Pat Buchanan
5%

Total votes : 554

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:55 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

If you are writing a novel right now, let us know what it's about!

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:58 pm
View Likes
Teague says...

*cries emo tears of emo-ness*

Yes. And it's going to kill me because one of the plotlines won't develop and one character is whiny and another is just silly and the other two are just coked up and AAGH. *cries*

Novelling: The Most Efficient Form of Self-Torture.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

253 Reviews

Reviews: 253
Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:05 am
View Likes
CK Lynn says...

I'm past 15, 000 words, so I'm hoping that counts as yes and not maybe. Half is up in Advanced Critiques.
"Just saying none of us want to conquer the world won't stop some other idiot from trying."
~Liberty and Justice, by Paul Dini

www.batmanworldblog.blogspot.com

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:35 am
View Likes
jules4848 says...

I hope that my story idea will someday turn into a novel.

It's about:

a female hero
love
action
mystery

Well thats the general idea of it. I'm only on the first chapter but I have almost the whole book mapped out in my head. Key word almost.

I know the beginning, the end, and a few parts in between. I just need to add the details.

I have the prologue and chapter one up in the Fantasy Forum. Its call Coven Born
Searching For An Explanations...
http://www.realityhitchhiker.blogspot.com/

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:16 am
View Likes
GryphonFledgling says...

Yes, I am writing a novel. It's a modern retelling of "Beauty and the Beast", without an actual beast. Is that wrong?

I'm in the middle of the third chapter now. Yay me! However, as Saint so truly says:

Novelling: The Most Efficient Form of Self-Torture.

I'm going to go put myself on the rack now. *waddles off to go write some more*

~GryphonFledgling
I am reminded of the babe by you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:26 am
View Likes
Emerson says...

Sort of. I'm in the planning stage for NaNoWriMo. heehee.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:38 am
View Likes
Anijumper says...

Well, essentially there's three. There's the one I've been developing for years in my head, that I've put on hold. Then there's another that wasn't fully developed and lacked research which I've mostly given up on. Finally there's the most recent one, which I'm crazy about. However, it's not really fully developed. The research is fun though, and writing it is fun, at least for now. Then of course, NaNoWriMo's coming up, and I have no idea if I could bear to work on something else. Ah well, we'll see.

And don't worry, Saint! Either it will get better or it'll get worse and then you'll know what to do with it. If that makes any sense...

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:43 am
View Likes
BigBadBear says...

No. I'm not.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:25 am
View Likes
JabberHut says...

I am, but it's more of an "If I get extra time, I'll write a few hundred words" thing. I'll probably turn it into my NaNo if I don't think up another idea.

It's a historical-fantasy. The first chapter is posted on here entitled Finding the Wandering City. It takes place in modern times. Emma discovers an ancient book which is one of a series that can take her back to the ancient times. Two strange boys explain to her that she must save the time of the Ancients by defeating the Thieves. The only way to do this, though, is to visit each major ancient city and take their dearest treasure before the thieves find it. Joining all of the treasures creates one unstoppable force.

That's a very blah summary, but I'm kind of excited for this novel. I just gotta get working on it, and hopefully NaNo will help me with that if I decide to use this. If all turns out well, I'll turn this into a series of books, but we'll have to wait and see. :wink:

~ Jabber ~
I make my own policies.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:49 am
View Likes
vet4life13 says...

I am writing a book called "Fudge Castle". Right now I'm outlining it, but it's about a land of chocolate. I'll post the first chapter as soon as it is written down.
:)

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:59 am
chocoholic says...

Yep!

It's complicated to explain unless you're actually me. But I'll try. It's about this man who has liver cancer and has to decide whether to die naturally or have euthanasia. Every second chapter is set sometime in the past, detailing his life.

Yeah... plus I've got a couple more ideas, and Im sort-of planning for NaNoWriMo, but I might not end up doing it because of my novel.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:38 am
View Likes
Rakun says...

There is a planned novel, now I am writing down it.
Discusses about love, romance, youth and high school...
Don't matter what, just WRITE!

Do you YWS?

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:50 am
View Likes
Jamie_rocks says...

I'm writing like, 15 novels.

My one main one is up in the Other Fiction forum. I have the first two chapters done and I'm working on the third. I have the whole thing planned out though. I can't wait to finish it.
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:19 am
View Likes
Kalliope says...

Roadkill ahead!

I've only written very little of it, but that will absolutely change in November. Up until then I will research the highways of the States and some other things of importance very throughly.
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:56 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

No =(

But the story I'm working on might turn into a NaNo thing, and then it will become a novel.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory