2%
Other (please state)
12%

Total votes : 136

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue May 08, 2007 1:29 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

I'm just so frustrated at the slowness of this forum. It's just that there are a lot of good talents and tips on this forum, and people should post more! And faster!

I think we need this forum to either get members that can post more and get more responses, since there's nothing like someone posting a good, juicy topic and a lot of people answering it to tell him or her what they think about it. I catch myself repeatedly "refreshing" the page, just to see if anybody's replied to the topic I've posted, that way you can know if your two cents is truly appreciated.

So...for me, I'd say "More posting, more energy."
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed May 09, 2007 2:16 pm
Tassen Spellbinder says...

I say we re-open the tavern. But I agree with everyone else too.
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen. - George Orwell, 1984

Where in the world is Enoch Root?

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Thu May 10, 2007 12:00 am
darchoco says...

just one thing. I love it when people critque my stuff. Thats the main reason i post it. BUT NO ONE DOES ANYTHING WITH IT!!!! ugh it ticks me off... feels good to rant every once in a while :twisted:
if you were to die today, would you be able to tell yourself that you did everything you wanted and everything you could?
life is a puzzle. want to put it together with me?

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:19 pm
Leja says...

The "Nate being away" option is rather ironic. It's not certain members themselves that irk me, but rather their critiques. Those along the lines of:

"well, I don't know anything about [insert style/genre of work here], but ur a gr8 writer. It was really good!!!!!"

If you don't know enough to properly critique, and know you're not giving anything helpful, then why are you posting?

You're right, darchoco, it does feel good to rant. I'm done now ^_^

*skips off*

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:33 pm
RatchetWriter says...

Hmmm.......... Nothing really except for one thing.

I don't see much of Nate. I mean it's nice to know what the head honcho is like an all. It's nice to know the boss guy of the joint.

What I mean is that if he had time, it would be nice to see him a little more active in the forums and the like.

(Of course I'm not complaining about him not being on much right now because he's not here anyway)

Other than that the site great!
~S.P.E.W~ "Special People Enthusiastically Writing"

*sigh* "Another day, another death course."
Ratchet

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:36 pm
Ofour says...

Amelia: many, many people feel the same and have complained about it for a long time. Unfortunately it continues, despite the fact that there are many helpful tips and guidelines for writing a good critique. I do think, however, that one of those critiques is better than none.

darchoco: I see from your profile that you have made three reviews. The more you review other people's work the more likely it is for them to do the same for you.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:40 pm
Fand says...

Ratchet: Nate's currently away, working at a summer camp until mid-August, and has limited Internet access. He's usually around quite a bit more than this.

My rant: this site is becoming overrun by n00bs (note that I have no issues with newbies, just n00bs) who treat it as a showcase where everyone can "ooh" and "aah" over their dreadful, amateur poetry, and fewer new writers seem to be treating it as it was intended--a serious online workshop for writers to improve their skill. I mean, c'mon, they could at least try to improve!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:41 pm
Leja says...

Fand: *claps*

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Ofour says...

I think it's a matter of patience, in this hurried world of ours. No-one seems to give much time any more.
ln(-a)=i(pi) + lna

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:20 pm
She Writes says...

Okay--I will rant:

I AM SO FREAKIG MAD THAT THEY WONT LET US MAKE CHATROOMS ANYMORE!!! ugh now we are all in one big chatroom talking about 6 different topics. and PMing doesnt work because sometimes more that two people are in the convo! I just wish it was like the old days...the glory days on YWS. lol.

No, but other than that, I love this site. Very nice job! ^^

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:41 pm
JC says...

Honestly, I love this place with a fiery passion. I wa pretty much insane during 'the great YWS outage'. So this place is pretty amazing in my eyes. The only thing that irks me a bit, is the lack of critiques. Most people here post their work, expecting tons of feedback, when they don't even help others. Basically, the level of selfishness here annoys me some.

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:56 am
Loose says...

Fred.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:47 pm
ninja-Z says...

well i know most of the time i get critiques but i wish i'd get them sooner after my work was done :( . overall,though,nothing is terrible on YWS :D

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:50 pm
GingerLizzy says...

I have to say sometimes it annoys me of that lack of feedback on some of my piece of work and some of the reviews I get aren't good, but that's my fault sort of. Plus, like everyone keeps telling me, I need to be able to deal with the bad reviews.

Other than that though, it;s really good and I've had some great feedback with good advice and everyone is always willing to help. ^^
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:11 am
casey_kent says...

not much. but I don't like certain mean members though. Don't wanna mention them.
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner