z

Young Writers Society

What's Your Favorite Summer Olympics Sport?

What's Your Favorite Summer Olympics Sport?

Swimming
25%
Cycling
2%
Track & Field
8%
Boating
4%
Gymnastics
42%
Shooting Sports
5%
Other (please explain)
15%

Total votes : 285

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:17 pm
Nate says...

So what's your favorite summer olympics sport?

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:18 pm
gamechanger10 says...

I'd have to say "other."

I'm all for soccer!
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:22 pm
Layleun says...

Gymnastics for me! I envy the people who can do what the gymnasts do. I'm not a bandy person XD

~Lupe

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 pm
PenguinAttack says...

I actually like watching hockey the most. ^^

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:31 am
Meshugenah says...

Gynmastics, though swimming and diving are fun, too!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:31 am
Kyuubi says...

I'd have to say swimming is favorite. The way the atheletes move through the water that easily, is amazing.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:35 am
View Likes
Caligula's Launderette says...

My favorite is Showjumping, but I do enjoy watching pretty much every sport.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:48 am
View Likes
smanda4 says...

swimming is great,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,love supporting all the African entrys in what ever event,,,,,,,
"i lost a little time, now i'm a little lost"
"i did not make the world i'm just trying to live in it"

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:08 am
View Likes
thunder_dude7 says...

Swimming! I swim some, and I don't go for speed. What I can't believe is the speed they have with the breast stroke. I can't see how anybody can get any amount of speed with that. I've always considered it a distence stroke that won't tire you out, and breathing is much easier.

Oh, and what really hit me in the face yesterday, after USA's AWESOME win against France...Did you see their arm muscles? They're insane! I mean, they don't look like strong people, but they're arms are insane!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:38 pm
Emerson says...

One of the few reasons I'm paying attention to the Olympics is because of the hope that Nadal and Federer will end up playing each other again. So, tennis! I haven't seen a lot of it because it's all on at 10.30PM or later, but if the aforementioned hope comes true, then you can bet I'll be up all night. For those of you interested, I cheer for Nadal. ^^
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:44 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Swimming & Athletics.

Tennis is one of my favourite sports, but I don't really watch it at the Olympics because the players don't really put their hearts into it: they don't treat it like an Olympic event should be treated. It's fair enough, because it's not a big tournament on their calendar.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:44 pm
Jiggity says...

Tennis!!

Federer is God to me.

*glares at Suz*

And I think the Olympics means a bit more to them than you say, Jack. I'm not sure if it's always been the case, but Gold is worth 500 points this year - the equivalent of a masters series or two XD.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:29 pm
View Likes
Periwinkle says...

Gymnastics. Especially rhythmic. I used to do artistic gymnastics, but I quit and wish I still did. I like to watch Romania for artistic and Ukraine and Russia for rhythmic.
Maybe you should kiss someone nice or lick a rock, or both - Regina Spektor

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:59 pm
Adnamarine says...

Gymnastics! Especially men's gymnastics. Anyone watch last night? Team USA is totally incredible! Everyone else always looks so formal after they do something, or while they're doing it their teammates just look on calmly. Team USA was so peppy and excited, cheering eachother on, literally jumping and screaming for joy when things went well. It's much more fun to watch them then most of the other teams.

But I like swimming too. In some ways it seems more competative. After that, track and field. I haven't seen any of that yet.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:27 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

I love the olympics, but my main reason for watching is gymnastics. I just love watching all the people doing flips and ninja moves that you usually only see in movies. Shawn Johnson is my hope and pride for the USA team! Plus they're always so inspiring, like wehn they fall they just get back up, finish the routine, and end with a smile. Especially the USA team. Last night they ROCKED it! GO USA!!:D
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet