No
88%

Total votes : 347

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:31 pm
StellaThomas says...

The ads don't actually bother me, I'm fine with it. It's not that I couldn't spare $2 which is what, a euro fifty or something a month, but the bother of going through it all really isn't worth it. I just choose to ignore the ads.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Reviews: 3
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:04 am
View Likes
Lulu|Luck says...

I couldn't choose between no and 2 dollars a month cause I really don't care

but I secretly think they are annoying :wink:

-Lulu
The night must fade away for the sun to bloom.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:55 am
andimlovegalore says...

I don't think I would. I've done it for other sites before, but the ads here really aren't obtrusive, they don't bother me.

Reviews: 3
Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:17 am
View Likes
Lulu|Luck says...

ya me neither... :?
The night must fade away for the sun to bloom.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:01 am
Sportgurl46 says...

ok, no offense, but if we had to start paying on this website then i would have to get off. only because i can't be on websites that have you pay, so i hope we don't have to start paying anything :(
omg lol thx HD!

237 Reviews

Reviews: 237
Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:59 pm
Teh Wozzinator says...

No, I wouldn't. The ads don't really bother me, and I might have to quit if I had to pay.
Go K-State for North Division!!

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:16 pm
Teague says...

Let's get one thing straight: The ad-removal would be a voluntary service, not a requirement.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

243 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 243
Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:27 pm
Blink says...

I would rather just click some ads for you, reguarly, since I have no way of paying. :( If I could, I would have bought the Journal by now!

:smt102
"A man's face is his autobiography. A woman's face is her work of fiction." ~ Oscar Wilde

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:03 am
Bella says...

I really don't see too much point to paying to remove ads.

Most of us ignore them anyway, right?

Personally, I don't have the money to pay to remove them - not even two dollars a month - and my parents wouldn't pay it either.

Now, if YWS needed help or something, then I'd pretty much send whatever money I could scrounge up. But that's an entirely different story, I think. At least from how I understand it it is.

~Bella~
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

70 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 70
Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 pm
Derek says...

Nate.
If you do add the pay for ad removal, it's completely optional.
I would pay for it just for the sake of helping out YWS.
So would a lot of other people.
I say make it an opinion, without pressuring anyone.
It sounds like a great way to make money for YWS!
and while most people say Ad's aren't the problem, I don't believe that's
the whole purpose is it?
You won't receive donations, so what other way could we help
YWS grow, and stay on the internet, then this?
It's a small price to pay for YWS has done for us.

Not to mention the OPTIONAL factor.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:12 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I voted yes. Admittedly only to the $2 a month option but I chose that thinking more about the majority of the site than just myself: it's easier to persuade parents to pay a smaller amount.

If we're talking exclusively me though, just wait until next year Nate when I will be officially in charge of my own banking. I already intend to start buying a few more pieces of YWS merchandise and I'd gladly pay a subscription, just to help the site along.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:25 pm
View Likes
Fishr says...

Nope, I apologize. See, the ads bother me in the slightest. This means they do not effect me enough to annoy. Actually, I maybe pay 2% to some of them, and those are the ads that advertise publishing.

Second, XD, all my hobbies are well, expensive, lol, and then the bills I have to pay on top of them. The ads are really no big thing. They certaintly don't take away from the professionlism of the site and YWS's members are a strong, central group. If members had to start paying, that stronghold of members would bust as many would flee. Not good. I would personally drop the entire notion because it's not worthy enough to presue.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:54 pm
patience_isnt says...

I wouldn't pay to remove ads. Why? Well, I personally don't see the point. Ads can help you if you've been looking for something and you just couldn't find it before. Plus, ads that just say: "Post Your Poetry! Get fast feedback from fellow poets! Publish your poems today!" I don't mind, because they aren't giving me a seizure, they aren't a pop up, and they aren't personally downloading onto my computer before I even found out what it was.

I realize that if we paid, you could stay on the internet much easier. It would make YWS grow, and perhaps you would add more things onto it. Although, I don't join websites with a fee, I honestly don't see the point. If I could go somewhere almost as good and not pay, or go somewhere better, but pay 3 bucks a month, which would you choose?

But, if you made the ad-removal optional, I would stay on, and so would many other users. Although, I'm not sure how that would work exactly, because most of us wouldn't pay just for the sake of not paying.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 am
cheese9975 says...

I definatley would not want to pay to get rid of ads. The YWS ads are not very prominent, either, they are easily ignored. I think that this should stay a site that is free to everyone. If it was decided that members could pay to get rid of ads, I do not think it should be mandatory. Perhaps have some sort of "premium" membership with a few more benefits? I know Nate already said that there would not be anything extra, but this is just my suggestion.

Thanks yall.
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:35 am
PenguinAttack says...

I would like to reaffirm that if this went though it would be OPTIONAL.

There would be no mandatory payment, Nate is very firm about that.

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

The mind of man is capable of anything - because everything is in it, all the past as well as all the future.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness