8%
Nothing! I hate this site!
4%

Total votes : 143

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:16 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

I love the community feel.This is my second home.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:14 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I have to agree, the community feel is working well. I have concerns, which will be voiced in the dislikes. I do like how the admins are very active though.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:46 pm
Icaruss says...

I came here for something else. I came here for the ladieeees...

OH YEAH!
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Sep 15, 2005 11:50 pm
Duskglimmer says...

*blinks*

Well... I come for the community, but mostly for the writings. I like to read what other people have written and learn from what I liked/didn't like about thier stories.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:33 am
Sam says...

The writing-related stuff, like Dusky said, is the most important thing. The nice community is a perk. :wink:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:47 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I came for another place to post the crap that some might call writing. I stayed for the community. I feel less like an outcast online than in the real world. And yes, I still do write. I really should post some of my stuff...
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:49 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Yeah, I feel the same as Niteowl. This site is so small you have an easy time making friends, and the people with "authority" (admins, ect) are very active and don't think twice about speaking to newbs. Oh, and one thing I really, really appreciate is that foul/offensive language is kept to a minimum. That's nice, and it seems to attract people.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:16 am
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

I have to say the community is the thing I love most about this site. Everyone's so constructive and encouraging while also being honest in their criticism and helpful.
As marching_gurl89 stated, this is like my second home
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:00 pm
Emma says...

It's just a very good site, the site which I have gone on, nearly everyday.

Everything just rawks.

Including you Nate! Well, when you're not p***ed off at me... :P

Random avatar

Reviews: 71
Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:51 pm
View Likes
Nis says...

There isn't anything that I don't like about the site, it's really easy to navigate around and I also love the silver/blue colours.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:32 am
supercanti says...

I like the writings. I like reading other peoples work and giving them my opinion and I like my stuff being read so other people can give there opinions.

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 pm
McMourning says...

The Community
Almost everyone is nice here, even when they're reviewing a work. No one, that I have seen, has trash-talked someone or someone's work. Any teasing is done out of fun, not with the intent to harm. (Which, might I add, I have not seen at other sites.....oh, the horror, of some forums!)
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:06 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Noticed this here....I suppose this was before my coming? I'll rant anyway.

I love the people, and I love the admins. The people: amazing, wonderful, always willing to help be it writing or personal problems :-) No one is too cruel (I'm sure someone could give me an example of cruel, but if you're talking about critiques, it's all relative) and everyone is helping everyone else get *so* much better at writing.

And the Admins... or, should I say, Nate in general? He is the most active admin I have ever known, actually hanging out in the chat now-and-then (even if he's usually too busy to talk) and randomly posting on the forum like the rest of us. He isn't just the admin/owner, he's a member of the site too, which makes it really nice. Rather than him being a scary figure, he's a kind friendly person :-) Everywhere else I've been the admin was one guy, rarely seen, leaving several things broken for long periods of time unless a Jr. admin got to it, or he did... And rarely did he post. But that site was large, probably larger than YWS. but still, he was never seen, and the site was never...this actively worked on? Nate is constantly giving us something fun to do. like mascots.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:15 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

What I like is that people can see my work and critique it. Wanting to be a published writer ASAP, I really need to hear what people say on my work. I can relate to the people who have the dreaded, demonic Writer's Block and help others grow, word-wise. This site is just awesome.

The people are kind and helpful (thanks, Claudette! I owe ya one! :) ), and though the critiques feel harsh, if they don't kill me, they'll help me improve (my personal motto on the subject). My only...bad complaint about the people is about that Hiro-Vash-Baron Ink person.But, hey, that's one in a thousand, aye? Moving on.
I do get lost every now and then, lol. :lol:
I think that Nate posting here and there is really cool, shows that he really has a sincere interest in the site. The junior Admins. and staff are regulars, and that's a big help.
Thanks to all :)
~Sumi
ohmeohmy

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:06 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

Everything. Shame you didn't put that as an option.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook