What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

The actual writing
13%
Creating Characters
22%
Plotting (and scheming :D )
9%
Researching the time period, culture, etc.
1%
Creating your own world
23%
Other - tell us below!
3%
I can't decide! Everything is just so much fun!
19%
Beginning a piece of work
5%
Ending a piece of work
5%

Total votes : 960

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:09 am
~Volant~ says...

I, myself, voted "creating characters." Absolutely love it. There's a magic in creating new people who think and feel for themselves and will eventually spiral away from your control, with a mind of their own....you?
Where are we going?

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:14 am
Sureal says...

Brainstorming. I like to go for long walks, plug myself into my iPod, and just think about my story. I develop just about every aspect of it whilst doing this. I also like to brainstorm whilst sitting in a car (obviously not whilst driving, though) or on the train.

I also enjoy editing a lot too. I actually enjoy editing more than writing the first draft.
I wrote the above just for you.

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:39 am
Prokaryote says...

Being done. D:

Pork

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:43 am
BigBadBear says...

Like Volant, I like creating characters. Characters are people that you get to play God with. I just think that's pretty sweet.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:51 am
View Likes
PerforatedxHearts says...

Getting done, creating characters, and hitting that spot where everything's going perfectly and you're just scribbling words down on paper or typing furiously on the computer, you can hardly keep up with your mind and the words you need to write next...
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:20 pm
Alainna says...

*moved to Writing Tips*

:D
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:03 pm
Blink says...

Ending.

I love just typing 'The End', before, of course, promptly scribbling it out because that makes horribly novice reading. Having said that, I've never actually finished a novel. I like creating characters too, but also to just switch on iTunes, push aside my homework and get the idea down.

In short: it rules.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:52 pm
time_fox says...

Being able to just role with an idea. Even if it doesn't make any sense at all I will take what I have just written and I will form it into a really good story. Also just being able to escape from my world and being able to create another. I love writing and the thing I love the most about writing is being able to share my ideas and also seeing peoples faces light up when reading my stories.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:50 pm
View Likes
Gahks says...

I voted other: Finding the inspiration, the freedom, the drive to spill ideas onto the page.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:53 pm
Fellow says...

I like creating characters and making their personality. After that putting them in different situations and writing their reactions.
But ... eh... I like the whole action of writing. I enjoy my world :P

-Akayl
Life is a song. You just need to know how to sing it.

topic35881.html - Need reviews? Click!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Clo says...

I really like developing characters. Writing and writing and then adding more descriptions and more depth with each event until you have a character you think is brave but an idiot or terrible and you want them to redeem themselves, or anything like that - you just feel for your character. I like that. :)
How am I not myself?

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:24 am
lukas8u says...

Having my work out there for other people to see it. I don't mean in the egotistical sense that i want people to tell me i am the best writer in existence, but it's a good feeling when someone compliments you for something that you worked on

Or is that egotistical? :?:

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:10 am
CaitE Baloney says...

My favorite part about righting is the thrill I get at just plotting a story inside my head. I think that my life would be missing something if I didn't always have a story rolling around in my brain all the time.

Plus it is easier to deal with fake problems then your own :)
"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader."-Robert Frost

"Dreams are the future in rough draft."

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:18 am
KailaMarie says...

I voted characters, because I could think about a character for hours, write a profile, then rewrite it a day later with a whole new way to think about it. I love getting inside people's heads and telling their stories. Or letting them tell their stories.

But I also love new ideas. When something comes to you, and you just have to write it down. I love when you can't stop typing long enough to even realize your hungry or have to go to the bathroom.

And not to be vain, but I also love when someone reads what I've written with good feedback. Don't get me wrong, I love the tough critiques too, because they help a lot more, but when someone loves something you've written and can't even think of anything that would make it better... It's like taking a nap in the sun on a breezy spring day... sigh...
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:10 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I love describing things in an artful, creative way. I also like putting emotions into words.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

The blood jet is poetry and there is no stopping it.
— Sylvia Plath