No
88%

Total votes : 347

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:43 pm
View Likes
ProfessorRabbit says...

I'd rather look at ads. I like to click on them now and then, in case the site gets revenue when I do.

EDIT: I also make it a rule not to pay for anything on the internet. I mean, I'm paying for the internet. I don't want to pay more for what's on it, you know?
Last edited by ProfessorRabbit on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:44 pm
View Likes
Teague says...

I think there's a bit of confusion going on. Think of it this way, kidlets. You're not just paying to remove the ads; you're paying to help sustain YWS. It costs money to keep this running, and the ads generate revenue to an extent (actually... they don't generate terribly much), but direct user input would be a lot more helpful.

So consider the fact that you're helping YWS when you make your decision. Don't just think you're paying to get rid of the ads. ^_^

Obviously if you can't, you can't. But just consider it.

-:pirate3:
Last edited by Teague on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:00 pm
View Likes
Matt Bellamy says...

XxXSerenityStillXxX wrote:I'm saving up to see 30 seconds to mars

Marry me? :smt055

I would pay to help YWS. If I could afford it :lol: so maybe at a later date.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 pm
View Likes
grimy89098 says...

depends, i just started work a while ago so i can afford it, and i do want to help YWS
but before i paid id probably have to hook up my bank account to paypal, and for that i'd probably have to ask mum to help (she uses paypal, and id probably end up hookin up the wrong account :roll: )
anyways i would (will) pay if i can
dont ever shut down YWS!

-Grimy

ps: i voted $2, which would be $2.08 AUD as nate said
I have the memory of a goldfish,
The attention span of a squirrel,
But the mind of a WRITER... or a psychopath, one or the other.

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:58 pm
View Likes
MidnightVampire says...

I wouldn't pay. I kinda enjoy the ads, because when I'm waiting for someone to reply to something, or put something up, or maybe procrastinating on something, I look at ads. Also, if this thing had a membership, I wouldn't be able to pay. I'm twelve, and I don't really get an allowance, so I don't want to spend my money on getting rid of something that i don't mind having there.
MV
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:07 am
lluvialover says...

I don't see a problem with advertising. They all are writing related and don't bother me.
Sometimes you have to dance on bones (past experience) just to have the strength to keep going.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:13 am
Snoink says...

I would pay, simply because I don't click on the ads save for the orange ones, so why not support the site in another way? Also, I am an oldbie, so I remember the clean look of the site without ads, and I remember hating it when the ads did come. Although I'm used to it now, seeing it without ads would be lovely again. <3

I put pay $2 since I am a college student and hey... a couple of bucks is nice. But I would probably pay the $4 a month too, so that's not really an issue (unless, of course, I have no money in which I am probably not going to YWS very much anyway).

The only concern I have is PayPal freaks me out. Soooo... yeah. I would have to make an account for that, which I am slightly unwilling to do. But whatever?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:41 am
JabberHut says...

I've trained myself to ignore them? And some of them are rather amusing. xD

Maybe when I'm not broke and am actually making money, I'll manage a few dollars your way. But at the moment, my parents don't no I'm on the site, not that they would care. They'll come up with a lame excuse not to, plus they don't like giving their information to just anything.

~ Jabber ~
Last edited by JabberHut on Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I make my own policies.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:21 pm
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

I said no because... well I don't click on the advertisements...
They're not an issue, and they do not pop up either and bug me.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:54 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

I'd be happy to pay $2-$4 a month to help sustain YWS. It just depends on how I'd be paying and if I or my family can spare $20-$40 a year. It doesn't seem like a whole lot to give, though.

Plus I'd love to see ad-less YWS again.
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:45 pm
View Likes
Cade says...

As much as I love YWS and wish to see it free of its shackles--I mean wholesome advertisements--I don't think so. Part of it is that my parents, who are rather wary when it comes to the internet, don't know I'm on YWS (though I don't think they'd actually mind that much) and the other part of it is that my parents, who are wary of the internet, dislike hooking up their credit cards to things like Paypal. :? However, when I am a college student, a year from now, with a credit/debit card of my own, this could become a possibility.
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:10 pm
View Likes
clueless says...

ads dont bother me... i just ignore them. to be tottaly honest i would never have noticed them if you hadn't said something... yeah. so basicly, i wouldn't pay.
"It is a dull mind that can think of only one way to spell a word."

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:40 pm
tinny says...

I haven't voted, because there's no simple yes option and I'm not sure which price I should really select. Neither of them are particularly large amounts; I could spend more than that on a sandwich or a snack, or if I'm talking to a friend on my phone. All I really need to do is set myself up with Paypal, and I've been meaning to do that for a while now anyway.

If it would support YWS more than the current adverts I'd got for it. I tend to phase the ads out aside from when they're glaring distracting and annoying. So although I don't take an awful lot of notice of them, I'd still like to see them go. If that's at a slight cost to replace the revenue then I'm happy to go with it.

The removal of ads would be the only benefit though, wouldn't it? Some websites give you little markers if you're a paid user or a donater and they've always put me off because I feel like they create a kind of silent hirachy. That could just be me though so, meh.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:35 pm
View Likes
Rubric says...

I would not pay, the adds don't bother me.

Having said that, why is it that there seem to be adds for adult dating services?

If anything that's just poorly aimed advertisement (considering the relatively low mean age group of this site)

Rubric
So you're going to kill a god. Sure. But what happens next?

Diary of a Deicide, Part One.

Got YWS?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:58 pm
View Likes
TNCowgirl says...

I wouldn't pay to remove them when Firefox removes them for me for free. I don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but there is an ad on for firefox that removes the ads for FREE!!!! So no I would not bay for them.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor