Pat Buchanan
5%

Total votes : 554

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:50 pm
Leja says...

Yes!

It's about this city that's trying to secede from the surrounding country and the ramifications of that for the main character and the narrator. Basically, I think that decentralization and the Greek idea of a polis are ridiculously interesting, so that's all I ever really write about. XD

And then I'm starting to think about NaNo, too.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:07 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Yes! It's based on something I wrote for one of the Writing Olympic events, the painting one. If I get loads done, maybe November will become NaNoEmo for me (National Novel Editing Month). xD
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:57 pm
Blink says...

Yes... :cry:

I reached 30,000 words and thought, ah, scrap this junk. I wish I hadn't now. Sure, this one's way better but now I'm stuck, pouring over what I did before copying sentences in and logging in and out of YWS tying to procrastinate on my English coursework that may or may not turn into a novel...

*gasp*

Sorry for the long sentence.

But... I think I might just carry on from where I left off... or not. Don't know but I am writing it!
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

Reviews: 4
Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:32 pm
hamerkid2 says...

Yeah I've been working on my novel "Moving on for almost three years. it may never be finished
-Hamerkid2

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:56 pm
Cobra says...

I'm writing a book which I hope will get published...does that count as a novel? Anyway, it's called Top Secret Cobra: Half-Human(I'm hoping to write more than one book, hence the "Top Secret Cobra" bit) The main character is an assassin called Cobra but I've thrown in werewolves, sentient plant-creatures and even a race of my own invention called the Sinefesh. Just to make it interesting. It may sound crazy, and it does have a very complicated plot, but I'm nearly a hundred pages in now and still going strong!(Although my target is four hundred)

-Cobra
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:50 pm
Squishy says...

its about how immortal clones take over human kind and nuke the planet...

jkjk... no treally, its a secret and is getting there. (will be in advanced critiques soon... come look!)

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 pm
deleted2 says...

The novel I'm working on is one that's been stealing away all my free time for quite a while now.:P

The Darkness Within is the story of Jess Parker, a fifteen-year old girl who flees her home in the hopes of finding freedom. Recently life has dealt her some bad cards, and she's been struggling with the deaths of family members, physical and verbal abuse by her stepfather, and the task of raising her younger brother and sister in a house that no longer feels safe.
Though she finds a new family and a new home, her stepfather and her past resurface all too soon, and she discovers that the side she's seen of him so far isn't the extent of his cruelty. Organized crime and ghastly murders follow, and she, once again, watches the control over her own life slip through her fingers.
The Hell Hounds want her, and they won't hesitate to leave a trail of death and destruction in order to reach their target.

:wink:

Dramatic, much? Haha :roll:

XxxDo

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:28 pm
KailaMarie says...

i have been for a while, only i keep switching novels. lol. I had one, but i got a little confused. haha. So tehn i started another one, and i think i'm actually going to finish it too. I have like 40,800 words right now, if you combine all the parts of it. I wrote some parts seperatly, but the main thing is just like 30,000 i think.
... :D ...
[url]spottedturtle.tumblr.com[/url]

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:31 pm
RandomGrrl says...

Gaah! Just when I begin to think I've escaped it, it creeps up behind me and bites me in the butt.

Answer= Kinda. It's all there in my head, just begging to be written. :D Wish me luck.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:32 pm
Jon says...

Possible Title? -- The Canaby Sisters

I have Six chapters on here and one in my computer still. I will be posting it when i am finished, although that might be for some time because of school and homework!

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:39 pm
View Likes
piepiemann22 says...

Yes, but its not really on YWS. I've tried several times, but I've decided to do some serious work before posting it here. Actually I should start, I'm working on the twentieth chapter already. Soon, soon.
I will always fight back, no matter what.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:14 am
xxfourthelement says...

It's my second, a sequel to the first one. Action-advbenture - or, at least, it's supposed to be. Most of it at the moment is dramatic dialogue-type stuff. Setup and stuff like that.

Definitely more excited for my NaNo book, though - epic romance. Although that one will be quite bloody.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:31 am
View Likes
Krupp says...

I'm writing four novels at the same time right now, and a short story as well...so it wouldn't do me any good trying to write what each and every one of them is about.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:36 am
Snoink says...

Uh... I am writing three novels and seeing which one I like best. The three basically suck, so I won't bother talking about them more than is necessary. And I sure won't post them on YWS until they pass the sucky first draft stage.

...but! I am editing a novel indefinitely! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:10 am
SimplyPersnikety says...

I am writing about 18 different novels. At the same time... Talk about torture! :P

My main two are lightly titled Guardian and Eleanor Rigby. but I'm not going to tell you about them.... just let the "interesting" titles pull you in :D

I have written the first page of Eleanor Rigby and a middle part of Guardian. So it might be a while before they show up here.
"My brains, your strength and his steel against a hundred troops? And you think a little head-jiggle is supposed to make me happy?" ~The Princess Bride

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp