17%
Other
34%

Total votes : 166

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:39 pm
Shadow Knight says...

If I recall, I wrote my first story in the second year of school, I do not remember the title, but I recall, in this story, the person that lived next door to me, was a monster, and I befriended him. That is all I remember. My first proper story, I wrote in my fifth year of school, with encouragement from my teacher to enter a writing contest. After editing this story greatly, and finally submitting it, I didn't even get a reply, which turned me off writing for a while, but then eventually I started writing more short stories involving my closest friends at the time, and it's all developed since then.
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:12 pm
View Likes
Beethoven says...

It was also done on a program called Creative Writer

Bwahaha, Creative Writer! I used to love that program! Course, I didn't write back then, soo...

My first story was written probably when I was 10 or 11... I worked on it for quite a while. It was called Chonezz, and was about two kids who play chess, and get this magical chess board that whatever happens on it, happens in this other land called Chonezz. Then they are transported to this other land, and have to make right what they made wrong. I was so proud when I finished it. 80 pages long (double spaced). And, of course, it was so incredibly lame.

In fact, everything I've written since like age 16 has been incredibly horrible. *sob*
Your existence is overbearing.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Chevy says...

My first story was about a chicken who went to Six Flags. That's all I remember.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:01 pm
Sureal says...

The first story I wrote for leisure (as oposed to school) was a very bad fantasy. Dark Elves from Warhammer...
(um... I think)

My first EVER story... I can't remember.
I wrote the above just for you.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:58 am
Snoink says...

The first story I wrote was a full picture book called, "The Pilgrim Pig." The book was about the first Thanksgiving, and strangely enough, I researched for that story before I wrote it. Wow! Even then! Anyway, I wrote several other short stories in first grade, most of them being completely illogical but very funny. I should post some on YWS.

In my school (it was public at the time) there was a great emphasis on creativity. So I wrote in first grade. Then, as school weighed me down from second grade beyond, I hated writing until I was pulled out for homeschooling.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:11 am
View Likes
niteowl says...

My first story was about me and my friend Amy (whom I haven't seen much seen the second grade). I don't remember much about it. I was about six, I think. My first official story (for school) was called "The Double London Adventures". Basically someone's stealing all this stuff and it turns out to be the Queen's personal bodyguard. And of course the only people who can solve this mystery are two third-grade girls from Michigan. It's lame, and the drawings are even worse.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:26 am
View Likes
deleted6 says...

Me first story jeeze that hard well me first real story was called the Mystery Murder???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? lol weird story oh well
hint it was like cluedo
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:18 pm
Nai says...

My first actual novel/story idea was a science fiction story. It took place in space and it was basically inspired by the computer game, Starcraft. And for those of you who haven't played it, it is a classic CTS and it's a great f***ing game.

Anyway, my good guys were shaped after a race in the game called the Protoss.

Then, a long time after that, I started the fantasy saga i'm working on now. At first, what I wanted to do was still incorporate the science fiction story into the fantasy story. And I actually thought it was working pretty good. But then I realized how hard it would be and how much I would have to perfect it if I was going to make a story that basically changes genres while still keeping the story relatively the same. And also keeping the story believable and good.

So now, the first story I ever started is just like an abandoned text collecting dust in an underground library.
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:36 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

My first original (not some fanfic or something) story was written in 2nd or 3rd grade and it was a rough time for me because not many people wanted to be my friends to say the least. I wrote a story about a beautiful unicorn who spoke to a beautiful bush and the bush told her to land on another smaller, excluded bush that all the unicorns thought was ugly and disgusting. At the time, I was just writing it for fun, but now that I look back on it, I see my feelings at that time being portrayed through it. Weird...
I must admit I laughed at it when I last read it... I don't think it was supposed to be funny, but oh well
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:05 pm
Sam says...

Oh yes! I forgot to mention...Easter Bunny Goes To Washington DC was written in first grade...three typed pages long. I was very proud of it. :P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:12 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

My 1st story was called "Jonathan Newman's amazing journey" and wrote it on english. Something about earth getting whooped cuz there were bunch a tunnels and generators built around the center of the earth drawing from its energy core. Good scenario, crappy style, as always, that was like, 6 years ago or something....
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:59 am
Duskglimmer says...

My first story was about the adventures of my doll, Lissie... she had gotten lost and I made up a story about where she went and who she met. I was sure that she could talk when I wasn't in the room.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:57 pm
View Likes
concertchick16 says...

mine was about a dolphin that wanted to play with the other dolphins but his mom wouldn't let him.
then he found out all the other dolphins got eaten by a shark.
lame i know, i was in first or second grade. i even drew bloddy pictures.lol

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:19 am
Icaruss says...

I remember writing a story in first grade, of primary. There I was, trying to think about something to write... when it hit me: A Men In Black Ripoff!

It was about me escaping from a giant coackroach, and... and I don't remember much else. But it had a drawing. That gave me extra points.

YEAH!
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

Random avatar

Reviews: 57
Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:41 am
View Likes
Nefer says...

A really pathetic piece called 'Through the Portal', it was about a family that moved into a new house and two of the girls found a portal and went throught it and got stuck. Stupid really.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
— Walt Disney