16%
Other
25%

Total votes : 161

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jun 23, 2005 5:54 pm
Meshugenah says...

Summer.. job, maybe (looking very bad for that at the moment).

Quite frankly, its two weeks into summer and I'm bored to death as I don't usually see my friends unless I'm iin school becuase we live far enough apart that walking is out of the question

It also means far too many baseball games (brother plays). sun burns, and Silver Lake.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:42 pm
Writersdomain says...

Band camp, writing camp, church camp, school camp! Camps almost every day of the week!
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:08 pm
Rei says...

My volunteer job starts up again next Wednesday, and I couldn't be happier. I am a donation box attendant at an outdoor theatre. This year they're doing Much Ado About Nothing. Haven't seen that one before, so it's gonna be extra fun watching the dress rehearsal on Sunday. I plan to watch it as many times as I can. Last year I saw the play three times from the beginning and twice after my shift ended, about half-way into the play. This year if I love it as much as last year I'm going to try to do it more.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:53 am
Griffinkeeper says...

For me it is a mixture of all those things- Summer Camp, Family Vacations, Pools, and being lazy in addition to all of it.

Nothing makes you appreciate doing nothing more than doing everything.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:19 am
Crysi says...

Meshugenah wrote:Quite frankly, its two weeks into summer and I'm bored to death as I don't usually see my friends unless I'm iin school becuase we live far enough apart that walking is out of the question

I could always walk to your house. :twisted: Come on, I don't live THAT far away from you. And walking's good. I might do that someday.

Come on, you people are so pessimistic! Summer is TONS of fun. *ignores the whispers of, "Has Crys finally lost it??"*

Yeah.. I guess sodas have the same effect on me as they do on Mesh. *laughs* But still. If you actually get off your bum, grab some friends, and plan to go somewhere, it can be awesome. Of course, my parents hate spontaneity.. But still. They'll get over it. ;) I plan to have one hell of a time this summer. I'm sick of lounging around at home with nothing to do, so I'm gonna do something about it.

Mesh, don't be surprised if I show up at your door and drag you out into the car. :twisted:
Love and Light

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:22 am
Boots_snob says...

Going home, spending time with my family anf friends, shopping and NO SCHOOL.
The only thing I hate about it is that I have to put up with my brother (he's 9 and I have nicknamed him BRAT) and my sister (shes 12 and I call her moocow or cowmoo) always fighting.
Uniaeca was here
here she was
was she here?
coz she was!

"Crazy? I was crazy once, they wrapped me in a pretty white jacket and put me in a pretty white room. And then the worms came. I hate the worms they were hyperactive"... "Hyperactive? I was hyperactive once..."

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:02 pm
niteowl says...

Summer means swimming for 2 hours in the morning (swim team, not fun stuff) then pretty much just hanging out the rest of the day. Also some occasional baby-sitting for my little sister's friends and her sibs. And pet-sitting. Right now we have Tucker staying with us. He's a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel who keeps trying to hump my Cavalier Ginger.

Plus I have one week at Camp Henry. I do the "Teen Challenge" program where we go up to the UP and do stuff from Monday night-Friday morning.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:05 pm
DarkerSarah says...

Getting extra work time in. So I voted "other." Of course, I do go on vacations and swim...sometimes.
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:08 am
Mallory says...

Summer means to me writing more stories and reading in an air conditioined room. :P

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:32 pm
dreaming_mouse says...

I just realised what else summer means to me this year: My mother bugging me to get a job ¬¬ it's illegal for me to do what I want with my own life in this house hold.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:47 pm
Tessitore says...

None of thee above.

For me it's heat, poison ivy, starry skies, great sunsets and sex.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:59 am
writergirlstevie says...

Summer means for me.... July busy and boaring!
The rest of the summer, loughing(sp?) around reading, writing and surfing the net...

Also Family vists (always fun:D), listening to music (exspechally(sp?) when it's in the car all the way up!), Hot days and nights...

That's about it for my summer... the rest is long car trips and looking for houses... (I'm moving again!!)
away

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:08 am
Kilty says...

Summer means hanging out with my mates, being bored, being hungry, being an insomniac, writing, reading, watching, raising havoc. . . .

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:46 pm
Nutter says...

Summer is... Er... The time of year that friendships are formed, broken, reastablished, broken once again. Stupid things happen, you seem to have no control over your life. Everything reminds you of everything else. You get confused. Oh yeah, and Sun, Sea, Sand, Pools, Parties and Barbeques. And stupidity. But Fun stupidity. Damn, I'm saying all this on a public forum!

All that, and more.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:24 am
Ceylon says...

Using my time for SAT preparation... :cry:
juste essayer

La fin d'ordinaire, et vous ne verriez pas ce que vient.

Comment bon il s'avérera être..

Wicked people never have time for reading. It's one of the reasons for their wickedness.
— Lemony Snicket