What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

What is Your Favorite Part of Writing?

The actual writing
13%
Creating Characters
22%
Plotting (and scheming :D )
9%
Researching the time period, culture, etc.
1%
Creating your own world
23%
Other - tell us below!
3%
I can't decide! Everything is just so much fun!
19%
Beginning a piece of work
5%
Ending a piece of work
5%

Total votes : 960

Reviews: 4
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:17 am
Nai-Xi says...

I voted other. Although researching, creating characters, and time periods are fun, I just enjoy picking a theme and just writing until I get blocked or when my hands falls off. I enjoy getting in the pace after you have come up with a great idea, and you think for about 10 minuets about what is your next sentence when you really write about 20 sentences when the pen touches the paper. But my one of my favorite things about writing is that when you give some of your writing to someone and they are moved or almost turned to tears because of what you write. That is what a writer is all about, working hard and enjoying it,and then see the fruits of your labor that can be just a smile on someones face.
"Speak every time you stand so you do not forget yourself." Anis Mojgani

198 Reviews

Reviews: 198
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:06 am
Dreamworx95 says...

I said I couldn't decide because I was caught between creating characters and plotting, because plotting depends ont the characters, know what I'm saying? It all depends on what they wanna do. Can't control 'em.

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:33 am
paramour says...

I voted for creating characters. I love making up new characters, especially when I get to name them. I love looking at name meanings to find the perfect name for them.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:03 pm
Nate says...

Wow, 923 votes! Time to make a new poll...

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:09 pm
Blink says...

We must reach 1000! =D

Or you should make a poll called "Should we make a new poll?". Or not, of course.
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 pm
wookielover17 says...

My favorite part is definitely creating my own world!!! Somewhere where I can do whatever I want. Make what isn't real real and no one can tell me I can't do something!!!!
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 pm
Young gun says...

Being able to entertain or engage someone with what I write.My vote goes to other.
Too bad we don't live to experinece death

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:17 am
MeanMrMustard says...

Obviously Pat Buchanan. I mean really. No option.

"Beneath this mask, there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask, there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof."
— V for Vendetta