting for me there. Then I turned back to the mirror. There was a figure behind me, definitly male. He placed his hands on my shoulders, leaned down, and kissed me twice. Once on the left shoulder, and then on the left side of my neck. I could feel his body, his hands, his lips. I could see him in the mirror. But for some reason, I wasn't afraid. I turned, so that I might see his face, but there was no one there. And when I turned back to the mirror, he was gone.

I believe in ghosts.
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:03 am
Emma says...

I believe in ghosts a LITTLE bit. (Yes you can!) Once I see one, then I will totally believe in them. XD

Random avatar

Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:42 am
Doctor Kitty says...

Teehee. Haze is a ghost-agnostic. :P

There are angels roaming about, along with demons, but not restless spirits of those deceased. That's what I believe.

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:48 am
Jojo says...

Are we moving backwards or forwards? Ghosts are nothing but medieval fantasies. Of course, if someone wants to believe in ghosts, nobody's stopping him.
The Football Freak.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sat Nov 12, 2005 7:53 am
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

I disagree. Perfectly normal people have had experiences with ghosts, not just medieval freak shows.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Random avatar

Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:07 am
View Likes
Doctor Kitty says...

Unfortunately those "perfectly" normal people have no way of proving it.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:51 am
Sureal says...

If we look at ghosts from a physics point of view:

Most commonly, ghosts are seen or heard:
In order to be seen (ie. to reflect light) then they must have mass.
In order to make sounds (ie. to vibrate the air) then they must have mass.

So, we've established that ghost's have mass. They are made of somthing physical.
However, we have no current way to 'pick up' these ghosts - no intrument or device that can record them. Which (of course) implies that they actually don't have any mass...

It's very easy to explain the large amount of ghost stories. They basically boil down too:

- Lyers (this DOES happen, especially on the internet),
- People who slightly alter (be it on purpose or not) the story, for example, leaving parts out (this happens pretty much every time),
- People jumping to conclusions (this accounts for LOADS of cases) - I've done this one myself,
- Hallucinations (you are prone to seeing and hearing things at night, especially whilst resting or tryign to get to sleep)

Have you ever wondered why :-) looks like a smiling face? Or perhaps :-( or :-D ?
It's because our brain does its best to recognise patterns (especially other people) when presented with a jumble of mess.
You'll also know the same happens even the more when it's dark - a jumble of clothes can look like a person.

When something happens to someone that could be a ghost, they imidiety jump to the conclusion that it was a ghost. A perfect example would be with my little brother - he thought he had seen a ghost (so panicked and ran), until I went and checked out the area and discovered the 'ghost' was actually just a white table.
Even after I told him this, he still insisted it was a ghost, until I actually took him and showed him the table.

A lot of ghost stories you hear are to do with someone that person knows (usually a familly member). This stories will of course be distorted (assuming it was true in the first place, and not just a way for a parent to scare their child), making them seem more conclusive then they actually are.
I wrote the above just for you.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Nov 12, 2005 11:04 am
Emma says...

Ghosts are something people believe in, just like the bible and that sort of stuff. Some don't some do. Oh and some kinda do... O_o

I wish I could see a ghost, I'm so sad..

Random avatar

Sun Nov 13, 2005 4:56 am
Doctor Kitty says...

If you believe something your mind will make you see it eventually. Haze, if you really want to, believe that you will, and you will trick yourself into thinking you saw one, thus curing your desire.

:P

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:32 pm
Nefer says...

I don't believe in ghosts and I don't think I ever will. I did think my house was haunted by a poltergeist but it tuned out to be my neighbours cat.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:34 pm
Whatsarahsaid says...

I'm not sure, but one time when I was at my friend's and she had gone to sleep. I saw a young woman sitting at her kitchen table in the dark, it was seriously weird because it was not her mother!
But I'm still not sure of what I saw.
I do believe there are other beings than humans on this earth.
Alice♥
"stay up all night with the stars."

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:31 am
Torpid says...

I dunno man, i've heard stories but uh... all i know for sure is that reading this forum in a dark room at night with only the computer on for light is pretty freakin scary.

sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara