What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

The actual writing
13%
Creating Characters
22%
Plotting (and scheming :D )
9%
Researching the time period, culture, etc.
1%
Creating your own world
23%
Other - tell us below!
3%
I can't decide! Everything is just so much fun!
19%
Beginning a piece of work
5%
Ending a piece of work
5%

Total votes : 960

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:38 pm
Sonlen says...

I picked the actual writing. I just love coming up with a story. It always seems so magical... At least until I go back a few days later and think, "Man, that's terrible..."
Yes, it's true, I absolutely rock.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:50 am
Phantomofthebasket says...

I picked everything.
I couldn't decide.
I love creating new characters, the universe they exist in, all of the plotting...
EVERYTHING.

Problem with me, however, is I can never finish anything if its above five chapters. =/
Phantom's Contest Basket <--Make me happy and join my contest! Due date: August 15th!
Phantom's Reviewing Basket <--Need a review? Go here and ask!

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:09 am
Bloo says...

i chose the character creation but was torn betwwen the plot and creating then the world cause they are all so musch fun for me.

216 Reviews

Reviews: 216
Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:44 am
asxz says...

I just like the whole thing, the coming up with a good idea is the best part for me, and then just letting my mind wonder through all of the possibilities!
::XoX::KeepWriting::XoX::

GENERATION 29: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Writing is 3% talent and 97% not being distracted by the internet

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:12 am
TexanWriter says...

I picked the actual writing, because I love finding out how the story will end up. I make up a beginning, and see where it all goes from there!
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

Reviews: 3
Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:09 pm
Moody says...

My favorite part of writing is either coming up with ideas or writing the beginning. I have a hard time concentrating on one story through. I have too many ideas and not enough time.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 pm
100xstupid says...

Woot! Fourth place! I love letting words flow from my fingers and twisting into the most creative forms i can imagine, concentrating on the power of every single syllable. I'm even smiling as I write this!
"As for me, all I know is that I know nothing"
-Socrates

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:10 pm
Meharry says...

Well I suppose the thrill of writing something, is that it's one of the few morally ethical practices where you get to play God, you can create people, fully fledged human beings that can (if they're well created people) connect with a reader and then you get to determine where they go in life and where it ends for them and how they interact with all these other people that you've created. It's liberating.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:51 am
View Likes
Telina says...

Ha, i just wrote a poem about why I love writing, it's my release.

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:04 pm
Horserider says...

I like writing the story best. Just sitting at my computer and watching the words flow onto the pages. Sharing in my characters joy and sadness. I admit that I've made myself cry and laugh with my characters.

Finishing the book is great too, but there's always that sense of "it's done" depression. Sad that the writing is over, but glad at the same time.

Brainstorming... My brain has a tendency to storm with ideas when it's least convenient. Like during school, when I'm trying to sleep, usually when there's no paper or pens aorund.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:59 pm
Rakun says...

It's hard to decide but I really love to use my creativity on any stage.
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:51 am
Bokkaku says...

Writing itself; writing is amazing! Granted, I love creation, and I love building... and ending comes in as a close favorite. But what gives you more thrill than writing a tense moment, or allows you to control your own emotion but not at the same time? Ah, writing. My crack.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:57 pm
urso major says...

I agree with all of those who say characters, or worlds. That's sometimes the best part, especially if it's a fantasy. You can do want you want, how want, whenever you want! You start with an idea, then just let it flow.

Reviews: 0
Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:10 pm
Writerbabe101.9 says...

Creating the caraters trian of thought feel and emoition is my favorite part
I'm da guddest riter!

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:27 pm
jessiica-x says...

I was so difficult to pick one but i love the idea of creating my own world where anything could happen because it's all up to me =) x

It's easier to come up with new stories than it is to finish the ones you already have. I think every author would feel that way.
— Stephanie Meyer